*** WR / RB Bo Scarbrough Signs With Alabama ***

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
Re: 2014 WR / RB Bo Scarbrough has an Alabama offer

Has gone on record to day will commit to ua @ end of summer or by then. And how he wants to be the first commitment of this class also saw this
@AndrewJBone Asked Bo Scarborough if he still plans on camping at #Auburn, "No, I'm not even going to waste my time down there anymore."

Last edited:

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

Has gone on record to day will commit to ua @ end of summer or by then. And how he wants to be the first commitment of this class also saw this
@AndrewJBone Asked Bo Scarborough if he still plans on camping at #Auburn, "No, I'm not even going to waste my time down there anymore."
Gotta love comments like that!! :biggrin:

BAMAccounting10

3rd Team
Oct 1, 2010

Bo is one baaaaaaaaad mamma jamma. Hes gonna look pretty darn good in Crimson. RTR

DurdenTider

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2011
Mobile, AL

The comment he made didn't say that he's committing to UA in the end of the summer, just that he's committing in the end of the summer and we're in his top 5. He did talk about being the first commitment of the 2014 class for UA and how that would be special but not that he's committing to UA. With that being said, he's more than likely committing to UA at the end of the summer and he'll be a great first commitment just like Reuben Foster is a great very early commitment in the 2013 class.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville

Great news! It seems like getting a top prospect early is a big goal of the Alabama recruiting staff. Reuben Foster, Haha Clinton Dix, Eddie Williams, were all 5 star commits early in the process. Bo would be a great fit for that role. It seems he is an attractor. Other kids love being around him. He has influence. And you know he'll be at every game this year to help recruit other prospects coming in on visits. He'll be a special player no matter where he plays, but he just screams Jack linebacker to me. If he keeps growing, I hope he is open-minded to growing into another position because i don't think he's done growing yet.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
Great news! It seems like getting a top prospect early is a big goal of the Alabama recruiting staff. Reuben Foster, Haha Clinton Dix, Eddie Williams, were all 5 star commits early in the process. Bo would be a great fit for that role. It seems he is an attractor. Other kids love being around him. He has influence. And you know he'll be at every game this year to help recruit other prospects coming in on visits. He'll be a special player no matter where he plays, but he just screams Jack linebacker to me. If he keeps growing, I hope he is open-minded to growing into another position because i don't think he's done growing yet.
He will play offense and play rb or wr @ bama

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Bo will end up at 'Bama, the real question is what position he ends up. He's twenty months from NSD and two years from reporting to campus, and if he gets any bigger during that time I think we're probably going to see him move out wide.

Can't make any meaningful guess at the underlying genetics, but most kids who are 6'2 by the time they are 16 usually aren't 6'2 by the time they turn 18 or 19. I would think he still has another inch or two in him, so WR is probably the smart money bet.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina

Bo will end up at 'Bama, the real question is what position he ends up. He's twenty months from NSD and two years from reporting to campus, and if he gets any bigger during that time I think we're probably going to see him move out wide.

Can't make any meaningful guess at the underlying genetics, but most kids who are 6'2 by the time they are 16 usually aren't 6'2 by the time they turn 18 or 19. I would think he still has another inch or two in him, so WR is probably the smart money bet.
That's not always the case. Most of the time the great players in HS have already fully matured...which is one reason they are better than others. The great exception to this is OL's -- who seem to mature more slowly...at least it takes them longer to grow into their position.

The difficult aspect of recruiting is deciding which kids are fully mature and are just about as good as they will ever be -- and which one's will grow into being a much better college player than they were in HS. This is one of the reasons we see a number of players from smaller schools making it in the NFL while higher ranked players (in HS) falter.

That being said -- who knows? From his video this kid looks like the real deal and I hope we get him -- as it looks like we will.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006

Can't they just measure his femur and be done with guessing his size? :)

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

Bo is a beast..A workout warrior like Trent..He will look great in Crimson..

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.