Page 31 of 94 FirstFirst ... 212425262728293031323334353637384181 ... LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Bodhisattva's Avatar
    My Mood
    Bookworm on TideFans.com

Re: *** 2013 LB Reuben Foster Commits to Bama ***

On ITAT they actually think RF's transfer is an REC conspiracy. They believe RF is solid to Bama, and this now gives Bama the #1 recruit in the state. Also, it will allow Bama to claim they took a five-star out of the barn's backyard. The tighter barner tin foil hats become, the more devious the REC is.
    Bodhi

Lily (age 6): Daddy, I know what I want to be when I grow up: an artist.
    Bodhi (internally groaning): Yeah? What kind of artist?
    Lily: A balloon animal artist!
    Bodhi (face palm)

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame

I just hope wherever RF goes that he can play football this fall. Nothing like taking a year off and then trying to elevate to the college game. Hopefully RF and RN stay at the top of the rankings and we can pull in the top 2 recruits in the nation. RTR!!

BamaNation Hall of Fame CapstoneGrad06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    On ITAT they actually think RF's transfer is an REC conspiracy. They believe RF is solid to Bama, and this now gives Bama the #1 recruit in the state. Also, it will allow Bama to claim they took a five-star out of the barn's backyard. The tighter barner tin foil hats become, the more devious the REC is.
    The Bunker sees it differently. They've invented a conspiracy where Reuben was slated to attend Opelika, but decided on Auburn instead. Now the REC is threatening not getting his mom a job. Wow. Where do people get this stuff?
    "Each play has a history and a life of its own. How is that play going to be remembered? If you're focusing on that play and what you have to do that single play, usually you'll do pretty good on it." - Coach Nick Saban

BamaNation All-American TIDEnGA's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by CapstoneGrad06 View Post
    Lee County has a pretty large percentage of Alabama alumni/fans. So, Reuben won't be without daily reminders of Alabama football.
    This is correct, but I'm not so sure how many of those are in Auburn. I'm shocked every time I go home for Thanksgiving. I promise Tiger Town was pretty much 40/60 on game day the past two Iron Bowls at Auburn. Just shocks me. Had that been Tuscaloosa I'd be mad seeing that much orange and blue. I don't even know that I saw that much during the Tubberville 6 in a row run.

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TIDEnGA View Post
    This is correct, but I'm not so sure how many of those are in Auburn. I'm shocked every time I go home for Thanksgiving. I promise Tiger Town was pretty much 40/60 on game day the past two Iron Bowls at Auburn. Just shocks me. Had that been Tuscaloosa I'd be mad seeing that much orange and blue. I don't even know that I saw that much during the Tubberville 6 in a row run.
    when i'm in TTown i rarely see Aubie stuff but Bama stuff is everywhere here. when you enter the lockeroom at the gym i workout at you see a huge Bama throw towel on the wall with some mini bama footballs. This gym is 2 miles from campus

BamaNation All-American Tide Warrior's Avatar

This makes even more sense why he decided on AU HS and stay close to home. Something I did not know.

That doesn't mean Foster is forgetting about LaGrange. He still has a big reason to be close to LaGrange -- A'Ziya, his 3-year-old daughter.

"I have to be close to my little girl," Foster said. "She's everything to me."

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...ial2013ESPN150

FB | REC Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Tide Warrior View Post
    This makes even more sense why he decided on AU HS and stay close to home. Something I did not know.

That doesn't mean Foster is forgetting about LaGrange. He still has a big reason to be close to LaGrange -- A'Ziya, his 3-year-old daughter.

"I have to be close to my little girl," Foster said. "She's everything to me."

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...ial2013ESPN150
    That doesn't really help us with respect to battling Auburn because LaGrange is far closer to the Plains than T'town, but it is what it is.

Of course, if he's really looking to make serious money by getting to the next level ASAP, he's not giving the cow pasture a second look.

FWIW and maybe just a rumor but I have seen it on some other UA boards. Again a rumor at this point but apparantly his mother has gotten a job at AU. I guess she needed one to get them set up in the district to RF in school. If so it may be a blessing because being the #2 player in the country and transfer to a new HS has to have the NCAA watching all over this. I guess I can find solace that AU also got L Fanning's mother a job as well if I recall correctly.

FB | REC Moderator

FWIW and maybe just a rumor but I have seen it on some other UA boards. Again a rumor at this point but apparantly his mother has gotten a job at AU. I guess she needed one to get them set up in the district to RF in school. If so it may be a blessing because being the #2 player in the country and transfer to a new HS has to have the NCAA watching all over this. I guess I can find solace that AU also got L Fanning's mother a job as well if I recall correctly.
    I don't know anything specific about what is happening with his mother, but this type of thing really doesn't have anywhere near the meaning that a lot of people assign to it.

In college towns, the university itself is far and away the biggest employer in the area, hiring for positions ranging all the way from scientists to secretaries to janitors and everything in between. As such, it's really not surprising that a parent of a kid moving there would get a job with the university. I don't see it as something that should create suspicion or give any real cause for concern.

Is the job Auburn University specific? I mean could the job be for Auburn high school, the city of Auburn? High schools recruit ball players too especially the ones with close borders to other states. North Jackson comes to mind here in my neck of the woods.

News|BB|FB|Rec Moderator runtheoption22's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by BigEasyTider View Post
    That doesn't really help us with respect to battling Auburn because LaGrange is far closer to the Plains than T'town, but it is what it is.

Of course, if he's really looking to make serious money by getting to the next level ASAP, he's not giving the cow pasture a second look.
    Yep, just ask Mr. Richardson in a couple weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by MOAN View Post
    Is the job Auburn University specific? I mean could the job be for Auburn high school, the city of Auburn? High schools recruit ball players too especially the ones with close borders to other states. North Jackson comes to mind here in my neck of the woods.
    My understanding she is working at the Univ., but as BET said I agree because I assume they are the biggest employer in the town and there are always jobs at a university.

Fact is her son wanted to transfer HS but stay close to his daughter. From my understanding of AL HS FB rules basically his mom had to move for it to happen so it was legit and not living with some random person so he could play football. Also he wanted to go to a HS where he could graduate in Dec and be an EE at UA in Jan. Everything so far adds up and allows him to reach these goals. Now yes I understand AU fans will read this how they wany and I am sure we will different spins throughout the year but I really nothing to worry about at this point.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Aubs at work were talking about Reuben's transfer. They couldn't give his name, but they were sure to mention he was in their back yard, which meant getting in his ear and possibly flipping him.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!