Bayoutider 03/02/1947 - 08/06/2011

bamadp

All-SEC
Sep 24, 2006
Sheffield, Al.
I only knew Bayoutider from Tidefans, I always enjoyed his posts and he seemed like a "good guy"...and that's the best legacy a person can leave.

R.I.P. Bayoutider...as sad as it is for those here...you're in a much better place.

Crimson Cat

FB Moderator
Nov 26, 2006
Alabama
So very stunned and saddened to hear this...I'm at a loss for words so I'll just say, R.I.P. Rich, I'll miss you so. Our Tidefans family won't be quite the same without you...

My sincerest condolensces to the family, God Bless...

MS TN NC Tidefan

3rd Team
Jan 2, 2003
Huntersville, NC, USA
Wow. I'm shocked/stunned. I've been around for a while and don't post a lot, but you feel like you get to know something about someone after reading their thoughts for years. I knew he was struggling with his illness, but never expected this. Bayou was one of the posters I always made a point to read. His thoughtful insight and sense of humor will be missed. My thoughts and prayers go out to Rich and his family. To his family, please know that your loss will be felt by many people. You have my condolences.

RIP Bayou

Dallas4Bama

Suspended
Sep 27, 2006
Dallas, Texas
While I truly am at a loss for words, I feel compelled to say something.

I never had the opportunity to actually meet Rich, but I traded PM's with him over the years on a variety of subjects from Alabama football, the history of the Caribbean and life there, the big green egg and even raising chickens. That man was an absolute wealth of knowledge on a broad spectrum of subjects. While enduring a painful loss of a family member several year ago Rich was great to talk to as he reminded me very much of the great uncle I had just lost. We carried on some conversations much like I had with my uncle and it was fun to get his perspective on things. He helped me more than he ever knew through that time. During our conversations he spoke openly of his own health issues so I knew this day was probably coming sooner than later. That makes it no less of a sad day. I sure am glad he was able to see the Tide take number 13.

Old friend you will be missed by all that have had the pleasure of knowing you. I will even miss the suspensions you gave me on days you had a short fuse. May God ease the pain felt by his family and those close to him.

Roll Tide Rich!

Last edited:

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
Swearengin, Alabama, United States
It's taken me quite a while to compose myself to write in this thread. It's quite probable that I will miss Rich more than anyone outside his family. He always said we were like brothers. He always had my back and I tried always to have his. We went through some dark days in the Bama football program and on this site. Some days, we were dog-cussed all day long. At the end of the day, we'd talk and laugh about it. We always had each other, and that's no longer true...

I last talked with Rich about a month ago. He had been unable to keep up with the PT requirements of the nursing home and had moved to his son's home. It was obvious then that it couldn't be long. It was a very hard conversation. I was at a loss for consoling words. He was and is irreplaceable...
Earl...I only know you and Rich from this forum but feel as though ya'll are family. Not Fambly Talibarners! I have been a member since '04 if memory serves me right,(wastedmason was my former handle). When you and Rich posted I read and still do every word. While great mods and posters have come and gone over the years ya'll were the constants that made this board what it is today. I am so sorry for yours and Tidefans loss! I posted earlier but like you I had a hard time putting into words what I felt and wanted to say so i wanted to add to it. I am not ashamed to admit I shed a tear or two today. R.I.P. Rich!!!

REBELZED

All-American
Dec 6, 2006
Thankful that he is no longer suffering, but mourning for those left behind. Sincerest condolences to his family. God Speed to him. I'm sure he's sharing all his amazing recipes with Coach Bryant!

SNASS
RTR!

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
I've been praying for you, too, E....I knew y'all were close.

Are there any 'brick campaigns' at UA right now? We could collect from Tidefans and do one in Rich's honor.
A good idea, sir. Who has enough connection with the family to ask if this - or something similar - would be appropriate and /or appreciated?

Last edited:

Zorak

All-American
Jan 8, 2010
Orlando, FL (Winter Park area)
I've been praying for you, too, E....I knew y'all were close.

Are there any 'brick campaigns' at UA right now? We could collect from Tidefans and do one in Rich's honor.
A good idea, sir. Who has enough connection with the family to ask if this - or something similar - would be appropriate and /or appreciated?
I think they're always selling bricks on the Crimson Promenade. Anyone aware of others?

crimson promenade

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.