LB Reuben Foster Decommits from Auburn

Status
Not open for further replies.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
Re: 2013 LB Reuben Foster Flips, Commits to Auburn

He is a great talent...everyone makes mistakes. In Saban I trust.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

I think we take him because we show awburn we can-like calloway,Yeldon.
Not a good reason to waste a schollie.......

They would do it and for that matter they have by offering schollies to players that don't even fit their system just because they have a high rating. :cool:

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009

I would take him back in a heartbeat. Never ever let your personal feelings mix with business. The kid is a great talent, but he is still a kid. If he sticks with auburn, then so be it, but I would love to have him back in the fold...
This +

Don't get me wrong, I understand the hesitancy with someone who changed his mind. But this is the way it is now. You don't stop recruiting the best players even if they have been branded (er um inked) by another program unless there is no chance. Our coaching staff may have made the determination that may be the case here, but I doubt it given the problems at Auburn. This young man has as much talent as anyone out there. There are no sure things, but you don't just pass on a player like him.

peariver

1st Team
Jan 31, 2009
SW Georgia

but you don't just pass on a player like him.
I agree with everything you said up until this part and I have no clue as to this individual as to what I am about to write. You do pass if the player's talents are overshadowed by his attitude and determination. I'm sure our staff has a good assessment in that department and I will be happy either way they go regarding this athletes recruitment.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

I agree with everything you said up until this part and I have no clue as to this individual as to what I am about to write. You do pass if the player's talents are overshadowed by his attitude and determination. I'm sure our staff has a good assessment in that department and I will be happy either way they go regarding this athletes recruitment.
I do think our coaches go through some form of an evaluation based on what you're talking about. The youtube video of Coach Saban speaking to a summer football camp group in 2011 is a good indication of it. In the video he tells the players that they will be coached the exact same way the college players are coached. They will be asked to do the same things the same way. He instructs the players that the coaches WILL EXPECT them to do everything they ask just like they tell them to do it. It maybe different than what they've been taught but he still expects them to do it just the way the Alabama coaches ask them to do it and do it with 100% effort. So being "coachable" seems to be a big deal with our staff and CNS. I'm sure this also goes into the evaluation process of a recruit.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

I'm in the dark on what is going on with Foster (just like about 99% of people out there), but just remember that everything he said when he decommitted from Bama and committed to the Barn was straight from the Barners coaches. He just said what he'd been told to say.

Now, has he started to really believe all of that garbage???

Is he worth taking back, if he wants to come back???

Can the tat be removed???:biggrin:

That's what our coaches/recruiters will determine, so like others have said, I'm fine with whatever happens.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL

Remember the movie Miracle? Herb Brooks, said "I'm not looking for the best players, I'm looking for the right ones."

Is Foster a great player? Certainly. Is he the right player for our team? That remains to be seen. I will trust CNS.

IBUY

1st Team
Jan 9, 2007

Unless it is CNS's mind that is changed, Reuben Foster no longer holds a BAMA offer.

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL

I'm sure this is somewhere in this epic thread, but what Alabama coach would/did recruit him?

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006

I honestly don't know...so I'm just asking: Has CNS said this OR are you speculating?
I think it's kinda been carefully worded by a few mods, but when CNS got wind of the switcharoo that the aubies and RF planned, CNS issued an "ultimatum" if you will. Look back at the language of Foster's announcement where he switched to the barn. It mirrors Yeldon's December announcement for us almost word for word. After a kid tries to pull a stunt like that, it may be speculation, but it would take a lot for CNS to want to mend fences.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006

I'm sure this is somewhere in this epic thread, but what Alabama coach would/did recruit him?
Rivals lists Kirby Smart as the recruiter. It lists Troopa as the barn's primary recruiter.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009

Agreed, and like Buzzard said, coach Saban's evaluation process works very well. When I said, "you just don't pass" I meant that in the sense that even if there are valid reasons to give pause, his talent level MAY BE high enough that it may be worth the chance. As addressed earlier he probably needs Alabama more than Alabama needs him, but I doubt seriously we will just brush off a serious reach from his side out to ours.

That said, there I have seen no evidence of any reach from either side, others may know more than me.

As for the tattoo and the specific language on the switch, I think Auburn was doing everything they could to make him prove it to a point that it would be hard for him to change his mind again. It happened too many times to them recently. However, the fact that they have lost so much and there is every reason to believe every coach will be gone may have neutralized anything that they have in the bank in that regard.

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN

As someone previously stated with less than fifth-hand knowledge, there's significant reason to believe he'll stay with AU and no reason for the speculation he will leave besides the fact that their program is turning into a catastrophe. While that is a strong reason not to go to a school, they can still offer a lot for him.

1. His mom is there (I won't go into the circumstances regarding that arrangement)
2. He is practically guaranteed to be a starter as a true frosh
3. With no need to compete for playing time, his raw skills will be noticed by scouts
4. Raw skills still often translate into high draft status, so he may get drafted high even without being coached properly
5. He has been embraced by the team since switching - regardless of who coaches, most of the players he feels close to will still be there
6. He can't really go anywhere else and save face at this point - the speech didn't lock him in, but the tattoo probably did

I really don't see him switching. Even if he wanted to, I can't imagine he'd be allowed to come here on scholarship - how would Saban trust that he wasn't going to pull the same stunt again?

JBAMMER334

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 23, 2012
Prattville, Al

There's a quote.over on woollyal.com from his teammate Evans saying Reuben may make the trip with him this weekend to Tuscaloosa

IBUY

1st Team
Jan 9, 2007

I think it's kinda been carefully worded by a few mods, but when CNS got wind of the switcharoo that the aubies and RF planned, CNS issued an "ultimatum" if you will. Look back at the language of Foster's announcement where he switched to the barn. It mirrors Yeldon's December announcement for us almost word for word. After a kid tries to pull a stunt like that, it may be speculation, but it would take a lot for CNS to want to mend fences.
Based on what I know about this situation, this ^^^^^^^

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

deliveryman35 said:
Any chance another kid with the initials 'RF' tucks tail and maybe shows up at a Bama game or two this season for an unofficial??
Kind of a belated response, obviously, but it's a possibility. I don't know I would give this whole report of him visiting for the MSU game much credence -- one writer says one teammate said he might visit? -- because that is far from written in stone. We'll just have to see whether or not he shows up. Even if he skips out against MSU and A&M, however, it wouldn't be a shock to see him back in town for the Iron Bowl.

If he does show up this weekend, though, that would be very interesting. Auburn is playing a big home game against Texas A&M in which their coaching staff is literally coaching for their coaching lives, and he shows up in Tuscaloosa? That would be definitely some food for thought, but again we haven't gotten there just yet.

In any event, there are a lot of rumors out there now with Foster, and frankly that is the status quo for him. His recruitment has been an outright circus for months now, and there is no real reason to expect that will change with Signing Day nearing and the Auburn implosion continuing. He has taken at least one unofficial visit in recent weeks to another school, and official visits are planned, even though he is keeping up the Auburn family mantra.

For our purposes, would we reconsider? Hard to say right now. We are looking to add another linebacker in the class, but unless something changed in the past week, our coaching staff has not been in touch with Foster for months now. I'm not going to say it is impossible, but a lot of relationships would have to be repaired first.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Per his Twitter -- assuming it's legit -- Foster was in Auburn this weekend watching AU get knocked around by A&M. Apparently left after the first quarter, though.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

Hmm....Sounds like the train has indeed left the station with Mr. Foster. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up following the Taylors or the Lupers at the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.