*** WR / RB Bo Scarbrough Signs With Alabama ***

CapstoneGrad06

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2006
Houston, Texas
Re: 2014 RB Bo Scarbrough has an Alabama offer

They have a little interview with him on Tidesports, and apparently he is an Oklahoma fan? Anyone know why a kid from Tuscaloosa is an OU fan?
Jameis Winston grew up an Oklahoma fan as well. We haven't quite gotten through that rough patch from 2000-2006, with in-state kids whole sale growing up as Alabama fans. Programs like Oklahoma, Texas, USC, and Florida were the top programs of their first conscious memories of college football.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Think of it this way, when these Class of 2013 kids were eight years old, the year was 2003, Alabama was going 4-9 with losses to mighty Northern Illinois and Hawai'i, was not eligible for a bowl game, and had just gone through three head coaches in five months.

Moving forward, we would finish ranked one time in the next five seasons and compile precisely zero wins over Auburn and LSU. We didn't get good again until after these kids hit puberty and were almost in high school.

Not shockingly, in-state kid or not, lots of these kids grew up as bandwagon fans of other programs.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Bo participated in the Nike Football Training Camp in Atlanta this past weekend. It was was made up of mostly rising seniors and some juinors. Bo was named the #7 overall player at the event as a JR (top rated JR). Not surprisinly Reuben F was the top recruit and Kamara was #2. I had not seen a photo of Bo except in his uniform but all I can say is WOW. The kid already has a NFL body. Article is linked below.

http://247sports.com/Article/Best-of-Atlanta-NFTC-71098

Edit: TIFWIW, he worked out at WR during this event.

Last edited:

crmsntd91

1st Team
Sep 30, 2010

As good as Bo may look at RB, I think when he makes it to The UA, he will be a WR we won't forget. His body looks even more developed than Julio's did coming out of HS. Whether he works as hard as Julio, will determine just how good he is.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006

As good as Bo may look at RB, I think when he makes it to The UA, he will be a WR we won't forget. His body looks even more developed than Julio's did coming out of HS. Whether he works as hard as Julio, will determine just how good he is.
And he's not even a Senior yet. He is going to be a tremendous player, but as you say, JJ separated himself with his work ethic, just like TR has done.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

Think of it this way, when these Class of 2013 kids were eight years old, the year was 2003, Alabama was going 4-9 with losses to mighty Northern Illinois and Hawai'i, was not eligible for a bowl game, and had just gone through three head coaches in five months.

Moving forward, we would finish ranked one time in the next five seasons and compile precisely zero wins over Auburn and LSU. We didn't get good again until after these kids hit puberty and were almost in high school.

Not shockingly, in-state kid or not, lots of these kids grew up as bandwagon fans of other programs.
now here is the flip side to this story, kids who are growing up witnessing Alabama dominate in the Nick Saban era (2007-present) will become life-long Tide fans. not just in-state, but throughout the Southeast and hopefully beyond.

Coach Bryant cemented the Crimson Tide lore in the early 60's. his larger than life persona left a burning image in the minds of your average American with a tradition of great teams and wins. America took noticed of Tuscaloosa from all corners of the country. Coach Saban is the next great coach at Bama to carried on the torch. Alabama is a national brand, sometimes it sells well depending on who is behind the product.

Last edited:

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture

tons more developed and he's still in high school..he looks like he's been in the NFL for 8 years but he's 15-16 years old. Unreal

http://auburn.247sports.com/Article/Best-of-Alanta-NFTC-71113

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL

how great would it be for him to be able to play multiple positions and be a dominant player so bama fans can say "Bo knows how to play wide receiver, defense, running back" the barners would have a rage stroke...

TideorDie87

3rd Team
Dec 24, 2011

That picture is ridiculous. He could end up being a Calvin Johnson/Andre Johnson type if he gets taller and sticks with WR.
I would love to see this kid at the H back. We could do some special things with that position or a Hybrid WR/H-back.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture

if he doesnt get any taller i would love to see him stick with RB. before summer started he was actually closer to 6ft1 than 6ft 2 but we will see if he gets any taller. He has Adrian Peterson written all over him.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.