LB Reuben Foster Decommits from Auburn

Status
Not open for further replies.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Re: *** 2013 LB Reuben Foster Commits to Bama ***

The biggest news for us I got out of that was that UGA commit Tray Matthews' Dad wants him to visit Bama. Look out puppies - we may take another one! ;)
Would love to see Matthews change his commitment. He is a very talented player.

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC

Looks like AJC was wrong about Foster going to UGA this weekend. Instead he appears to be recruiting for UA by catching a ride with R Nkem to Ole Miss's jr day

Colin Applewhite@cpapple
Three 5 stars and the nation's top 2 players in Oxford this weekend? #wintheday

http://www.tidefans.com/forums/#

RT @YancyPorter 5-Star LB Reuben Foster could be riding over with nation's top prospect, Robert Nkemdiche, to Ole Miss' Jr Day this weekend

MDBSnare

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2007

This! CNS has all of this down to an art form - a very sophisticated art form. He is at a higher level than even we think - in terms of EVERYTHING football-related!

It's actually very tightly controlled and orchestrated. Some recruits are asked to wait for months. If you pay attention, you can make sense of his patterns...

DurdenTider

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2011
Mobile, AL

Looks like AJC was wrong about Foster going to UGA this weekend. Instead he appears to be recruiting for UA by catching a ride with R Nkem to Ole Miss's jr day

Colin Applewhite@cpapple
Three 5 stars and the nation's top 2 players in Oxford this weekend? #wintheday

RT @YancyPorter 5-Star LB Reuben Foster could be riding over with nation's top prospect, Robert Nkemdiche, to Ole Miss' Jr Day this weekend
Awesome. Maybe Foster is thinking about playing at LaGrange. That would be a sick high school team with the top 2 recruits in the nation on the same team. Hope Foster and Nkemdiche become good friends because playing at UA is so much more fun when you're with your friends

StayHydrated

Jan 12, 2012

What is the rule in georgia? Can foster play his senior year if he transfers or does he have to sit out?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

It's actually very tightly controlled and orchestrated. Some recruits are asked to wait for months. If you pay attention, you can make sense of his patterns...
I've heard/read that for a few years. I asked Nick Perry about it after he committed to Bama in 2009. He said he knew nothing about it. Maybe he was one of the ones allowed to commit immediately and didn't have to wait.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Not a big fan of Foster potentially transferring, I'd much rather him stay in the environment he has been in because obviously that has worked out well for 'Bama. OTOH, though, it's good to see how much loyalty he has to a coach.

peariver

1st Team
Jan 31, 2009
SW Georgia

What is the rule in georgia? Can foster play his senior year if he transfers or does he have to sit out?
If his parents/guardian moves to another school district then there are no transfer restriction but otherwise he can't just enroll in another school or system unless the system he attends is a failing school under the NCLB Act. In those situations, there are other rules which come into play which I am not that familiar with or if it even applies to high school enrollment.

StayHydrated

Jan 12, 2012

Thanks. At least if he moves to his fathers district he will still be able to play.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama

I know in Alabama if the father didn't have full custody then he couldn't do it. Not sure about Georgia. Can't flip-flop here.
That isn't exactly true. I represent kids in dependency and delinquency (I know there is neither in Reuben's case) and a juvenile court Judge can easily make changes to custody as long as all the parties agree. If his parents were married and subsequently divorced, you modify the custody arrangement in Circuit court. If they have joint legal custody all that needs to be changed is who has physical custody. This can usually be done by a joint stipulation. It can get complicated if they weren't married and custody was never established, but most of the time, in those cases if the "custodial" parent agrees to let the child live with the "non-custodial" parent and all they need is the birth certificate to register the child for school. I see kids jumping districts all the time between parents who are not together and where custody wasn't established by the courts. The only time it is a problem is if one of the parents makes an issue out of it. This is in Alabama, of course and like you said not exactly sure about Georgia.

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009

UGA boards seem to have a rumor that Foster is fliping to them this weekend. When some of the rival guys are asked they do not say Foster but keep eluding to it and saying a major recruit may flip this weekend from the 2013 class. I think they are just throwing out there like that because if he does they can say we told you so and if not they can say it was not him.

CrimsonBleedRed

All-American
Nov 24, 2007
United States

UGA boards seem to have a rumor that Foster is fliping to them this weekend. When some of the rival guys are asked they do not say Foster but keep eluding to it and saying a major recruit may flip this weekend from the 2013 class. I think they are just throwing out there like that because if he does they can say we told you so and if not they can say it was not him.
Aw yes, the old "wild goose chase" method of reporting. Why would Foster flip-flip to GA this weekend, when there are rumors (please correct if not true) that Foster is potentially heading to Ole Miss this weekend? I say this is more wishful thinking on the part of UGA then anything.

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009

Aw yes, the old "wild goose chase" method of reporting. Why would Foster flip-flip to GA this weekend, when there are rumors (please correct if not true) that Foster is potentially heading to Ole Miss this weekend? I say this is more wishful thinking on the part of UGA then anything.
It seems that Yancy Porter jumped the gun about Foster going to Ole Miss and has retracted it. But rival guys are saying what recruit or what schools are involved if it does happen.

If it does involve UA and UGA could be Wiggins flipping to UA. He just visited UA on Thursday. Maybe he is going to UGA to let the know and they get another chance to hold on to him.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

I would be absolutely shocked if there was any shred of accuracy to that report. I believe Reuben is a solid as it gets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.