*** WR Amari Cooper Commits to Alabama *** (Update: Page 16)

rammerjammer69

Scout Team
Apr 28, 2009
Re: *** WR Amari Cooper Commits to Alabama ***

I'm no "recruiting expert" or talent scout, but this kid looks like the real deal to me. Glad we got him.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL

I understood the point he was trying to make just fine, but that still doesn't mean I have to agree with it. I just don't believe Randle in a Crimson uniform would have changed the outcome of that game like he was asserting that it would.
That game was so close, that literally anything could, and did, change the outcome.
I have never seen so many missed opportunities.

redrock

Suspended
Sep 16, 2008

IMO, AC was the MVP in the Under Armour game. A very fine looking receiver and game changer.

RM80

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 24, 2011
Anniston, AL

... how does cooper compare to marvin shinn?
cooper seems to be a better route runner and seems to be more fluid with the ball in his hands. Shinn is of course taller and probably better with the jump balls, both have very good speed

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Been saying for months that Cooper was a huge steal for us, and he showed why last night. Most complete wide receiver we've signed since Julio in terms of size, speed, hands, and attitude. He'll make a big impact next year. A redshirt won't come near this kid.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Shinn main issue coming in was his weight, should be good to go next year. yeah Coop does look bigger
Odd as it is to say for a kid with a 6'4 frame, but Shinn was really a tweener. Not big enough this year to really hold up against physical SEC cornerbacks, but not enough speed to run by people to the point that he could play as a true freshman based on raw athletic ability. Hopefully a year in the weight room will fix that and then he can be a contributor with a long frame, solid size, and solid speed. String beans with only solid speed just can't contribute much, though.

Cooper is a different guy entirely. He's not quite as long, but he's a good bit bigger and has much more athleticism. He'll be an instant contributor, and enrolling early will only help. He'll probably bulk up another ten pounds by the time August rolls around.

RM80

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 24, 2011
Anniston, AL

Been saying for months that Cooper was a huge steal for us, and he showed why last night. Most complete wide receiver we've signed since Julio in terms of size, speed, hands, and attitude. He'll make a big impact next year. A redshirt won't come near this kid.
yeah one of the key areas for incoming freshman to improve on is route running and he seems to be more polish than most that come in so i expect big things. i know the miami guys on another site were not happy about their coaching staff not jumping on him early. I thank them for that.

RM80

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 24, 2011
Anniston, AL

Odd as it is to say for a kid with a 6'4 frame, but Shinn was really a tweener. Not big enough this year to really hold up against physical SEC cornerbacks, but not enough speed to run by people to the point that he could play as a true freshman based on raw athletic ability. Hopefully a year in the weight room will fix that and then he can be a contributor with a long frame, solid size, and solid speed. String beans with only solid speed just can't contribute much, though.

Cooper is a different guy entirely. He's not quite as long, but he's a good bit bigger and has much more athleticism. He'll be an instant contributor, and enrolling early will only help. He'll probably bulk up another ten pounds by the time August rolls around.

one thing i love about him is his patience, watching that return in the UA game was something

REBELZED

All-American
Dec 6, 2006

Sounds like Earl Alexander (Shinn)...

I am really excited about Cooper now. He reminds me of Blackmon the way he plays bigger than his size. Speed and moves to boot. He should definitely make some waves next year.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

To a degree that's true, but in many ways it's apples and oranges. The biggest problem Alexander always had was that he was a high school quarterback who never developed into a true receiver. His route running was never good, his hands were shaky at best, and generally he just looked uncomfortable outside.

Shinn has much greater fundamental refinement at this stage than Alexander ever did. He's not the most athletic guy in the world, but Shinn is quite polished on technique.

Crimson Cat

FB Moderator
Nov 26, 2006
Alabama

So glad to hear this! Sounds like a great pickup and love hearing he could be an early contributor...

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006

Been saying for months that Cooper was a huge steal for us, and he showed why last night. Most complete wide receiver we've signed since Julio in terms of size, speed, hands, and attitude.
Agreed. He's the complete package at WR.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture

I am really excited about Cooper now. He reminds me of Blackmon the way he plays bigger than his size. Speed and moves to boot. He should definitely make some waves next year.
quite a bit different actually. Alexander wasnt as thin as Shinn coming out of High School. like someone above said, he was a QB in high school. he wasnt the most athletic guy to start with.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.