LB Reuben Foster Decommits from Auburn

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
Re: *** 2013 LB Reuben Foster Commits to Bama ***

Trooper Taylor's son plays football there? He was done once he transferred. Why wouldn't he transfer too Hoover? Or Prattville?

1.) I'm hoping maybe (if) he decommits to relieve the pressures of being an Alabama Commit IN Auburn, and wait till after the season is done, and recruiting season fires up again and decides to recommit to Bama.

2.) He simply says I'm done with recruiting, Alabama is my school.

Usually the HS coach helps out the kid by filtering mail, calls, meetings, etc. And when a kid commits, it becomes the HS coaches responsibilty so to speak to protect that commitment. It's how you build relationships with other coaches. But being that this IS Auburn, IN Auburn, with mini trooper on the team? This ones a lost cause I believe.

Somebody tell me it'll be alright, this feels like Trent going to Florida, or Julio going to OU, etc.
The fact that he notified AU flunkies, I mean, beat writers tells you all you need to know. Let him go and bless him on his way. We'll win without him, and he can hope he makes the league with a 7-5 record every year. Uncle Rico ain't hanging around that long.

brutetough

1st Team
Dec 11, 2010

I always believed RF is a good kid. I just hate to see him being mixed up with the trouble kids in the barn.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
The talk of him playing with Matthews usually pointed towards AU instead of Bama or UGA. Looks like that will be the case.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama

starting to hear a bit more about this through the grape vine...Let him go. and hope that sooner or later Auburn gets burned.

No coincidence that it's coming out today with the grand jury testimony citing DeAngelo Benton as instigator of the melee down there and the Freeh Report virtually assuring that the NCAA will look the other way.

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL

Every year I hope someone hires Troopa.......anyone. I have no idea about his coaching, but he and his son seem to have won this battle.:mad2:

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

Every year I hope someone hires Troopa.......anyone. I have no idea about his coaching, but he and his son seem to have won this battle.:mad2:
Who wants that thug around their program?

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008

One thing is for sure.. whatever they are selling over there, it seems to be working to get talented kids to sign. Sure they are having some issues keeping them on the field but they have continued to get top kids these last few years.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
starting to hear a bit more about this through the grape vine...Let him go. and hope that sooner or later Auburn gets burned.

No coincidence that it's coming out today with the grand jury testimony citing DeAngelo Benton as instigator of the melee down there and the Freeh Report virtually assuring that the NCAA will look the other way.
Not doubting first paragraph.

Give some more info about second one.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

One thing is for sure.. whatever they are selling over there, it seems to be working to get talented kids to sign. Sure they are having some issues keeping them on the field but they have continued to get top kids these last few years.
" Fambly" ???

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

Let's not kid ourselves. The reason the NCAA found nothing is because the "books" are kept off-campus at the Dye Farm. :cool2:

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame

Guys - whatever happens today means nothing. As we saw with Calloway, CyKo, and even Yeldon - a commitment to the barn means nothing at this point. They are good salesmen down there, but there's a long time before signing day. They still have to close the deal. You can only imagine the pressure he under there. Let's just let it play and not bash the kid unless he actually signs a barn L0I!

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Crazy stuff, really, and it's all coming out of the blue. After being committed for months he hastily schedules a press conference in mid-July? Very strange.

Sounds like he will flip to Auburn, but we'll see how it turns out. Assuming there are no serious off-field shenanigans going on here (and I know of none), we'll keep recruiting Foster, just as other programs have when he committed to us.

Long way to National Signing Day, folks, and as long as we keep up our pursuit, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see him flip back. Even if he ends up committing to Auburn now, it's nowhere we haven't been before with Calloway, Kouandjio, Atchison, Yeldon, et al.

No use fretting, just wait and see how it plays out, especially with a kid who looks like he is having a lot of fun playing the recruiting game.

BigBama

All-SEC
Oct 13, 1999

The Barn has certainly been able to temporarily sell themselves to our recruits with success but havent been able to seal the deal on signing day. If he commits and signs with the Barn then so be it. Would love to have him but the train keeps chugging along with or without him. He'd be a great addition no doubt.

nightscreamer

Aug 12, 2011

Anyone know the two guys he traveled to the Opening with? A father and college age son from opelika from my understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.