Bayoutider 03/02/1947 - 08/06/2011

ddsmit

Suspended
Jan 3, 2003
Pensacola, FL
Bayou and I had something in common, neither of us could make a descent biscuit. Thank you for adding so much to this board. RIP Rich and prayers to the family. We'll never forget you.

crimsonbleeder

All-American
Dec 1, 2002
Birmingham, AL
God bless Rich's family and bring peace and understanding to all those who knew him, whether personally or from afar.

So sorry to all of Rich's family. His presence will certainly be missed...there was no more an epitome of "Renaissance Man" than was the Richmeister. He knew all, saw all, and made us all laugh and brought us all together. Man...

Last edited:

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
The day got off to a good start. It is the 17th birthday, of a special niece.

I come home to the opposite end of life's journey. Somehow, SNASS does not convey the proper emotion.

Game Days will never be the same.

Buon riposo, amico.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
I hate to hear this, I'm not sure how I missed seeing this thread yesterday.

I'm so sorry for your loss but I hope you find solace in the fact that you guys have a ton of people praying for you and lifting you up right now.

It hasn't been the same without him for a while now.

SNASS

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
First of thank you for all the prayers thoughts and good stories. Lord knows he had a lot of them and i am going to miss hearing them

A good idea, sir. Who has enough connection with the family to ask if this - or something similar - would be appropriate and /or appreciated?
What is a brick if you don't mind me asking.

PS this is his son again i tried to post under an account i just created but i have to wait to be able to make posts. *cough* add LittleBTider *cough*

I don't know if anyone here lives around Bayoutider but if so and if you want to attend, visitation will be at Hixon's funeral home in Lake Charles, La on Ryan St from 6pm till 8pm anyone and everyone is welcome to attend.

Again thank you for all the blessings and good thoughts. I too will miss his game day menus.... I don't think I'll miss cooking most of them but I'll miss them all the same.

CAgirl

Scout Team
Jan 17, 2007
Birmingham, AL
Sending prayers to you and your family from CA. I loved reading what your father had to say and really respected his football knowledge. Hope all these responses will bring some little bit of comfort to you.

Last edited:

bilbo

Pro Sports Moderator
Oct 13, 1999
Gulf Shores, AL
ah crap. another of the "good guys" has gone to Heaven to be with Coach Bryant and Derrick Thomas. As one of the "long timers" (been with Brett et all since the early AOL days) I knew Bayou for a LONG time. granted it was only over the internet but I felt I had come to know the guy. game day threads, game day menus, what the dogs were wearing, Tidefans Iron Chef- you name it. as someone has said he was a true "renaissance man" who seemed to know everything about everything. just sucks that he passed. I'm getting to the point in life where the people that have shaped/molded me are dying away. crap.
I'll end with Roll Tide Rich and Heaven just got one heck of a cook!

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
PS this is his son again i tried to post under an account i just created but i have to wait to be able to make posts. *cough* add LittleBTider *cough*
Looks like you're good to go. Welcome, please hang out and relay any / all information / stories you can or want to. Any family member of Rich's will always be welcome here on TideFans.com.

PM me if you need anything.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
I hope that knowing he will always be remembered by those of us he made laugh will give his family some comfort. He will be missed, but always remembered.

Let's Roll Tide

1st Team
Sep 29, 2003
Denver, CO
My condolences to his family. Btw, "Yea Alabama" was almost played at my grandfathers funeral but my mother's request was overruled by her sister and brother but I think my grandfather would have greatly appreciated it...just a thought for Bayou!

BamaGoose

Suspended
Dec 7, 1999
Meridianville, Al.
First of thank you for all the prayers thoughts and good stories. Lord knows he had a lot of them and i am going to miss hearing them

I don't know if anyone here lives around Bayoutider but if so and if you want to attend, visitation will be at Hixon's funeral home in Lake Charles, La on Ryan St from 6pm till 8pm anyone and everyone is welcome to attend.

Again thank you for all the blessings and good thoughts. I too will miss his game day menus.... I don't think I'll miss cooking most of them but I'll miss them all the same.
LittleBTider- Thanks for coming back. I was hoping the post yesterday was not your last on Tidefans. I read any thread your dad posted in the past. His posts were always informative and brought a smile to my face in many of his posts, especially the game day menu's. I will continue to pray for you and your sister. The toughest days are ahead but in time you will realize your dad is in a much betterplace as you and I.

InsaneMustang

1st Team
Jul 30, 2001
There are no words that can describe a loss like this. Best wishes to his family and his close friends.

Hope he is in Heaven, so I can meet him when God is finished with me too.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

You should be good to go now with the new account, but I'd just post under your dad's name for the time being...

JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
I really hated to hear this, and I'm sorry I didn't respond to the thread earlier. Rich was a real cornerstone for this site and it won't be the same without him going forward. I don't think we could have built this site into what it is today without him. It really breaks my heart.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.