Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief bayoutider's Avatar

Re: BayouTider Cookbook Coming Soon!

This is Rich's daughter, Amy. Yes, I'm the one who dared to set my wedding date for the same day as the 2008 Alabama vs LSU game. =) He never let me live that down, even though I know he would have missed the entire game to be there and walk me down the isle.

I am so so honored and am grateful for all the kind words and all the things ya'll have done to remember my dad, even though most of you never had the opportunity to meet him in person. He was a great man. He always had something to talk about with anyone he came into contact with, no matter how different their walks in life were. Although times are difficult for us right now, and we have many more obstacles ahead, I am thankful that ya'll continue to "keep him alive" thru these posts. Me and my brother would be honored to have a copy of the cookbook. Please let us know when they are available! As far as the photos go, if ya'll cant find them, I'm sure my brother has some of them saved on his computer, and if not, we could always take a few new ones. With all the games starting, I keep waiting on my phone to ring for my dad to ask where my husband is so he can taunt him (my husband is a die hard longhorn fan!), but the call doesn't come... Thank you again for all of ya'lls support. It really has helped out in the healing process.
    bayoutider1@tidefans.com

"You don't have to flaunt your success, but you don't have to apologize for it, either" -- Gene Stallings

"No coach has ever won a game by what he knows; it's what his players know that counts." -Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American crimsonbleeder's Avatar
    My Mood
    Psychedelic on TideFans.com

what an awesome idea!

Put me down! Gotta have 4 of 'em! Would make nice gifts!
    "No invention in history has been more successful in the collection and display of stupidity than the Internet. "

-Mike Herndon, Press-Register 8/20/08

BamaNation All-American crimsonbleeder's Avatar
    My Mood
    Psychedelic on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by bayoutider View Post
    This is Rich's daughter, Amy. Yes, I'm the one who dared to set my wedding date for the same day as the 2008 Alabama vs LSU game. =) He never let me live that down, even though I know he would have missed the entire game to be there and walk me down the isle.

I am so so honored and am grateful for all the kind words and all the things ya'll have done to remember my dad, even though most of you never had the opportunity to meet him in person. He was a great man. He always had something to talk about with anyone he came into contact with, no matter how different their walks in life were. Although times are difficult for us right now, and we have many more obstacles ahead, I am thankful that ya'll continue to "keep him alive" thru these posts. Me and my brother would be honored to have a copy of the cookbook. Please let us know when they are available! As far as the photos go, if ya'll cant find them, I'm sure my brother has some of them saved on his computer, and if not, we could always take a few new ones. With all the games starting, I keep waiting on my phone to ring for my dad to ask where my husband is so he can taunt him (my husband is a die hard longhorn fan!), but the call doesn't come... Thank you again for all of ya'lls support. It really has helped out in the healing process.
    Hi, Amy...
    thanks for checking in...I've been here a long time and though I never met your dad I felt connected to him. We had great talks about music, about guitars, about the Virgin Islands (me and my wife's secret home away from home) and the Caribbean history. He reminded me of my brother in law who passed away from MS a couple years ago and who I also had multiple similar conversations.

Rich will always live on through his spirit and all those on this site, and for sure through all those in your family who really knew him. We're not naive enough to think that anyone's perfect, but it's so nice to have you and your brother here and validating all that we believed. Thanks for doing that.

God bless all of the Heaton family. We feel like we know you all and will certainly all be here for you guys if you ever need anything.

RTR!
    "No invention in history has been more successful in the collection and display of stupidity than the Internet. "

-Mike Herndon, Press-Register 8/20/08

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Hi Amy! Your post really touched me. I never had the opportunity to meet your father, but your description of him is exactly the way I imagined he was. It does get easier as time passes but the older you get, the more you really know how great an influence he is in your life.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Clubfitter's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

You can put me down for one.
    “What happened yesterday is history. What happens tomorrow is a mystery. What we do today makes a difference - the precious present moment.”
    Coach Nick Saban.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by bayoutider View Post

Hi Amy -

I'm planning on sending the book to print this week. If you could get me some pics of the dogs and/or some pics of Rich, I would really appreciate it. Thanks a million.
    "I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships. Conference championships and national championships. I love it here because that's just not what I want, but what this fanbase expects."
    --Alabama Head Football Coach, Nick Saban

“Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on it’s ability to climb a tree, it will spend it’s whole life believing it is stupid.” — Albert Einstein

BamaNation All-SEC TideRollsInVa's Avatar
    My Mood
    Amused on TideFans.com

This will also be a great Christmas present for any BAMA fan or any fan of cooking. Vinegar Pie, anyone?
    "Just Too Full of BAMA!" ...Tommy Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by TideRollsInVa View Post
    This will also be a great Christmas present for any BAMA fan or any fan of cooking. Vinegar Pie, anyone?
    Thinking the same thing. This will make a great gift for friends!
    "We didn't come here lookin' for a moral victory."
    - Nick Saban, December 5, 2009

BamaNation All-American 2003TIDE's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by WMack4Bama View Post
    I think it would be a great idea to add some photos of the dogs dressed up. I'm having some trouble finding the pics, though. So if you guys can find them and point me in the direction of them,it would be greatly appreciated.
    Here is Peppy in the I hate Mike Vick jersey

http://www.tidefans.com/forums/bayou...-pictures.html

He posted others of the animals in some of his pregame threads. Sorry that's not too specific.

BamaNation Second Team

Put me down for at least one
    "I just want to thank God for blessing me with some athletic talent and letting me play for the University of Alabama."
    -- Derrick Thomas in accepting the Butkus Trophy in 1988.

BamaNation All-American formersoldier71's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Any status update on the BT cookbook?
    Victory... does not depend entirely upon numbers or mere courage; only skill and discipline will insure it. - Vegetius

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by formersoldier71 View Post
    Any status update on the BT cookbook?
    The book itself is done. On hold with some logistic/financial things. Working hard to have it done soon though.
    "I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships. Conference championships and national championships. I love it here because that's just not what I want, but what this fanbase expects."
    --Alabama Head Football Coach, Nick Saban

“Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on it’s ability to climb a tree, it will spend it’s whole life believing it is stupid.” — Albert Einstein

BamaNation Second Team Jay Bama's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Looking forward to it.