Rank Sec's toughest front 7

Who will have the best defensive front 7 in the sec this year?

• Total voters

BFANLC

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
In a dream world
I made a visit over to volnation to check out what they are saying about this season and in one of their threads stated that they felt Florida will have the toughest defensive front 7 in the SEC. I personally think Alabama will have one of if not the best front 7 in the country.Just wanted to see what everyone else thought.

As a side poll I'd like to see what everyone here thinks is the Nations best front 7.

bamahuey1

1st Team
Jun 27, 2005
Oh we have the best LBs,,,,, but somewhere around fourth in the SEC front 7 for now.
Agreed. I'm not ready to proclaim our defensive line the best yet but they may not have to be the best. If they can absorb enough blockers to free up the linebackers our defense will be dominant.

buzzincuzzin

All-American
Jan 8, 2006
What this D "NEEDsssssssssss" is a star at DL. The climate is right with the LB corps stellar and the DBs all have first-round-NFL-potential. If a Gillberry/Cody type jumbo-tron star emerges it will be Stallings-esque.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Best front 7 in the NATION? Whew..that's tough..I'll stick to the SEC and get back to you on the nation later.

1. Bama's 1st team
2. South Carolina
3. LSU
4a. Mississippi St
4b. Florida
6. Arkansas
7. Bama's 2nd team
8. UGA
9. UT
10. Ole Miss
11. Auburn
12. Vandy

BFANLC

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
In a dream world
Best front 7 in the NATION? Whew..that's tough..I'll stick to the SEC and get back to you on the nation later.

1. Bama's 1st team
2. South Carolina
3. LSU
4a. Mississippi St
4b. Florida
6. Arkansas
7. Bama's 2nd team
8. UGA
9. UT
10. Ole Miss
11. Auburn
12. Vandy
I like the way you think :biggrin:

SouthHSV

1st Team
Sep 5, 2008
Huntsville,Al
I'm not an expert, but I think a lot of people have forgotten just how loaded Florida is at every position(sans the most important one). Add to that they do have a new defensive-minded coach. Us, along with UF and LSU, are the only schools that can claim that kind of talent.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
I'm not an expert, but I think a lot of people have forgotten just how loaded Florida is at every position(sans the most important one). Add to that they do have a new defensive-minded coach. Us, along with UF and LSU, are the only schools that can claim that kind of talent.
speaking of Florida. remember all those top classes from a few years ago? a lot of those guys arent making the splash they thought they would. when awards lists and such are mentioned you dont hear any Gators on these lists. im sure they have a few but are there any Gator 1st team AA's this year

USCBAMA

All-SEC
Sep 21, 2001
Columbia, SC, Richland
Gamecocks are loaded at DL and may even rank tops in SEC there, but the LBs in Columbia are average at best, overall I give Bama nod on front 7 due to much better LBs. UF D could be sleeper with combination of talent and defensive minded coach.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
I cannot wait to see our linebackers. Our d-line isn't that bad just largely unproven.

TideprideRTR

1st Team
Sep 8, 2010
GA
speaking of Florida. remember all those top classes from a few years ago? a lot of those guys arent making the splash they thought they would. when awards lists and such are mentioned you dont hear any Gators on these lists. im sure they have a few but are there any Gator 1st team AA's this year
Florida will always be a threat. They will always have good recruiting classes. With a new coach that is defensive minded I'm really worried about going to The Swamp this year.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
I have a problem with these lists. And a pre-season poll for that matter. All this pre-season hype is useless garbage. Let the guys put it on the field first before getting into naming all the superlatives. All the rankings are on potential. Florida had a tough year last year. But that same Florida defense that struggled held us to -10 yards of offense in the 2nd half on our field last season. Our only score in the 2nd half came on a CJ Mosely pick 6. They're definitely tough and as someone has already mentioned, they'll always be a threat based off pure talent alone. But I ranked other teams ahead of them, like LSU because of continuity. Yes, I know Manny Diaz bolted from Miss. St. to go to Texas, but I still think Ms St's defense with all their returning players will be tough.

afadam07

1st Team
Aug 21, 2008
Oklahoma City, OK
Personally, I can't pick Bama for this one base on out D-line productivity last year. We probably have the best LBs int the nation, but I'm still unsure about the D-line.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.