BamaNation Second Team ForeverBama's Avatar

Recommended: The Mistborn Trilogy by Brandon Sanderson

Like many, I discovered Brandon Sanderson because he is completing Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time Series for TOR books. I've really enjoyed his style as he wraps up the WoT, so I looked into his original novels. The first I read by Sanderson was The Way of Kings, which I believe is his latest novel. It was an excellent read, so I went looking for more by him and picked up all three of the Mistborn Trilogy.

The Mistborn Trilogy turned out to be one of the most fascinating and Unique stories I have read in a long time. It is fantasy, set in an original world, which is nothing new. The magic system is unique. But what held my attention so well was Sanderson's open philosophical religious and politcal debate throughout the series, about how we perceive right and wrong, and good and evil, and about the consequences of our actions, even when we think we are doing the right thing.

I highly recommend the series to anyone that enjoys reading.
    If you want to hear God laugh
    Tell Him your plans
    -Van Zant

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Second Team SSgtBama's Avatar

Re: Recommended: The Mistborn Trilogy by Brandon Sanderson

Ive been wanting to try Way of Kings due to the same reason as you, his WOT work. I feel he really has done a good job with WOT and in many ways improved on RJ's inability to get anything going. I think Ill try the Mistborn series since you recommend them so highly. Much to my shock........I am currently reading Harry Potter books.........I am so ashamed.........

BamaNation Second Team ForeverBama's Avatar

Ashamed of Harry Potter? No reason to be. My daughter hooked me on them years ago and I thought they were great. Sanderson is doing an excellent job of closing out the WOT. His original work is excellent though.
    If you want to hear God laugh
    Tell Him your plans
    -Van Zant

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by SSgtBama View Post
    Ive been wanting to try Way of Kings due to the same reason as you, his WOT work. I feel he really has done a good job with WOT and in many ways improved on RJ's inability to get anything going. I think Ill try the Mistborn series since you recommend them so highly. Much to my shock........I am currently reading Harry Potter books.........I am so ashamed.........
    The Harry Potter series is what got me off my butt and into reading in the first place. Ever since I finished Deathly Hallows I have been searching in vain for another series that could capture my imagination like that one did.

If you want to be truly ashamed then read the Twilight series (sis-in-law recommended it and for some reason I listened). Those books are nothing short of horrible. I kept reading, expecting them to finally get better. They don't.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Bodhisattva's Avatar
    My Mood
    Bookworm on TideFans.com

Just ordered the trilogy in hardback from Amazon. (I'm holding you guys responsible if I don't like them. )
    Bodhi

Lily (age 6): Daddy, I know what I want to be when I grow up: an artist.
    Bodhi (internally groaning): Yeah? What kind of artist?
    Lily: A balloon animal artist!
    Bodhi (face palm)

My Mood
    Cool on TideFans.com

Man he is taking forever to bring out that last book but I loved the last two. The scene when he was telling Cadsuane Melaidhrin that he could kill her not by using the power but just because he willed it. That scene made me put my book down and just pause. I think I will go out and purchase this Mistborn Trilogy, will be something to do while I wait for the last WOT book.