LB Reuben Foster Decommits from Auburn

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeattleBama

All-SEC
Aug 6, 2008
Re: *** 2013 LB Reuben Foster Commits to Bama ***

al.com | Auburn 5-star commit Reuben Foster says coaching change 'would make me want to look around'

In other words, he's probably signing with Georgia.

To my knowledge, our coaching staff has still not had any contact with him since his flip. He's clearly very much open at this point, and we are looking to add another LB, but it doesn't look like our staff wants to touch this kid with a ten foot pole. Suits me just fine.
Goes without saying, but I will say it anyway. The mimickry of Yeldon's acceptance speech and the Barn tattoo absolutely burned any bridge he had with Bama. Absolutely no way he will be accepted back. Not a chance in Hades. No way. Nada. He drove a knife in Bama's back, then states that he is "All In" and wants to be a part of the "family" at the Barn. Now he may be ready to shank the Barn as well. Hypocrisy and flat-out lying at it's best. I don't care if the kid is 15, 19, or 30. Has nothing to do with the best fit for him. It is all about the money. "ALL IN" and "FAMILY" will soon be put to a tremendous test. I predict that the BARN'S NEW MOTTOS will be "ALL OUT" and "BROKEN HOME". I can't wait to see it happen.

One more thing...if you are reading this post Foster, remember this: Wherever you go, you will always get the best from BAMA, and you will never finish on top. Never. Yes, I did see a picture of you laughing it up during Bama's loss to TAMU. You joined all of the other AUBURN SWAMP RATS that scurried out of the sewer to revel in TAMUs victory. I personally do not welcome you back, ever, unless we are forced to play you, and you will not win.

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL

Yes, I did see a picture of you laughing it up during Bama's loss to TAMU. You joined all of the other AUBURN SWAMP RATS that scurried out of the sewer to revel in TAMUs victory. I personally do not welcome you back, ever, unless we are forced to play you, and you will not win.
Wow, I hadn't heard of this. I don't care to see it! What a jerk.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

The mimickry of Yeldon's acceptance speech and the Barn tattoo absolutely burned any bridge he had with Bama.
I can assure you that, while it may have riled the fan base, the coaching staff could not care less about either of those things, and that is not why we continue to not recruit him.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

Mr. Foster is apparently making goo-goo eyes at Georgia. The solution to that oil spill of orange and blue on his arm? Long sleeves, says the AJC.

SeattleBama

All-SEC
Aug 6, 2008

I can assure you that, while it may have riled the fan base, the coaching staff could not care less about either of those things, and that is not why we continue to not recruit him.
I agree with you to an extent, but I think the coaching staff realizes that those 2 actions by this kid (granted, still a kid) tell them all they need to know about where his TRUE allegiance rests (money and lies). Was the kid coerced into the speech by Troopah? Eh, possibly. Was it peer pressure with the tattoo?? Somewhat. But the facts are that he still did what he did. He burnished his new relationship with the barn by going on record with slap you in the face verbal retribution, and by permanently branding himself with a barn insignia. As Yoda would say "Common folk they are not...smart are the coaches". This is beyond a Callaway and a Cyrus.

In my opinion of course.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Latest rumblings on Foster is that he has been reaching out to Texas A&M. That has been percolating in the rumor mill for a while now, but I tend to think it's starting to reach the point of legitimacy.

Don't forget, Luper's son, who is his close friend and high school teammate, is an A&M commit.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Latest rumblings on Foster is that he has been reaching out to Texas A&M. That has been percolating in the rumor mill for a while now, but I tend to think it's starting to reach the point of legitimacy.

Don't forget, Luper's son, who is his close friend and high school teammate, is an A&M commit.
And there was talk a few weeks ago that Sumlin promised Luper a job at A&M.

Does anyone know if Foster played RB when he was in GA? I've seen numerous highlights on WSFA with him playing RB.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al

From what I've heard, we have completely moved on... Unlike some prospects, where recruitment continues, I believe this one sailed long ago.. I don't think we're missing anything

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa

Everyone that is saying negative things needs to hold off and let saban do his thing. Calloway switched on national tv a few years ago and people went Ape Poo on him only to eat their words later

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

I hope he never wears crimson.
I'm with ya. Whether he was talked into doing what he done when he flipped or not he burned a LOT of bridges by doing that and getting AU tatted on his arm. Not sure we really want him as fans.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
2013 LB Reuben Foster Flips, Commits to Auburn

Everyone that is saying negative things needs to hold off and let saban do his thing. Calloway switched on national tv a few years ago and people went Ape Poo on him only to eat their words later
With all the talk about the staff having no contact with Foster, what makes you think Saban wants to do his thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so my post may not be what I typed thanks to auto correct. Also, I may need an emoticon but cannot use one in this post.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
Re: 2013 LB Reuben Foster Flips, Commits to Auburn

With all the talk about the staff having no contact with Foster, what makes you think Saban wants to do his thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so my post may not be what I typed thanks to auto correct. Also, I may need an emoticon but cannot use one in this post.
Other than Saban being in contact with foster. And Foster initiated the contact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.