LB Reuben Foster Decommits from Auburn

Status
Not open for further replies.

subherbanite

1st Team
Jun 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
re: *** 2013 LB Reuben Foster Commits to Bama ***

I tried to do a backflip but couldn't.....I cartwheeled instead! YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES....keep it rollin' Nick!

calhexas

Scout Team
Jun 29, 2009

This kid's instincts are RoMac level. He flows to the ball like few HS recruits I've ever seen.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL

I agree with TiderJ's comparison..closing speed is RIDICULOUS..his ability to read blocks and get around them (for a 10th grader (!!!!!) in this video) is outstanding, and I didn't see one ball carrier that he touched fall forward..yeah...I want this guy on my team.

Last edited:

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL

I'm pretty sure the UGA faithful will say that UGA can get whoever they want out of their state, but this can NOT look too good for the Richt regime. Sure he put together the Dream class last season, but look at all we're taking for the state of Georgia this year with Drake, Taylor, Lee,etc. and starting off the 13 class like this?!? WOW! Roll Tide man.....just Roll Tide...I'm tearing up over here

Crimson Surfer

News|BB|FB|REC, Super Moderator
Jul 14, 2001
Henderson, NV

Reports: Reuben Foster commits to Alabama | al.com
The 2013 prospect from Lagrange (Ga.) Troupe County is considered one of the nation's elite high school linebackers. The 6-foot-1, 228-pounder had various offers and also considered Florida and Georgia.

He was the second player to commit Monday joining O.J. Howard. Foster is the third verbal commitment toward the 2013 signing class.

"I chose Alabama because of the tradition they have and it is like family there," Foster told Scout.com. "They have a lot of national championships and that is what I want to play for. I also like how they put a lot of linebackers in the NFL because that is where I want to play."

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture

this is the guy i wanted more than any for the 2013 recruits. i know he's not as big as he's gonna be at Bama right now but he reminds me of a young Ray Lewis. When he hits, the offensive player goes backwards. and he looks like he gets around blocks like Ray

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

I agree with TiderJ's comparison..closing speed is RIDICULOUS..his ability to read blocks and get around them (for a 10th grader (!!!!!) in this video) is outstanding, and I didn't see one ball carrier that he touched fall forward..yeah...I want this guy on my team.

I'm confused.

Is he #20 or #22?

The highlights must be for two different players.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

I'm confused.

Is he #20 or #22?

The highlights must be for two different players.
It's for one player (the one severely hurting people). It states at the start of the video "#: 20/22". Not sure why his number is different though.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Ga expert breaks down Reuben Foster
What are your thoughts now that you’ve seen him develop over time?

I think the biggest thing when you watch Foster is how fast he plays. Guards can’t get to him and he’ll beat them to the backfield. He’s very instinctive and scrapes down the line very well. Everything you see in Reuben is what you want to see from a linebacker. If I could change one thing on Reuben, I wouldn’t change anything at all- he’s one of the most complete football players that I’ve seen since I’ve been in this business.

Last edited by a moderator:

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama

Great news! But at 6'-0" and 206lbs, will he fill out big enough to play linebacker?

brutetough

1st Team
Dec 11, 2010

that's great. I still remember some of us talked about him when we watched (video) him hitting IC pretty darn hard. Thought @ that moment everyone was ready to trade IC for him.

Crimson Surfer

News|BB|FB|REC, Super Moderator
Jul 14, 2001
Henderson, NV

LB Rueben Foster commits to Alabama over UGA | AJC College Sports Recruiting
The 2013 linebacker out of LaGrange’s Troup High School committed to Alabama over UGA on Monday. Foster attended Georgia’s “Dawg Night” football prospect camp on Friday.

The 6-foot-2, 220-pounder is considered one of the nation’s top juniors at the linebacker position. Alabama also appears to be the frontrunner for another elite Georgia prospect, Grayson High School defensive end Robert Nkemdiche, who is a candidate to be the USA’s No. 1 college football prospect for 2013. (click on story link)

bonehouse81

All-SEC
Jun 30, 2006
Clarksville, TN

So he is an inside backer in our scheme?
He will play anywhere he pleases :wink:

Seriously, though, my guess would be yes. With the kind of athlete and hitter he is, trying him at Sam or anywhere else besides ILB just seems like a waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.