2013 S Anthony Conner Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
It's come to the point that I hate to even think about some of the names which could get squeezed out...
well there have been a few well known guys that might be grade casualties. One is a DB so the increased push for conner and bell make sense.

one of our Dline commits is being rumored as being a close call on grades, which may have something to do with our surge in DLine recruits but that particular recruit is a must take no matter wha,t in my opinion, and we sign him regardless of grades and hope for the best much like Hill last year.

Second year this 25 hard cap has been a pain in the butt, thats for sure. seems we're the only team that doesn't get to sign 30 a year.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
well there have been a few well known guys that might be grade casualties. One is a DB so the increased push for conner and bell make sense.

one of our Dline commits is being rumored as being a close call on grades, which may have something to do with our surge in DLine recruits but that particular recruit is a must take no matter wha,t in my opinion, and we sign him regardless of grades and hope for the best much like Hill last year.

Second year this 25 hard cap has been a pain in the butt, thats for sure. seems we're the only team that doesn't get to sign 30 a year.
Well, I hope we don't next year, because it would show we screwed up big time. BTW, I'm hearing Conner is still a hard pull, despite the national predictions...

257WBY

Suspended
Aug 20, 2011
A Clarion-Ledger reporter was talking to the SP coach pre-season several years ago. He ask coach what kids he had that might make the state Dandy Dozen. Coach told the reporter that his best player wasn't even on the team yet. He was in 8th grade. He was referring to Conner. The thing I like about the kid is he is a football player as well as having all the measurables.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
In an insider article today Conner broke down his top three (UA, MSU, Miss). You can tell this kid likes what we have going on, because he compares it to the tradition and work ethic his High School has. In my predictions I say we land him, and I hope we do... He is one of those difference makers, on the field and in the locker room.

CrimsonTide13

Suspended
Aug 12, 2011
Huntsville, AL
In an insider article today Conner broke down his top three (UA, MSU, Miss). You can tell this kid likes what we have going on, because he compares it to the tradition and work ethic his High School has. In my predictions I say we land him, and I hope we do... He is one of those difference makers, on the field and in the locker room.
This

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I hope we get him as well! Mississippi talent has been good to us!

Sent from Jay's iPhone via Tapatalk
I could take this thread a completely different direction but won't. Instead, look up any other Anthony Conner threads to see how well the state of Mississippi has been for Alabama.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.