*** WR Amari Cooper Commits to Alabama *** (Update: Page 16)

Braveheart

All-SEC
Feb 12, 2006
Re: *** WR Amari Cooper Commits to Alabama ***

The thing that impresses me about this kid is that he has GREAT seperation at the line of scrimmage (it's nearly impossible to chuck him at the LOS), has good hands, speed and is very athletic. Assuming he stays healthy, he's got a great future ahead of him.

mulletover

All-SEC
Dec 1, 2009
Cullman Alabama

Just saw a couple of plays on video. Man, he's gonna be great. Great pick-up for Bama. I'll go ahead and step out on a limb and say he plays his freshman year. No RS.
I agree, Amari has skills. He runs crisp, fast routes, has exceptional hands, gets really good seperation . Like most young players he'll need to work on his blocking and gain more understanding of complex coverages. I really like this kid. He's putting up some good numbers against some of the best HS talent in the country.

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC

Found this dated Sept 22nd but from the other things I have read they do not throw it that much. I saw one game where the QB was 8-11 in a big win. they seem to run the ball more than passing. Also their QB runs in a couple a game, so it does not really help Amari having a dual threat QB.

CLASS 8A-6A RECEIVING
PLAYER
SCH
ATT
YD
AVG
TD
Amari Cooper
NW
Ermon Lane
HOM
Michael Goodluck
SD
Darreal Joyner
CEN
Brandon Snell
CC

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/09/21/2419101/miami-dade-county-football-leaders.html#ixzz1Z3xEu1ec

Crimson Surfer

News|BB|FB|REC, Super Moderator
Jul 14, 2001
Henderson, NV

http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/09/16/2409570/northwestern-downs-coral-gables.html
Hilliard, a senior, accounted for five total touchdowns — four passing and one rushing.

Hilliard finished the game 16 of 21 with 270 passing yards and 27 rushing yards on 5 carries. Hilliard’s favorite targets were Amari Cooper and Elston Lane. Cooper finished with four receptions for 137 yards and a score while Lane had three receptions for 67 yards and two touchdowns — including an 11 yard catch with seven seconds left before halftime to give the Bulls a 33-0 lead at the break.

Northwestern did well on the ground also, seeing Fabian Johnson come off the bench t record a game-high 89 yards on nine carries. It was bittersweet though, because senior running back Rasheed Harrell left the game with an ankle injury.
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/hssports/2011/03/herald-spotlight-amari-cooper.html

mulletover

All-SEC
Dec 1, 2009
Cullman Alabama
Re: Is Amari Cooper Going to Commit to Alabama?

Amari visited Miami yesterday 12/9 and his status on other sites has been updated to a soft verbal. It's that ever familiar time of year where recruiting heats up.

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC

Amari visited Miami yesterday 12/9 and his status on other sites has been updated to a soft verbal. It's that ever familiar time of year where recruiting heats up.
I do not take anything from it. If I remember correctly if a player who is currently commited(verbal) takes an OV the recruiting sites moves the players status to soft. Nothing more.

mulletover

All-SEC
Dec 1, 2009
Cullman Alabama

I do not take anything from it. If I remember correctly if a player who is currently commited(verbal) takes an OV the recruiting sites moves the players status to soft. Nothing more.

Thanks TW, I didn't know that. I really like Cooper's upside. The kid can play. He's the type of WR we want on 3rd and 6. IMO

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

On the Miami Rivals page, Cooper cites that he is now "unsure" of Bama commitment. he states he likes everything about Miami.

staying home, seeing his family and travel expenses were factors for him. AM says he won't take anymore visits to Bama.

per Cooper, Bama doesn't have a "big lead" right now. as of right now, he is not sure where he is heading.

let's see how this one plays out.

TheTradition

All-SEC
Nov 6, 2010
Alabaster, AL

On the Miami Rivals page, Cooper cites that he is now "unsure" of Bama commitment. he states he likes everything about Miami.

staying home, seeing his family and travel expenses were factors for him. AM says he won't take anymore visits to Bama.

per Cooper, Bama doesn't have a "big lead" right now. as of right now, he is not sure where he is heading.

let's see how this one plays out.
I would hate to lose him. Hopefully, he will stick with Bama in the end.

Heisman4Bama

1st Team
Jun 18, 2010

Well, where do we stand with Dorial Green-Beckham? That would be a nice replacement.:biggrin:

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

About time for another house call by Dr. Saban. I suspect the phone conversation has taken place, or will so quickly. We'll know soon enough if Mr. Cooper will be a member of this class.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.