LB Reuben Foster Decommits from Auburn

Status
Not open for further replies.

brutetough

1st Team
Dec 11, 2010
Re: *** 2013 LB Reuben Foster Commits to Bama ***

Pressure from all around can easily bend a person. Fans and coaches treat him like a king, while pressure all around his family pushing him to switch over. I just hope he can realize soon enough that he's discounting his future for something that's so short term and may not materialize.

imaloyalone

Super Moderator
Jan 9, 2005
Northport, AL
Re: *** 2013 LB Reuben Foster Commits to Bama ***

Anyone remember the decommitment of Keenan Allen a few years ago? Many lamented that switch... some to the point of second-guessing Saban for not being willing to accept another player to get him to come to the Capstone. Funny thing... despite the fact that he caught 98 balls for 1,342 yards for Cal last year, we still won the national championship with the likes of DeAndrew White and Jalston Fowler contributing on offense (same recruiting class). If there's anything we should have learned by now about Saban and recruiting, it's the fact that we don't have to get every top recruit... the next guy on Saban's list is often as talented or just a notch below the one that's going another direction. Foster is a player... but whether he commits to us or not, he will not break this class nor present any problems that can't be overcome.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
I've been saying the same thing, they're young every year and it's still Tuberville's fault. The early PT line really doesn't make sense either when you consider that a freshman LB has seen playing time every year that Saban has been coaching Bama. Ro, Hightower, Upshaw, Nico, Mosley and DePriest all either started or saw significant playing time in year one. If you're good enough, you will play, that has been proven.
As long as almost one out of every two players they sign leaves the program, they can use the excuse forever.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
Re: 2013 LB Reuben Foster flips to Barn

Devall from this past signing class will make us forget about RF. And I still won't be shocked if he changes again

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com

I believe this thread now has more views than any besides the cam scam thread and the bama hats thread. congratulations. Hope the kid at least walks across their campus one time so they can give him a degree ;)

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

I believe this thread now has more views than any besides the cam scam thread and the bama hats thread. congratulations. Hope the kid at least walks across their campus one time so they can give him a degree ;)
The details of this one have been particularly nasty and venal, even for cow college...

Dallas4Bama

Suspended
Sep 27, 2006
Dallas, Texas

The University of Alabama continually puts defensive players in the NFL. NFL coaches consistently say CNS prepares players for the NFL better than any other coach out there. That's all I have to say. Good luck sir.

Last edited:

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa

We will win with him, and we will win without him. He needs to go where ever he feels the most comfortable and let the chips fall where they may. Good luck to him wherever he signs.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa

Devall from this past signing class will make us forget about RF. And I still won't be shocked if he changes again
guys read this post especially the last sentence. He will change yet again. It's going to be a circus, if we want him we will have to deal with the circus. Also this smells worst than lee county ,in the sense anyone remember that commitment statement. Where have we seen it before from T.J. Yeldon when he came to alabama. And No, this wasn't fosters idea to read that. I would bet my house that he switches again before or on signing day. Auburn just ....ed off the most powerful man in the state of Alabama.

Last edited:

Lost in TN

1st Team
Sep 20, 2009
Collierville, TN

guys read this post especially the last sentence. He will change yet again. It's going to be a circus, if we want him we will have to deal with the circus. Also this smells worst than lee county ,in the sense anyone remember that commitment statement. Where have we seen it before from T.J. Yeldon when he came to alabama. And No, this wasn't fosters idea to read that. I would bet my house that he switches again before or on signing day. Auburn just ....ed off the most powerful man in the state of Alabama.

Do you think Coach Saban will call off the dogs this year when we are up 42-14. My guess is that he will not stop until we are up 60.

crmsntd91

1st Team
Sep 30, 2010

CNS won't, because he has more class than just about all of us on this board combined. We could have beaten Auburn by 60 last year if we had wanted to.

If RF was a QB, DL, or OL I would fret over this, but we produce linebackers like Florida produces oranges, so who really cares? This kid regardless of what you people say is a incredibly immature. If you are going to decommit and commit to Auburn over the summer, who the heck calls a presser? Why not just tell both coaches and that be that?

Trey Depriest, Reggie Ragland, Devall will all make us in a few years laugh at this situation. Well I say a few years, most likely this year.

Do you think Coach Saban will call off the dogs this year when we are up 42-14. My guess is that he will not stop until we are up 60.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu

I'm not really surprised. Guess he's afraid of competition at the LB position.

Otherwise, this decision (P4P notwithstanding) makes zero sense...

But hey, I'm an Alabama fan, so I'm definitely biased here!

Good luck to ya, Reuben.

bharsa

BamaNation Citizen
Jul 21, 2009

after spending a year in Auburn, Al he will see how terrible life can be, and he will realize Tuscaloosa is a much better place and Bama is a much better team. He will chunk the deuce to "West Georgia University" and head back to the Tide on NSD. :cool2:

willie52

All-American
Jan 25, 2008
Arab, AL

I'm not going to bash the young man for switching, it's just they way he did it. Whether his idea or the flunkies called coaches, it lacks of class that Bama is always accused of not having. This type of thing from recruits is really getting old, I just as soon have them stay away, we will be fine without them. Of course if he switches back, I'd be okay with it but I still have my homer outlook.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
The details of this one have been particularly nasty and venal, even for cow college...
Exactly! Reuben's announcement was TJ Yeldon's announcement of his switch word for word except changing the school names. That certainly wasn't his doing seeing as how he has no prior allegiance to either school before recruiting. That was definitely the doing of someone associated closely with AU's program who felt butt hurt by Yeldon's switch

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

I can't wait for Scarbo to write a big article blasting him for not keeping his word and for him to say he doesn't deserve a signing ceremony at his school and how terrible Chizik is for recruiting someone after he has committed.

Or should I not hold my breath?

Tidetwin

All-American
May 15, 2006
Northeast Georgia

Exactly! Reuben's announcement was TJ Yeldon's announcement of his switch word for word except changing the school names. That certainly wasn't his doing seeing as how he has no prior allegiance to either school before recruiting. That was definitely the doing of someone associated closely with AU's program who felt butt hurt by Yeldon's switch
Auburn . . . Classy as always.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.