The gameday crew (facepalm)

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
Herbstreit: where is alabamas downfield threat...nobody on that roster can replace julio jones (granted thats true but bama has experience receivers and i think bama is gonna have deandre white come out and play great)
corso: bama can't win because there qb is new ( like mcelroy in 09...right??? :rolleyes:)
Desmond Howard: alabama doesn't have any running backs behind Trent richardson...(i can't even respond to that one...like eddie lacey and jalston fowler are walkons or something) He called him "ED" lacey by the way.

these guys.......Just Facepalm

Aren't these guys paid to do research?????

bobmack12champs

1st Team
Mar 1, 2001
Florence, Al. USA
I usually put tne most faith in what Desmond says. I like Herb most of the time. That brings me to Corso...I admire and appreciate his battle with the stroke he had but I don't really have any faith in his predictions or observations.( same can be said about Beano Cook) my opionion only

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
I love it. We are highly ranked but getting little love. Perfect! <evil grin>
Its not the lack of love that gets me (thats fine)..its that these guys don't know what there talking about when there dealing with the preseason number two team in the nation. "ed" lacey...his name is eddie and he is gonna be the Number two RB no matter what. howard made it sound like dee hart was the number two even though lacey saw considerable playing time last year. its just sloppy research and it annoys me.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
It was painful to watch Corso. He called Greg Reid Burt Reid (right team. Wrong generation), and he called Taylor Martinez Tyler Martin-Ez

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Herbstreit: where is alabamas downfield threat...nobody on that roster can replace julio jones (granted thats true but bama has experience receivers and i think bama is gonna have deandre white come out and play great)
corso: bama can't win because there qb is new ( like mcelroy in 09...right??? :rolleyes:)
Desmond Howard: alabama doesn't have any running backs behind Trent richardson...(i can't even respond to that one...like eddie lacey and jalston fowler are walkons or something) He called him "ED" lacey by the way.

these guys.......Just Facepalm

Aren't these guys paid to do research?????
Hmm. Where have I heard this one before?

"Alabama is one-dimensional on offense."

(Nobody can replace Jones, but let's forget Jones was much better in 2010 than 2009 - and we lost 3 games. I'm not blaming Jones I'm just pointing out).

New QB? Hmm.

1989 - Gary Hollingsworth started the year as the third string QB and was SEC player of the year on a conference champion
1992 - Jay Barker entered the year with four career starts.
1999 - fresh-soph combo won the SEC
2009 - McElroy first start vs Va Tech

And if I recall correctly, Saban won an SEC title when his QB went down DURING the SECCG (2001) - and Matt Mauck was not exactly the
second coming of Peyton Manning, either.

But I'll bet these guys can give you why Boise State deserves consideration, can't they?

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
Hmm. Where have I heard this one before?

"Alabama is one-dimensional on offense."

(Nobody can replace Jones, but let's forget Jones was much better in 2010 than 2009 - and we lost 3 games. I'm not blaming Jones I'm just pointing out).

New QB? Hmm.

1989 - Gary Hollingsworth started the year as the third string QB and was SEC player of the year on a conference champion
1992 - Jay Barker entered the year with four career starts.
1999 - fresh-soph combo won the SEC
2009 - McElroy first start vs Va Tech

And if I recall correctly, Saban won an SEC title when his QB went down DURING the SECCG (2001) - and Matt Mauck was not exactly the
second coming of Peyton Manning, either.

But I'll bet these guys can give you why Boise State deserves consideration, can't they?
Its more like how FSU (howards pick) and Oregon (herbies pick) to beat alabama in the national title game....ok i like FSU..i do...but they haven't even proven they can win there own conference (which hasn't been that great of a conference..in well ever) in the last ten years. and now ole jimbos gonna take down his teacher in his second year????

and herbies playing that oregon is gonna be fired up cause auburn beat them last year card (hey how did that work for your alma mater in 07 herbie) these guys think that bama is gonna be some stepping stone to the end of sec dominance...if you think bama is a stepping stone...you better watch the first step CAUSE ITS A DOOZY!!!!:mad2:

GOD IM FIRED UP !!!!

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Its more like how FSU (howards pick) and Oregon (herbies pick) to beat alabama in the national title game....ok i like FSU..i do...but they haven't even proven they can win there own conference (which hasn't been that great of a conference..in well ever) in the last ten years. and now ole jimbos gonna take down his teacher in his second year????
Wait a minute - I didn't see any of this.

