*** WR Amari Cooper Commits to Alabama *** (Update: Page 16)

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Re: Is Amari Cooper Going to Commit to Alabama?

Anything can happen, but I wouldn't worry too much about this one just yet. Realistically we had to know Miami would make a late push and the fact that Cooper has visited was honestly expected at some point. Besides, there is some talk out there that some of the things being attributed to him are really nothing more than dressed-up quotes from homer recruiting site writers, so I'm not reading too much into that just yet.

For those, though, who say "meh" at the notion of losing Cooper, think again. The kid has legitimate talent, and he's at our biggest need position on the roster. If Miami flips him late, that will hurt us badly.

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005

For those, though, who say "meh" at the notion of losing Cooper, think again. The kid has legitimate talent, and he's at our biggest need position on the roster. If Miami flips him late, that will hurt us badly.
Agreed. I wouldn't hesitate to call him the best of our WR commits.

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC

I did not say he is legit, I am saying he is not make or break for this class. Nothing more. In regards to his comments I actually read them in full and they were not as bas as may think. He said he really enjoyed the visit and is thinking about where he wants go to and that he is still commited to UA. Remember he is also an EE so whatever he does we will know soon. He also said he likes being clase to his family but his family does not mind where he goes and that distance is not an issue.

Last edited:

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al

Anything can happen, but I wouldn't worry too much about this one just yet. Realistically we had to know Miami would make a late push and the fact that Cooper has visited was honestly expected at some point. Besides, there is some talk out there that some of the things being attributed to him are really nothing more than dressed-up quotes from homer recruiting site writers, so I'm not reading too much into that just yet.

I'd love to have cooper, but at the same time we preach the one player doesnt make a class line all the time and, especially with this class, I believe it.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I'd love to have cooper, but at the same time we preach the one player doesnt make a class line all the time and, especially with this class, I believe it.
Julio made the 2008 class. We might not know it now, but some players matter more than others.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al

Julio made the 2008 class. We might not know it now, but some players matter more than others.
Really? in a class with hightower, ingram, upshaw, b jones, barron, lester and others is it possible to say that class was made by one guy? dont buy it, never have, never will.

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC

Really? in a class with hightower, ingram, upshaw, b jones, barron, lester and others is it possible to say that class was made by one guy? dont buy it, never have, never will.
Certainly made it in the sense our seasons would have been radically different without him. He was a gigantic piece of our success the last 3 years. Of all the people in that class his absence would have hurt us the most over the last 3 years IMO.

Of course I'm not saying that Cooper is a talent the level of Julio but who knows.

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009

Certainly made it in the sense our seasons would have been radically different without him. He was a gigantic piece of our success the last 3 years. Of all the people in that class his absence would have hurt us the most over the last 3 years IMO.

Of course I'm not saying that Cooper is a talent the level of Julio but who knows.
The same class that had BJ Scott if I remember correctly. We see how that went. The fact we will never know if they do not come and we will never know if they do until after they are gone. Everything at this point is just pure speculation.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

He made play after play for our offense. He was the game changing WR that Bama fans have longed for.

TheTradition

All-SEC
Nov 6, 2010
Alabaster, AL
Re: *** WR Amari Cooper Commits to Alabama ***

I'm not saying Cooper wouldn't be a big loss. I love the kid. I think he is a great player, the best pure receiver in this class IMO. With that said though, one player will never make or break a class as long as CNS is head coach.

I think this will all be a moot point in the end anyways.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

... I am saying he is not make or break for this class. Nothing more.
... is it possible to say that class was made by one guy? dont buy it, never have, never will.
With that said though, one player will never make or break a class as long as CNS is head coach.
You guys are getting off on a tangent and trying to prove a point by discussing something totally unrelated. You might as well be saying losing Cooper won't hurt because you ate your cranberry sauce on the side at Thanksgiving. The two things just aren't related.

The success or failure of an individual class is based on the aggregate performance of the signees and not one individual. That's as obvious as today being Monday. But how about losing your top target at your biggest need position on the roster? That won't break the class, no, but it can (and will) hurt your program and in the end could be the difference between winning and losing a championship (or something else of significant value).

Want a good concrete example? Did losing Reuben Randle in 2009 break that class? No, obviously not, and nowhere near it in fact. Nevertheless, having him on the opposite side of the field on November 5th was the difference between a win and a loss, and that could be true yet again with a national championship on January 9th.

Bottom line: We need Cooper and losing him will hurt badly.

Last edited:

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009

Miami Scout mod is saying the visit may have impressed Cooper but feels Cooper is still going to UA and his commitment will not change. He also feels after Goldman visiting this weekend Miami may gained some ground but that UA still leads for Goldman.

mulletover

All-SEC
Dec 1, 2009
Cullman Alabama

Miami Scout mod is saying the visit may have impressed Cooper but feels Cooper is still going to UA and his commitment will not change. He also feels after Goldman visiting this weekend Miami may gained some ground but that UA still leads for Goldman.
Now that's the kind of stuff I like reading.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa

Cooper will be enrolled in bama. And he will be a great wide out for us also look for dbg to official visit next month

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

the latest from Tidesports writer Aaron Suttles: Cooper has very little interest in Miami. Expects Cooper to stay committed to Bama.

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006

Nevertheless, having him on the opposite side of the field on November 5th was the difference between a win and a loss, and that could be true yet again with a national championship on January 9th.
Can't say I agree with this. Randle was a non-factor in that game. Now if you had said having LSU's PK was the difference I would have agreed wholeheartedly.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.