LB Reuben Foster Decommits from Auburn

Status
Not open for further replies.

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
Re: *** 2013 LB Reuben Foster Commits to Bama ***

"Coach (Smart) wouldn't let me use the phrase 'Dream Team' because Georgia uses it but we're trying to create a championship team," Foster said. "It's a tradition at Alabama now, because they always win championships and we're trying to be a future championship team."
Love it. :)

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

Blackmon is a pretty good comparison. Hopefully Reuben want have the baggage he had. For us who were around in the Bryant glory days, he reminds me of Woodrow Lowe.
Lowe is a really good comparison as well..

While i see where you are going with that comparison it's a bad one. Tray was small and foster would be the number 1 prospect this year if he was a senior.
I don't think it's a bad comparison at all..Besides being smaller..When you watch videos of both..They play like clones of each other..They have similar speed getting to the ball..Neither messes around getting to the ball..They both get to the ball faster than any LB'ers I've seen on the high school level..And I haven't seen any LB'ers that are more brutal than either one once they get to the ball..

You have me when it comes to Blackmon being the overall #1 recruit..And as TiderJ pointed out..Blackmon was a 5*, #1 rated LB'er in the country(he was in the Top 20 overall), by all recruiting services coming out of high school..Their size is the only comparison of the two that is not comparible..How hard Blackmon hit & how strong he was..That size difference is a wash..

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al

Update on AJC. RF stays committed to us for now. But he's making goo-goo eyes at UGA, at least to the reporter of that state's biggest paper.

Here.

Every article on a georgia kid the AJC does will say that while they are commited to one school they really want to go to UGA or are starting to lean to UGA or have dreams at night of playing for UGA. Its usually just done to run up views on the article since the squidbillies hate to think that georgia kids dont want to go to georgia.

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK

Every article on a georgia kid the AJC does will say that while they are commited to one school they really want to go to UGA or are starting to lean to UGA or have dreams at night of playing for UGA. Its usually just done to run up views on the article since the squidbillies hate to think that georgia kids dont want to go to georgia.
Lol squidbillies.

Glenn_B

1st Team
May 31, 2010
Lost in Tennessee

Rusty Mansell @Mansell247

After a great week of practice at Georgia Junior Bowl 5-star LB Reuben Foster leaves the field after the game saying "Roll Tide"

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa

Lowe is a really good comparison as well..

I don't think it's a bad comparison at all..Besides being smaller..When you watch videos of both..They play like clones of each other..They have similar speed getting to the ball..Neither messes around getting to the ball..They both get to the ball faster than any LB'ers I've seen on the high school level..And I haven't seen any LB'ers that are more brutal than either one once they get to the ball..

You have me when it comes to Blackmon being the overall #1 recruit..And as TiderJ pointed out..Blackmon was a 5*, #1 rated LB'er in the country(he was in the Top 20 overall), by all recruiting services coming out of high school..Their size is the only comparison of the two that is not comparible..How hard Blackmon hit & how strong he was..That size difference is a wash..
the hitting is similar but thats it. Foster is in a class by himself. The guy has the entire package.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

After a great week of practice at Georgia Junior Bowl 5-star LB Reuben Foster leaves the field after the game saying "Roll Tide"
its simple really. Foster born in Alabama wants to be the next great Alabama born LB at the Capstone. following the footsteps of Jordan, Bennett, McCants, Ryan, McClain etc. of course having Thomas and Lowe in that tradition doesn't hurt either!! :)

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

the hitting is similar but thats it. Foster is in a class by himself. The guy has the entire package.
We'll agree to disagree..I respect your opinion..I think Blackmon is in the same class as Foster..They're both on a level I haven't seen any other high school LB'er reach..

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL

Hmmm, I can't find that quote anywhere in the AJC....:conf3:

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa

We'll agree to disagree..I respect your opinion..I think Blackmon is in the same class as Foster..They're both on a level I haven't seen any other high school LB'er reach..
I'm going by my opinion on watching his tapes and every recruiting site. Yesterday they we saying how he is a sure thing and the best high school lb to come out of ga since spikes. One last thing is the brains are there for foster and that alone makes a huge difference.

Bamalawdawg

3rd Team
Dec 28, 2011

I'm going by my opinion on watching his tapes and every recruiting site. Yesterday they we saying how he is a sure thing and the best high school lb to come out of ga since spikes. One last thing is the brains are there for foster and that alone makes a huge difference.
If you mean Brandon Spikes, he was from NC, I believe.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

I have yet to see film more impressive on a LB than I have with 'Ro.

But Foster is the closest thing since then, that's for sure. I expect this kid to play early and very often.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture

Tray Blackmon was a beast. I had the chance to see him live in high school. But i also have seen Foster live several times. The difference in how hard they hit is a lot more than you think. Foster had at least 1 guy carted off the field every game i attended. Blackmon didnt hit nearly as hard as Foster at the high school level.

TideorDie87

3rd Team
Dec 24, 2011

He showed flashes at the Ga Junior Bowl but nothing that was like wow besides the fact that he is the first person down on special teams every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.