Are you telling me that they have a team with
a) no proven QB
b) no proven receiver to replace Jones
c) no running back behind TR

are you telling me that team is STILL SO GOOD they're picking it to go the the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME?

That must be the greatest defense ever assembled then.

and herbies playing that oregon is gonna be fired up cause auburn beat them last year card (hey how did that work for your alma mater in 07 herbie) these guys think that bama is gonna be some stepping stone to the end of sec dominance...if you think bama is a stepping stone...you better watch the first step CAUSE ITS A DOOZY!!!!:mad2:

GOD IM FIRED UP !!!!
Well, shouldn't Oregon have been fired up after they lost the Rose Bowl to Ohio State?

I mean really folks.

SavannahDare

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Gulf Breeze, Florida
"Love" from the Gameday crew is not required and, frankly, unwanted. I would far rather they get it wrong than for them to jump on the bandwagon. I don't want anyone on the bandwagon that's not an Alabama fan. All Kirk Herbstreit needs to do is sit there and look pretty for me. I don't need him to like my team.

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
"Love" from the Gameday crew is not required and, frankly, unwanted. I would far rather they get it wrong than for them to jump on the bandwagon. I don't want anyone on the bandwagon that's not an Alabama fan. All Kirk Herbstreit needs to do is sit there and look pretty for me. I don't need him to like my team.
i would kind of like them to get the players names right... i don't care about love from the gameday crew as well but at least have your opinion be based off of something that makes logical sense and act like you did research into what you are talking about...but i have a feeling we watch gameday for diffrent reasons ;)

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
You're probably right, to some degree. I'm actually entertained by their mistakes. I do enjoy most of their in-depth segments. I don't give much credence to their analyses. And I most certainly enjoy looking at Kirk Herbstreit. Most certainly. :blush:
then you will love this video i found on youtube ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4J4s2Z0xMY

hahahahaha i actually like herbie and have nothing against him...im just kind of jerk sometimes...its part of my charm :biggrin:

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
I don't think they even know what they are going to say. It is all written for entertainment value and I enjoy it too. I would much rather be under-rated than over-rated anyway, better to take by surprise. I have actually seen segments early in the day with one picking a winner and later in the day picking the other team. It's show and hype.

bobmack12champs

1st Team
Mar 1, 2001
Florence, Al. USA
Especially Corso........I remember on Stallings coaches show when he was still at Bama....a caller told something (don't remember)that Corso had said about Bama: coach Stalling said(and I might add quite testy) "yea, well where's he coaching now!".

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
Yesterday, Fowler was tweeting away about the "surprises" on the show today and how FSU fans should tune in. After reading those, I decided to skip the show. I am so glad I did. Those guys have become irrevelant. ESPN should post a preshow disclaimer stating that "the following is for entertainment purposes only."

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Especially Corso........I remember on Stallings coaches show when he was still at Bama....a caller told something (don't remember)that Corso had said about Bama: coach Stalling said(and I might add quite testy) "yea, well where's he coaching now!".
You're talking about the 2 weeks leading up to the 1991 Iron Bowl. We were #8 in the nation but consider our more recent games:

Tennessee, W, 24-19 (but Vols got ball back at midfield with 1:45 left)
MSU, W, 13-7 (Dawgs had first and goal at the four with 2 minutes left and got nothing)
LSU, W, 20-17 (London blocked a game-tying FG with about five minutes left
Memphis State, W, 10-7 (10-0 lead in first courtesy of a 76-yard TD pass but Memphis missed a shot to tie us late in the fourth)

So when you look at that resume (remember, LSU stunk in 1991 and we blew a 24-6 lead against the Vols - and our only TD in the MSU game was on an interception return for TD).....you look at that and say, "incredibly lucky."

So Corso (I don't remember who he picked to win the game) said that Alabama "is the worst 9-1 team in the country." Stallings retorted that Corso ought to know a bad team when he sees one because all of his teams were pretty lousy.

I still remember that end of year vividly. All the anti-Tide folks in Columbus, MS were stirred with delight. I can't tell you how many times I heard, "Colorado's going to beat the (bad word) out of Alabama." Just that dogmatically - no research or commentary, just a claim. It was delicious - and made me remind people the very next year when Colorado was replaced in the same sentence by Miami.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.