Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
    News|BB|FB|REC
    Super Moderator
    My Mood
    Amused on TideFans.com

Re: WR Amari Cooper Updates

Cooper going from outside the Rivals 250 to # 58 overall is not a jump but a giant leap.

http://alabama.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1257432
    Chris Nee: I would say the prospect that was the toughest for me with ranking this time around was Miami (Fla.) Northwestern wide receiver Amari Cooper. The South Florida wideout, who played sparingly as a junior, moved from a three-star prospect to four-star status, and 58th overall in the Rivals100. The reasoning for such a drastic move is that Cooper was very good during events held throughout the spring and summer. He is a special kind of wide receiver who has great feet, good speed and excellent hands. He is a big playmaker at the wide receiver spot, but his lack of proving it in games caused some hesitation. The good news is that by the end of the 2011 season he will be a household name at the wide receiver spot.
    http://alabama.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1257426
    Four other wide receivers made nice jumps as well. Miami (Fla.) Northwestern wideout Amari Cooper came from outside the 250 to move to No. 58 while fellow receivers Germone Hopper (No. 70), Deontay Greenberry (No. 72) and Bryce Treggs (No. 100) all made nice moves as well.

"Cooper came off his junior season as a relative unknown due to a lack of opportunity to show what he could do. He ended the summer as one of the fastest rising prospects in the Southeast," said Nee of the uncommitted 6-foot-1, 175-pounder. "Cooper is a wide receiver with good size, excellent speed, great footwork, and consistent hands. He started his offseason with a strong showing at BadgerSports 7-on-7 and the streak continued at Florida State, Alabama and other subsequent camps he participated in."
    Last edited by Crimson Surfer; August 29th, 2011 at 01:47 PM.

2. Advertisement
    News|BB|FB|REC
    Super Moderator
    My Mood
    Amused on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by NoleTide View Post
    Man y'all are tripping real hard about FSU. Some good laughs though.
    I think you should have said 'some of' y'all... lol It is hard not to respect what Fisher is doing for FSU recruiting lately but Bama will get their share for sure.

BamaNation Second Team

any word on when this young man is going to announce?

News|BB|FB|REC
    Super Moderator
    My Mood
    Amused on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by labamafan70769 View Post
    any word on when this young man is going to announce?
    I am looking for him to commit and announce his decision soon, probably not more that a couple of days or sometime within the next 7 days at the latest. I still believe Bama is in very good shape for Cooper.

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Surfer View Post
    I am looking for him to commit and announce his decision soon, probably not more that a couple of days or sometime within the next 7 days at the latest. I still believe Bama is in very good shape for Cooper.
    I think the sooner he commits, the better. The more popular he gets, the tougher it will get to recruit him. Muschamp and Jimbo might respect Saban enough to not push too hard on players already committed to their mentor.

BamaNation All-American buzzincuzzin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glasscutter256 View Post
    I think the sooner he commits, the better. The more popular he gets, the tougher it will get to recruit him. Muschamp and Jimbo might respect Saban enough to not push too hard on players already committed to their mentor.
    That's what he taught them NOT to do.

News|BB|FB|REC
    Super Moderator
    My Mood
    Amused on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by buzzincuzzin View Post
    That's what he taught them NOT to do.
    I agree, you don't see CNS giving up on players he wants even if they are committed elsewhere.

I thought that Cooper would announce his decision this past weeked or very soon. That situation seems to have gone cold. He still has not publically changed his intent of announcing in the first few weeks of the school year. I believe Bama still leads for his signature since nothing to the contrary has been reported.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Last night on 97.3 The Zone I heard Bama expects a commitment from Cooper soon. Orr said his announcment was delayed because he was asked to do it on ESPNU. Just what I heard from guys in the know TIFWIW
    15 and counting

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by mulletover View Post
    Last night on 97.3 The Zone I heard Bama expects a commitment from Cooper soon. Orr said his announcment was delayed because he was asked to do it on ESPNU. Just what I heard from guys in the know TIFWIW
    Hope Orr is right. Amari will be a great addition to an already very good WR class.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I posted the following in another thread.

I was watching the Dwyer game earlier, and Luginbill was talking about Amari. Luginbill said Amari is supposed to announce soon and he's leaning towards Bama. He went onto say he's a big sleeper.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

News|BB|FB|REC
    Super Moderator
    My Mood
    Amused on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TiderJ View Post
    Hope Orr is right. Amari will be a great addition to an already very good WR class.
    Rodney has good sources. I am expecting good news soon.

BamaNation First Team BamasTide's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

ESPNU's recruiting show is this afternoon. I am curoius to see if Cooper's announcement will be part of the show. The show is called ESPN Recruiting Nation (formerly Recruiting Insider), and it airs at 4pm(c.s.t.).

BamaNation All-SEC TheTradition's Avatar

I listened last night as well, but I didn't hear Orr say that. I think it was BAMA K, one of the long time posters on TI. I may be remembering that wrong though.
    "We don't really hire people to come in here and do what they do - we hire them to come in and do what we want them to do."

Coach Nick Saban - Press Conference: 3/21/11