LB Reuben Foster Decommits from Auburn

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
Re: *** 2013 LB Reuben Foster Commits to Bama ***

Crazy stuff, really, and it's all coming out of the blue. After being committed for months he hastily schedules a press conference in mid-July? Very strange.

Sounds like he will flip to Auburn, but we'll see how it turns out. Assuming there are no serious off-field shenanigans going on here (and I know of none), we'll keep recruiting Foster, just as other programs have when he committed to us.

Long way to National Signing Day, folks, and as long as we keep up our pursuit, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see him flip back. Even if he ends up committing to Auburn now, it's nowhere we haven't been before with Calloway, Kouandjio, Atchison, Yeldon, et al.

No use fretting, just wait and see how it plays out, especially with a kid who looks like he is having a lot of fun playing the recruiting game.
This and if anyone thinks he is solid to anywhere is kidding themselves. He could say in two weeks that he is going to still play with ...... and he is 100 % to auburn yada yada yada and sign with .... so this will be another roller coaster ride. Also, from what I'm hearing auburn better win this year and be better than 42-14 against us or they won't keep around the staff they have now. It's also funny was watching a day in the life of foster yesterday and he said that no matter what he would be signing rt. they asked what does that mean Roll tide. We the public have made recruiting into this circus.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

Not saying it's not there. But if the NCAA/FBI couldn't find it, the reduced reporting ranks have little chance unless someone hands them the combination to the safe.
The safe is in Pat Dye's house, not on campus. :cool2:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

TJ Yeldon's announcement on committing to Bama:

Over the last few weeks, I’ve really put a lot of time and thought into where I want to go to school and continue my football career. I am blessed to be in a situation where I have several great opportunities and I appreciate everyone involved who has helped me get to this point.

I want to make an announcement so I can put this behind me and get to work on the things I need to do to prepare for college both athletically and academically. I am going to enroll at the University of Alabama in January. I have a lot of respect for Auburn, the coaches, and all of the people there, but at the end of the day I feel like the University of Alabama is the best situation and fit for me and my family. I am 100 percent confident with my final decision. I feel great about it and I’m excited to get started.”
Reuben Foster's announcement on committing to Auburn:

Over the last few weeks I've really put a lot of thought and time into where I will play football," Foster said at a press conference at his high school. "I want to make an announcement so I can put this behind me and get in all the work I need to do for high school and to get better for college both academically and athletically. I am going to enroll at Auburn University
I have a lot of respect for Alabama and the coaches and all of the other people and fans," Foster said. "At the end of the day, I feel Auburn University is the place for me and my family and I am 100 percent confident in my final decision. I feel great about my decision and I'm excited to get started

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL

If I'm an Auburn fan I'm sweating bullets.

You just convinced a kid to move from Georgia to Auburn High School where Trooper Taylor and his family take him under his wing. He goes from 100% committed to Alabama and saying "Roll Tide!" to his teammates just 5 days ago to setting up a press conference to let people know he's decommitting and going to his former teams archrival where he is now 100% committed? And didn't they get his mom a job at the school? And there's nothing fishy about this? Maybe there's nothing to it, but with AU it just always seems there's a strange chain of events that surround all of their big time recruits.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

You just convinced a kid to move from Georgia to Auburn High School where Trooper Taylor and his family take him under his wing. He goes from 100% committed to Alabama and saying "Roll Tide!" to his teammates just 5 days ago to setting up a press conference to let people know he's decommitting and going to his former teams archrival where he is now 100% committed? And didn't they get his mom a job at the school? And there's nothing fishy about this? Maybe there's nothing to it, but with AU it just always seems there's a strange chain of events that surround all of their big time recruits.
From the time he announced he was transferring to AHS, things seemed fishy.

Oxford High School was his initial desired school.

Then, he transfers to AHS to be close to his daughter and family (La Grange isn't far from Auburn).

Then, internet rumors begin to swirl towards the possibility that AHS illegally recruited him by suggesting they would hire his former coach.

Troop's son is starting QB at AHS, which makes the odds of him flipping go up.

I didn't feel comfortable when he transferred. Like others have said, it's a long way to NSD, so he could flip to Bama, UGA or somewhere else.

