Link: Rivals.com 2012 Alabama Preseason Top 40

Crimson Surfer

News|BB|FB|REC, Super Moderator
Jul 14, 2001
Henderson, NV
TideSports.com - State rankings: Va., Ala., S.C., Tenn., and more
Dual-threat quarterback Jameis Winston is the top prospect in Alabama but he's followed closely by Daphne's T.J. Yeldon at No. 2, who is headed to Auburn. Defensive prospects have the next three spots locked down. Linebacker Kwon Alexander is No. 3 in the state and No. 77 overall nationally and Florida State-bound defensive end Chris Casher is holding down the No. 4 spot. Rounding out the top five is highly touted defensive tackle Justin Shanks, and there should be a heated recruiting battle for him.
Yahoo Sports: Rivals.com Ranking - Rivals.com Alabama Preseason Top 40 2012

GMacFan

Suspended
Oct 3, 2009
I like Winston, but Kwon is everything you could want in a linebacker coming out of high school. And Reggie isn't far behind, I've been to a few Bob Jones games. IMO it should be Kwon, Winston, then Reggie.

Airborne Tider

All-American
Aug 2, 2008
Fort Benning
I like Winston, but Kwon is everything you could want in a linebacker coming out of high school. And Reggie isn't far behind, I've been to a few Bob Jones games. IMO it should be Kwon, Winston, then Reggie.
Some people think Ragland is more SEC ready right now than Kwon. TIFWIW.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
I find these rankings hilarious, the Rivals contempt over BOL leaving the network is so thick you could cut it with a knife. These big traditional papers (i.e. Tuscaloosa News) that are partnering with the "expert" sites demand much higher commissions than the typical team site publishers and it's cutting into their already thin margins in a market with heavily increased competition. Throw in Shannon Terry doing a heavily-financed start-up in Rivals backyard, having a lot of early success, and poaching one of the biggest Rivals affiliates... yeah, there's no chance in hell Rivals gives Bama any love this year or for any other year moving forward for that matter.

So, yeah, expect Ragland and whoever else we get to have their rankings depressed accordingly. We'll be lucky if we sign two of the state's top six prospects per Rivals at the end of the year, mark my word.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I find these rankings hilarious, the Rivals contempt over BOL leaving the network is so thick you could cut it with a knife. These big traditional papers (i.e. Tuscaloosa News) that are partnering with the "expert" sites demand much higher commissions than the typical team site publishers and it's cutting into their already thin margins in a market with heavily increased competition. Throw in Shannon Terry doing a heavily-financed start-up in Rivals backyard, having a lot of early success, and poaching one of the biggest Rivals affiliates... yeah, there's no chance in hell Rivals gives Bama any love this year or for any other year moving forward for that matter.

So, yeah, expect Ragland and whoever else we get to have their rankings depressed accordingly. We'll be lucky if we sign two of the state's top six prospects per Rivals at the end of the year, mark my word.
I find them hilarious also. Scout has him as #1 MLB (5-star), 247 Sports has him as #1 MLB and ESPN has him as #2 MLB nationally so I'm not real sure how Rivals can rank him as #8 in our state. Makes you wonder what they are doing now.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville
i think Michael Flint at #22 is way too low as well. Just look at the offer list and it should tell you what caliber of player they are. I trust 30 NCAA coaches' opinion more than I do some "expert" sitting behind a desk who has probably never even played football.

I also think Kwon, Jameis, and Reggie are the top 3. Yeldon may be good, but I doubt he belongs in the top 5. I'm sure these will change tremendously over the course of the season. Look for Darren Lake to make a big jump too.

Crimson Surfer

News|BB|FB|REC, Super Moderator
Jul 14, 2001
Henderson, NV

I agree, Rivals is taking out their frustrations on BOL leaving the network out on Bama. Rivals is acting like a jilted lover with an obvious contempt for UA. lol I Don't expect Bama to be anywhere in their top three recruiting rankings for the 2012 class. No matter how good this class ends up being.

Last edited:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.