LB Reuben Foster Decommits from Auburn

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideRush

Scout Team
Jan 4, 2011
Re: *** 2013 LB Reuben Foster Commits to Bama ***

This kid is a BEAST. He could play today. Another punisher, great skills. Staff is doing fantastic job landing the greats. He reminds me alot of Ro. RTR!!!

Capt. Jack

Suspended
Jun 20, 2006

I've seen Reuben listed at 6'-1", 228 lbs going into his junior year of high school. You would think he'll probably grow another inch or two and add a little more muscle before he graduates. I'm guessing he'll wind up as a prospect at middle linebacker. If so, that'll make three years in a row we've signed the #1 MLB in the nation (e.g., Trey DePriest, Reggie Ragland). Our defense, particularly the back 7-8, is going to be fun to watch over the next few years.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Unreal player. Will be a star unless injuries or off-field stupidity get in the way.

Only concern... can we hang onto him through NSD 2013? You have to like our chances, but it won't be easy. Coaches just don't punt on kids this good, they fight to their dying breath 'til the ink dries on the dotted line. We'll have to keep on recruiting this kid the next 18 months. Lord knows everyone else will.

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian

I also believe Nkemdiche is going to be the number one prospect b/c there are plenty of talented LBs every class but to have a dominate DL like RN is rare. Still Foster is amazing and I hope we get both of them
Nkemdiche. I shudder to think what Verne L. is going to do to his name...

mulletover

All-SEC
Dec 1, 2009
Cullman Alabama

Unreal player. Will be a star unless injuries or off-field stupidity get in the way.

Only concern... can we hang onto him through NSD 2013? You have to like our chances, but it won't be easy. Coaches just don't punt on kids this good, they fight to their dying breath 'til the ink dries on the dotted line. We'll have to keep on recruiting this kid the next 18 months. Lord knows everyone else will.
\

My thoughts exactly. NSD 2013 is a long ways away. NCAAFB needs an early signing period. Now days kids are making up their minds so early it would benefit them and the coaches to go ahead and make it official. This would greatly help the coaches manage their time. They wouldn't have to continuously recruit a player like Rueben Foster for the next year and a half. JMO

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009

I really hope we can hang on to this young man. My favorite highlight video ever! Welcome to the Tide Mr. Foster.

CrimsonBleedRed

All-American
Nov 24, 2007
United States

Then it's a good thing we got a fighter of a coach on our side. I feel good about keeping Foster with Saban still as coach.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

After he committed he was quoted as saying his parents loved Coach Saban and they wanted him to play for a man like Coach Saban. I am paraphrasing but it was something similar. I agree we have to keep recruiting him but I don't think he changes his committment.

TheTradition

All-SEC
Nov 6, 2010
Alabaster, AL

According to TI, Foster already has his jersey number picked out. He's gonna be #25 because he wants to be like Rolando.

Crimson Surfer

News|BB|FB|REC, Super Moderator
Jul 14, 2001
Henderson, NV

I know that Bama has had a few commits in the past that publically said they were firm in their commitment only to decommit/switch their commitment a short time later.

Foster says he is firm and as solid as he can be. I believe him and am not worried at all about UGA, the barn or any other programs stealing him away prior to NSD.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Yes, and Nkemdiche will probably be the #1 recruit in the country, but Foster could give him a run for his money.
That's what I was thinking. How about Bama just gets the top 20 players in the country for 2013 and call it a class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.