LB Reuben Foster Decommits from Auburn

Status
Not open for further replies.

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
Re: Tide commit Reuben Foster calls trip to UGA 'wonderful', 'awesome'

It's not like Foster has done anything that should upset anyone though. He's a verbal commit to Alabama but is taking his visits - that's pretty much standard for someone as highly ranked as he is.
Yep. I'm not jumping up and down about the love he seems to be showing the dawgs though. And I certainly don't get a warm feeling every time he talks about the love they're showing him.

The strangest development in all this was this weekend. The comment about him and a UGA commitment definitely playing together in college obviously doesn't fit with his commitment to Alabama.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

The strangest development in all this was this weekend. The comment about him and a UGA commitment definitely playing together in college obviously doesn't fit with his commitment to Alabama.
Meh, half of the kids say that, especially early on in the process. As February closes in, though, they usually figure out that it is every-man-for-himself, so those nice little Happy Hands Club thoughts typically fade in time. I imagine that will happen here too.

Anything can happen in recruiting, obviously, but I wouldn't be too worried on the basis of those comments alone.

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

He's been saying that for months now. It's not a new development. It may seem uncomfortable to us, but UGA fans can't be thrilled either since he continues to say he's committed to Bama and Matthews visits Tuscaloosa with Foster.

jnhgiela

Suspended
May 26, 2011
Mobile, AL
Re: *** 2013 LB Reuben Foster Commits to Bama ***

"Many wondered whether Matthews and Foster would actually go through with their December pledge to attend the same college. Following Foster’s latest visit to Athens, Matthews said an agreement has been made.

“We are having fun, but we talked last night and we really know where we want to go,” Matthews said. “We both decided on a school and we are the only two that know. A couple of people are not going to like the decision, but we have to do what is best for us. “

Matthews says they will make their announcement together before the beginning of the season, and he feels two others could be joining them."

Whatever.

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/col...spn.go.com/blog/colleges/alabama/post?id=3623

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL

He's been saying that for months now. It's not a new development. It may seem uncomfortable to us, but UGA fans can't be thrilled either since he continues to say he's committed to Bama and Matthews visits Tuscaloosa with Foster.
Exactly. Like BET said, "BFF" proclaimations tend to lessen the closer recruits get to signing day. But even if they don't, why is it that everyone around here is assuming that it's Foster that will flip rather than Matthews? Looked at in that light, his comments WRT playing together sqare perfectly with his statements of continued solid commitment to Bama.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

"Many wondered whether Matthews and Foster would actually go through with their December pledge to attend the same college. Following Foster’s latest visit to Athens, Matthews said an agreement has been made.

“We are having fun, but we talked last night and we really know where we want to go,” Matthews said. “We both decided on a school and we are the only two that know. A couple of people are not going to like the decision, but we have to do what is best for us. “

Matthews says they will make their announcement together before the beginning of the season, and he feels two others could be joining them."

Whatever.

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/col...spn.go.com/blog/colleges/alabama/post?id=3623
The boogs think that means that they get them..............:cool:

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC

The boogs think that means that they get them..............:cool:
It does sound like it because the only team that woul dget upset about Mathews going anywhere is UGA. But the other 2 he is talking about is Wiggins and Kamara. Kamara has no interest at this point in AU. My guess if the 4 played together it would be UGA. And UA actually has a better chance than AU. Foster is already commited to UA. Foster has pubically said he has tried to get Mathews to UA, even Mathews has said so. Wiggins got offered in the spring and Kamara we are in his top 3 if not top 2.

At the end of that ESPN article Mathews talked about UA, UGA, and AU said all three have great coaching staffs and whatnot and no matter which of the 3 they decided on they would be fine.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa

Foster just witnessed the number one recruit in the country go to another school because he wanted a 3 for 1. Bama does not and will not play that game. Saban will only offer kids he believes can contribute. I know most of these kids have offers, but having them land at 1 school seems unlikely. Foster had better think twice about going to UGA or the boogs if he wants an career in the NFL. He need look no further than the last 3 drafts to see the results of Saban's coaching.

Regardless of what any recruit does, we'll be fine. I literally stopped worrying about recruiting after the 2008 Class. In Saban I Trust.

BamaQ

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 12, 1999
Savannah, GA

Foster just witnessed the number one recruit in the country go to another school because he wanted a 3 for 1. Bama does not and will not play that game. Saban will only offer kids he believes can contribute. I know most of these kids have offers, but having them land at 1 school seems unlikely. Foster had better think twice about going to UGA or the boogs if he wants an career in the NFL. He need look no further than the last 3 drafts to see the results of Saban's coaching.

Regardless of what any recruit does, we'll be fine. I literally stopped worrying about recruiting after the 2008 Class. In Saban I Trust.
I love reading all the analysis for the upcoming season and concern for the big-time recruits we may or may not get. But honestly, as long as Coach Saban is the head coach at Bama, I do not worry about any of it.

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005

I literally stopped worrying about recruiting after the 2008 Class. In Saban I Trust.
Then why are you in the recruiting boards?

Everything Foster has done or said points to Bama. One quote probably taken out of context by an Auburn writer slightly leans the other way. I'd like to think all of the other stuff still has some meaning.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa

Then why are you in the recruiting boards?

Everything Foster has done or said points to Bama. One quote probably taken out of context by an Auburn writer slightly leans the other way. I'd like to think all of the other stuff still has some meaning.
I beleive that we'd like to have the kid, but the days of 1 kid making or breaking our recruiting classes are over as long as Saban is at the helm.

The only way the boogs land him is if they go back to their old standard operating procedure of P4P.

TrueGritnPluck

Suspended
Nov 21, 2011

Whatever.

This kinda stuff is why I only casually follow recruiting. The more interest there is, the more kids want to show out and play games. The comment of "a couple of people being mad" kinda chaps me as well - seems like the kid is reveling in it

TrueGritnPluck

Suspended
Nov 21, 2011

I beleive that we'd like to have the kid, but the days of 1 kid making or breaking our recruiting classes are over as long as Saban is at the helm.

The only way the boogs land him is if they go back to their old standard operating procedure of P4P.
They have never stopped, and anyone who thinks this kid playing in that county is not problematic is being naive

TrueGritnPluck

Suspended
Nov 21, 2011

Hmm, if I am a parent of any of these 3 kids (or any other for that matter), there is no way I sign off on my child going to thUGA--especially if they have offers from ANYWHERE else. I think Foster is smarter than we all think and will not travel that wrong path, regardless of where his friends go. He is playing the game and getting publicity. By the looks of this thread, his game plan is working!
Sadly, I think the discipline problems at UGA are not the deterrent to many kids we think they should be

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa

They have never stopped, and anyone who thinks this kid playing in that county is not problematic is being naive
I sort of figured they would lay low after the whole Scam scandal. I have no 1st hand knowledge one way or the other, but it certainly would not surprise me. I thought the NCAA would have told them to quit their P4P ways or else. Apparently the boogs think they are bullet proof now.

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL

This kinda stuff is why I only casually follow recruiting. The more interest there is, the more kids want to show out and play games. The comment of "a couple of people being mad" kinda chaps me as well - seems like the kid is reveling in it
Same for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.