LB Reuben Foster Decommits from Auburn

Status
Not open for further replies.

swans

BamaNation Citizen
Feb 25, 2011
Mobile, AL
Re: *** 2013 LB Reuben Foster Commits to Bama ***

This guy looks to be the real deal, and he seems to know who will get him where he wants to go in life.

TAKEPRIDE22

2nd Team
Jul 21, 2011
Birmingham, AL

Foster...all I can say is wow...I haven't seen a 10th grader with that kind of aggression...Can't wait for him to lay the smack down.

thatguy09

BamaNation Citizen
Jul 16, 2011

Hey guys I was sitting with him at dinner on sunday night on the 17th at camp. I knew who he was but I was playing dumb. I asked him where he was from of course he said GA. I calling him UGA for fun picking with him. He said "Hell no. I am all Bama." Everytime I saw he at camp which was a good bit, he would tell me Roll Tide! He was in the locker room when I saw him one time and told me this is my other home. So I will say he is very solid!!!

TheTradition

All-SEC
Nov 6, 2010
Alabaster, AL

Hey guys I was sitting with him at dinner on sunday night on the 17th at camp. I knew who he was but I was playing dumb. I asked him where he was from of course he said GA. I calling him UGA for fun picking with him. He said "Hell no. I am all Bama." Everytime I saw he at camp which was a good bit, he would tell me Roll Tide! He was in the locker room when I saw him one time and told me this is my other home. So I will say he is very solid!!!
Thanks for sharing! You've been most helpful with your info from the camp.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture

got a chance to see Foster last week and my god. knocked a couple of players out of the game and one had to be carted off the field. If he can get a grip on things mentally in our defensive scheme he is going to be scary

Crimson Surfer

News|BB|FB|REC, Super Moderator
Jul 14, 2001
Henderson, NV

got a chance to see Foster last week and my god. knocked a couple of players out of the game and one had to be carted off the field. If he can get a grip on things mentally in our defensive scheme he is going to be scary
Foster is most likely going to play MLB at Bama. I doubt he will have much trouble picking-up the defensive schemes and calling the defense. I am looking for him to come in and in short order be another Rolando McClain type leader of the defense.

Here is an ESPN article from earlier this Spring, prior to Foster's commitment to Alabama. It has some good info.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/news/story?id=6583833
"It's scary," Flowers said. "To think he's already that big and plays the way he does. What people don't realize is how fast he is and how fast he plays. He runs like a safety and hits like a truck. And Reuben has great instincts."

Even his teammates realize they're in the presence of something special.

"Reuben is something," said teammate Maurice Swain, a 2013 defensive tackle prospect. "I mean he's like an animal out there. I just can't believe some of the plays he makes. It's everywhere on the field."

But for all the accolades, Foster is far from a complete linebacker. If anything, he sometime gets too aggressive out there because he's always trying to bury the ball carrier.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZwyCUH_1sA

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009

Just watched that video again. It will be hard to unseat this one as my favorite of all time. This guy does not lose contact with the ball carrier once he gets there, gets there quick, stays off blocks, form tackles. takes good angles, is big strong and fast. I do not think I have been this excited about a linebacker commit since Derrick Thomas.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL

Wow, he attacks the ball carrier like they just slapped his mama. He plays with a mean streak and I like it. Exactly what you look for in a LB. Can't wait to see this kid in a few years. Too bad he's not class of '12.

BigBama

All-SEC
Oct 13, 1999

Is that youtube vid sped up at all? Im sure he has speed but in some of the clips some of the oline and dline look really fast for high school players. I would be delighted for everyone say I am crazy.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa

Jenkins from GA 2012 said today that if he could play with any player on his team who would it be and he said rueben

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham

This guy will play and maybe start from game 1.
When he learns to play with controlled aggression, he will start. I don't see our coaching staff playing a guy who just flies around without any idea of technique and assignment. Granted he's very impressive, but he wouldn't be the first guy on the team to have film of him destroying people only to rarely see the field...(paging JH, paging JH).

gumptider

1st Team
Sep 24, 2008

When he learns to play with controlled aggression, he will start. I don't see our coaching staff playing a guy who just flies around without any idea of technique and assignment. Granted he's very impressive, but he wouldn't be the first guy on the team to have film of him destroying people only to rarely see the field...(paging JH, paging JH).
I am a huge fan of sobering comments. Sometimes it is easy to lose track of reality on this board. Sure these guys are good, but experience is littered with players for whom expectations were way too high. That's why we need to sign a bunch of studs and hedge our bets.

russtang

All-American
Apr 11, 2007
Central Alabama
www.uniquetitanium.com

I am a huge fan of sobering comments. Sometimes it is easy to lose track of reality on this board. Sure these guys are good, but experience is littered with players for whom expectations were way too high. That's why we need to sign a bunch of studs and hedge our bets.
I agree with what you're saying, but I haven't made any lofty expectations or predictions or comparisons.

Remember, he is just now starting his 11th grade season.

He has two years to grow and learn and get better.

I still say he will play his first game. Maybe start.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham

I agree with what you're saying, but I haven't made any lofty expectations or predictions or comparisons.

Remember, he is just now starting his 11th grade season.

He has two years to grow and learn and get better.

I still say he will play his first game. Maybe start.
I have no doubt he will absolutely destroy someone his first game in Tuscaloosa....on the opening kickoff. I realize he's only a sophomore with two years to improve, and I didn't watch the whole highlight reel, but were there any highlights of him covering someone? This guy moves in traffic like noone's business, but if he can't navigate the open field with a TE or a RB he's just an athlete, not a linebacker.

buzzincuzzin

All-American
Jan 8, 2006

Looking forward to someone asking "where's the water-cooler and bathroom?" while making Depriest AND Mosley take a back seat at the same time. Alabama fans never expect too much.

hddd

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 5, 2011

I heard he was visiting auburn again this week should wr worry about him visiting twice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.