If I was an Auburn fan, I'd sweat bullets because of the questions around his transfer PLUS the continued talk of him and Trey Matthews and Kamara. Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if Chizik offered the Nkemdiche package to Reuben.

Also, Chappy's Deli in Auburn is offering BOGO on Reuben sandwiches tonight to celebrate the commitment. Go get a couple if you're in the area! :rolleyes:

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

After Cam Newton, why would any Auburn fan sweat bullets?

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

After Cam Newton, why would any Auburn fan sweat bullets?
Exactly!

After several tries, Pat Dye has the PERFECT system for his business and the NCAA can’t do a thing about it! :cool2:

RTRforever14

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 29, 2012

It is Looper's son who is the QB... He has been offered by some schools and is a good athlete... Look for Cameron to commit to Auburn... Now Troopers son is a D-back and is only a Junior and is not nearly as highly recruited.. BOTH of them were at the announcement today.

AlexD

1st Team
Jun 19, 2009

What I don't understand is why we go through this every year now with one of our top recruits commit to us switch to them and then on signing day switch back to us.

Last edited:

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville

I don't know. After watching the video that was just published on him, I don't think I'll miss this one too much. My money is on him pulling a Crowell and be gone by his sophmore year. He already seems to own that sense of entitlement and that usually gets you into trouble sooner or later. I hope he has a great career and I'd still like for him to come to Bama. But if he doesn't, I don't think we'll miss him. He has lots of talent without much discipline and character. He'll probably gain some weight and end up playing DE or something in a few years if he is still even enrolled in school.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

I don't know. After watching the video that was just published on him, I don't think I'll miss this one too much. My money is on him pulling a Crowell and be gone by his sophmore year. He already seems to own that sense of entitlement and that usually gets you into trouble sooner or later. I hope he has a great career and I'd still like for him to come to Bama. But if he doesn't, I don't think we'll miss him. He has lots of talent without much discipline and character. He'll probably gain some weight and end up playing DE or something in a few years if he is still even enrolled in school.

And we know this how? Funny how his character and suitability as a recruit never came up when he was committed to us.

Given how the Cyrus, Calloway and Yelden sagas ended, what you say we all choose our words with care?

T Town Tank

1st Team
Sep 26, 2000
Northport, AL USA
And we know this how? Funny how his character and suitability as a recruit never came up when he was committed to us.

Given how the Cyrus, Calloway and Yelden sagas ended, what you say we all choose our words with care?
I totally agree with you. Just because a kid decides to go to school somewhere doesn't mean he lacks character. Do I think Trooper is a dirty recruiter and will eventually get caught, YES.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa

We'll be fine with or without him either way.

I always suspected it was a problem when he went to Auburn High school. There are forces at work that can't possibly be proven by a toothless corrupt organization. Bulletproof boogs.

Boo Radley

All-SEC
Dec 13, 2003
Domus Dulcis Alabamus

I was more chapped when I learned that he was transferring to the barn high school than I am about his actual "flipping," since I've had plenty of time to prepare for the probability that it would happen. I'll say that I was feeling better about Foster after reading the interviews and watching the videos of him from last week, but I'm not at all surprised with the announcement.

Trooper and Luper have unlimited face-to-face access with Foster because of their kids, and that is a pretty difficult advantage to overcome, even for Saban. I have to give the barn props though, for a pretty ingenious way to "legally" skirt the NCAA contact rules. I expect them to take full advantage of the situation and use Foster as a conduit to make contact with other recruits that would otherwise be impermissible. Problem is that this is a one year deal for a long time without too much scrutiny, and the name of the game in recruting is sustainability.

RF will probably continue to flirt with other schools, including Bama, but I believe he'll be wearing barn colors on signing day. Too bad.

Last edited:

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA

From the outside looking in: This guy wants (craves) attention. When he decided to transfer to HS in Auburn, this was very plain to see. "Hey, look at me!" If he objects to my thinking this, then he should say what he means instead of being wishy-washy. I have no idea if he is serious or still craving attention -- and I don't really care anymore, I've had enough of him already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.