LB Reuben Foster Decommits from Auburn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC
Re: *** 2013 LB Reuben Foster Commits to Bama ***

RUMOR again rumor floating around that former HC and father figure to Foster, Charles Powers may be offered a spot on the UGA staff. Go figure CMR and his package deals. 8) Give him crdit if it pulls Foster to UGA. Again rumor at this point.

RM80

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 24, 2011
Anniston, AL

RUMOR again rumor floating around that former HC and father figure to Foster, Charles Powers may be offered a spot on the UGA staff. Go figure CMR and his package deals. 8) Give him crdit if it pulls Foster to UGA. Again rumor at this point.
oh yeah UGA is going to try the any means necessary approach to get Reuben. No way they can sit back and let the top 2 players in the nation leave the state without trying to pull some strings. I dont think it will matter though because of the family being pro Tide.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Richt is really good at pulling this kind of thing, ie: Crowell's teammate last year he signed who was probably a mid major recruit at best.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

WOW..Richt is getting as desperate as it get..I thought according to "Pup" fans..Richt is "As Pure As The Driven Snow"..And has nothing to do with dirty recruiting..It's just going to make it more fun to watch as the wheels falls completely off the "Richt Era"" this coming year..

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN

With regard to the pressure being put on him by UGA, can the player not tell the institution not to contact him? I know I am probably being naive but if a player doesn't want to hear from a school, shouldn't the school honor that request.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture

With regard to the pressure being put on him by UGA, can the player not tell the institution not to contact him? I know I am probably being naive but if a player doesn't want to hear from a school, shouldn't the school honor that request.
you'd like to always leave a good mark with those recruiting you. you never know when you could get dropped and need that school in the end. i've seen it before.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001

Whether a particular school would honor such a request would depend on the school. However, I think if a player was clear and straightforward with each school, I think he could get most, if not all, to stop verbally contacting him. I think that could be done without burning bridges, in most cases.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

temporary guardianship could be granted quickly if all involved are in good standing with both state's DHR offices. Adoption wouldnt necessarily be needed.
Temporary guardianship for a minor can only be for six months. Most probate judges (unless maybe a Bama fan :)) would, I think, look a bit askance at the matter if the real reason for a renewal of the guardianship were for football eligibility. In fact, in this case, it would appear to require a fraud to be perpetrated upon the court. The max period for incompetent adults is much shorter - five weeks, IIRC. It's not unusual at all for there to be several renewals, while all the tests, investigations, etc., are carried out...

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al

Latest on Reuben Foster...it's an insider article, so you have to be subscribed to read the full thing...

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/colleges/alabama/post?id=1680

Here is a quick quote on the transfer thing...

The fact is, Foster is strongly considering transferring high schools before his senior year, but it’s not because of his head coach’s dismissal from Troup County. It’s because Foster wants to find a school that has a plan set up for him to graduate early.

“It’s a possibility, but it’s not because of Coach Flowers,” Foster said. “It’s because I’m trying to get what’s best for me, credit-wise and academic-wise. Troup (County) High School is a nice academic school, but I just can’t graduate early.”

In fact, he and Coach Flowers talked about this possibility long before Flowers was let go. Unfortunately, the decision to fire his head coach has given Foster all the more reason to look for a new school.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Seeing Reuben up-close and in-person is like looking at an NFL veteran. Really just hard to imagine a seventeen year old kid can have that size and physical build.

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC

Just read his reason for wanting to transfer was a discussion prior to his coach leaving. He said he wants to be an EE and can not at Troupe. hence why he is looking to find a school that will allow him to graduate in Dec.

Ty Webb

Suspended
Feb 3, 2012

Hope he is able to enroll at Bama in January.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Video Interview with Foster and he sayd he is cousins with Fanning.
I've read he's also related to a handful of other college football players, including one at Auburn.

Sounds right to me. A lot of people would be surprised at just how closely related a lot of players are. Average people could never play football in the SEC, and of those that can many tend to come from the same gene pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.