*** WR / RB Bo Scarbrough Signs With Alabama ***

Crimson Surfer

News|BB|FB|REC, Super Moderator
Jul 14, 2001
Henderson, NV
Re: 2014 RB Bo Scarbrough

http://www.tuscpreps.com/news/article/25765/patriots-win-battle-of-unbeatens/
But the turning point in the game came early as Scarbrough took a toss sweep right and had his cleat catch in the grass as he was tackled, knocking him out with an injured left knee with 1:31 left in the first quarter. Scarbrough was taken to the locker room and later came out to the sideline on crutches. Coach Mike Smith described the injury as “very serious” and said Scarbrough would see a doctor in the coming days to determine the extent of the damage.

Smith said the loss of Scarbrough took away a large part of the playbook.

“A lot of our stuff went out the window when Bo got hurt,” Smith said. “It was pretty deflating for the kids. One guy doesn’t make a team, but he’s an awfully big guy to lose.”

namath70

Scout Team
Jun 16, 2009

Seen Bo last night at the Bama/Tennessee game. He was leaving after the end of the game being transported around in the back of a golf cart with his leg in some sort of straight leg contraption. Tough to see him like that.

Crimson Surfer

News|BB|FB|REC, Super Moderator
Jul 14, 2001
Henderson, NV

Bo Scarbrough had a season ending knee injury which an MRI revealed to be a torn ACL on his left leg. He is scheduled to have surgery on Tuesday, Oct. 25th and start his rehab shortly thereafter. I wish him the best and a speedy recovery.

Last edited:

CapstoneGrad06

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2006
Houston, Texas

Bo Scarbrough had a season ending knee injury which an MRI revealed to be a torn ACL on his left leg. He is scheduled to have surgery on Tuesday, Nov. 25th and start his rehab shortly thereafter. I wish him the best and a speedy recovery.
I'm hoping you mean tomorrow, and not a month from now.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Recovery is going well, and personally I saw him last weekend telling people that he was going to 'Bama.

He might play the game a little bit -- heck, I probably would -- but this kid is staying in Tuscaloosa when all is said and done. This isn't Marcus Manson: Part II.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Recovery is going well, and personally I saw him last weekend telling people that he was going to 'Bama.

He might play the game a little bit -- heck, I probably would -- but this kid is staying in Tuscaloosa when all is said and done. This isn't Marcus Manson: Part II.
That's great to hear. This kid looks like the real deal (TJ real) and I like keeping the elite state recruits in-state (especially with us).

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Echoing BET...only way Bo doesn't go to Bama is if Bama doesn't seriously want him (and i can't see how that could even be possible) because he seriously wants to go to Bama.

CapstoneGrad06

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2006
Houston, Texas
Re: 2014 RB Bo Scarbrough has an Alabama offer

He stated in an article released today that Alabama leads by a wide margin, and we're recruiting him the hardest by far.

DurdenTider

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2011
Mobile, AL

I think the biggest question is what position will he play at UA, not if he's going to UA. WR, RB or Defense? And will he be the number one overall recruit in 2014? Still a looooong time from now but I feel good about UA's chances here

CapstoneGrad06

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2006
Houston, Texas

I think the biggest question is what position will he play at UA, not if he's going to UA. WR, RB or Defense? And will he be the number one overall recruit in 2014? Still a looooong time from now but I feel good about UA's chances here
In the same article I read, he stated he would really like to play WR in our offense. However, he was willing to play wherever he would be needed.

DurdenTider

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2011
Mobile, AL

I read that too. I think Bo at WR could be very interesting but I still see him as a RB just b/c it's all I've seen of him

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I read that too. I think Bo at WR could be very interesting but I still see him as a RB just b/c it's all I've seen of him
Isn't he too big to be a running back in our system? He's 6'1 (same as Yeldon) as a Sophomore. If he grows another 2 inches, I don't see him being able to play running back for us at 6'3.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Scarbrough has mentioned wide receiver several times and he might end up there. He's already around 6'2 and 210 pounds at 16 years old, so if he grows a tad bit more it's not crazy to think he might eventually be a 6'3 or 6'4 kid whose frame could hold 220-225 pounds. He could simply outgrow the tailback position.

We'll see from here, but I know the short career of tailbacks has to push him towards wide receiver. With his frame he could play both now, so I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he ended up there.

The notion of him being the next bona fide star tailback is somewhat premature. Could easily split out wide by the time he arrives on campus.

DurdenTider

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2011
Mobile, AL

With his size he could end up being a hybrid position at H-back, TE and WR depending on the defensive scheme. With that size going into a wideout position blocking a 180lbs CB is going to be easy. I could see UA running TJ Yeldon wide like in the A Day games and having Bo lead block and we'd be talking 10 yards consistantly

crmsntd91

1st Team
Sep 30, 2010

They have a little interview with him on Tidesports, and apparently he is an Oklahoma fan? Anyone know why a kid from Tuscaloosa is an OU fan?

I also thought it was funny in the interview they asked who he thought would offer next. " Prolly Auburn, because I got an Alabama offer". Even the recruits know Auburn can't evaluate talent on their own!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.