LB Reuben Foster Decommits from Auburn

Status
Not open for further replies.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Re: *** 2013 LB Reuben Foster Commits to Bama ***

Wasn't he also quoted as saying after this weekend's visit that he and a current UGA commit would be playing together in college no matter what?

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

That is what Bone tweeted Tray Mathews UGA commit I think). Foster said in the article that those 2 where playing together in college no matter what.
Yep, that's what I read also from another source and was referring to. That statement and the one reaffirming his committment to Bama do not seem to square with one another.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Yep, that's what I read also from another source and was referring to. That statement and the one reaffirming his committment to Bama do not seem to square with one another.
This has been ongoing for awhile. Reuben, Tray Mathews and Kamara say they want to play with each other. Have been saying so for awhile.

I remember Kwon, Reggie and Jaboo wanted to play college football together, too...

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

So how do we stand with Matthews and Kamara? :cool2:

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama

Hmm, if I am a parent of any of these 3 kids (or any other for that matter), there is no way I sign off on my child going to thUGA--especially if they have offers from ANYWHERE else. I think Foster is smarter than we all think and will not travel that wrong path, regardless of where his friends go. He is playing the game and getting publicity. By the looks of this thread, his game plan is working!

banjeaux

All-American
Jun 6, 2007
Slidell, Louisiana
Tide commit Reuben Foster calls trip to UGA 'wonderful', 'awesome'

Hmm, if I am a parent of any of these 3 kids (or any other for that matter), there is no way I sign off on my child going to thUGA--especially if they have offers from ANYWHERE else. I think Foster is smarter than we all think and will not travel that wrong path, regardless of where his friends go. He is playing the game and getting publicity. By the looks of this thread, his game plan is working!

Tide commit Reuben Foster calls trip to UGA 'wonderful', 'awesome'

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/07/tide_commit_reuben_foster_call.html#incart_river_default

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC

Actually Kamara in an interview yesterday said this.

“Me, Reuben and Tray are still talking about that,” Kamara said. “It is not a guaranteed thing but it is something we threw around that we would like to do. If it happens it would be great. We really like the idea and we have been talking about it for a while.”

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Actually Kamara in an interview yesterday said this.

“Me, Reuben and Tray are still talking about that,” Kamara said. “It is not a guaranteed thing but it is something we threw around that we would like to do. If it happens it would be great. We really like the idea and we have been talking about it for a while.”
Like I said above, Ragland, Alexander and Winston wanted to play together. We see how well that worked out.

narddogg81

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 18, 2012
Re: Tide commit Reuben Foster calls trip to UGA 'wonderful', 'awesome'

i really start to hate these high profile recruits who play the game for attention. I kinda hope he does go to UGA or the Barn and gets his ... kicked by us every year. We had 5 4-star linebackers in our last class, i think we will be fine wherever he goes. I hate this time of year, when the only mildly football related thing going on is trying to figure out where some dumb 17 year old is going to go to college.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

i really start to hate these high profile recruits who play the game for attention. I kinda hope he does go to UGA or the Barn and gets his ... kicked by us every year. We had 5 4-star linebackers in our last class, i think we will be fine wherever he goes. I hate this time of year, when the only mildly football related thing going on is trying to figure out where some dumb 17 year old is going to go to college.
While many of us don't like somethings that go on in recruiting your comment is offensive to a player committed to us (yes they and their parents view message boards like this) and to many of us who follow recruiting closely.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006

Relax a bit. Since football is slow, maybe watch Wimbledon or the olympic trials. It might be best to avoid a Bama board because recruiting is the only big thing really happening now. I wished that players didn't "commit" early and actively look around, but that's the reality of today's recruiting. It has helped us and hurt us over the years, so it just is something we have to deal with. If Foster sticks with us, it would be about 2 years of being committed. I'd expect him to review his options over a 2 year period. Heck, many of us have given up on a job in less time and this is a serious decisions in a young person's life. A verbal commitment is just saying that we "lead" in my opinion since it's not binding.

Ty Webb

Suspended
Feb 3, 2012

Agree with the above post. Some recruits like to play the game. If you can't handle it, don't follow it.

Consensus Top 10 recruits are typically recruited all the way to Signing Day. Foster won't be any different and will have a spot at Bama (barring excessive legal/grade/etc. trouble) if he wants to sign.

With ALL of that said, we'll have a consensus Top 5 class at the end of the year for the 6th straight year.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

Moo! :cool2:

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

Negative comments about our commits coupled with low post count will make one suspect........:cool2:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Negative comments about our commits coupled with low post count will make one suspect........:cool2:
I agree. A simple look at his small post count will raise or lower speculation, though.

JeffAtlanta

All-American
Aug 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA (Buckhead)

It's not like Foster has done anything that should upset anyone though. He's a verbal commit to Alabama but is taking his visits - that's pretty much standard for someone as highly ranked as he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.