*** WR / RB Bo Scarbrough Signs With Alabama ***

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Re: Bo scarbrough

A guy from 247 Sports recruiting was asked on Memphis radio yesterday about Scarbrough being a possible surprise pick-up for Ole Miss. (Already forgot is name and may not remember it if I heard it again.) He may have just been pumping up the locals but he said that there is a good chance on this; also mentioned large number of running backs at Bama being a factor. Said he expects Ole Miss to have at least one big surprise commitment on signing day...

Anyone heard anything new regarding Scarbrough's commitment to Bama?
Ole Mi$$ really wants to win don't they? If he flips to Ole Mi$$ then there's no doubt in my mind they're making it rain in Oxford.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio

Ole Mi$$ really wants to win don't they? If he flips to Ole Mi$$ then there's no doubt in my mind they're making it rain in Oxford.
If Scarborough is influenced by $$, then we're probably a lot better off if he does flip.

He's a great athelete, but I prefer the ones with higher character and bigger goals than that. Other problems tend to come along with them otherwise, IMO.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Ole Miss has been a real contender here for quite some time, so that is nothing new. And for the record, to Alabama fans, the much bigger threat for Scarbrough remains in the classroom, not Oxford.

Last edited:

crimsonseal12

3rd Team
Aug 10, 2011
Gulfport, Ms

I think the only threat is the class room. Bo is just enjoying the process. He is a bama lock.

Ole Miss has been a real contender here for quite some time, so that is nothing new. And for the record, to Alabama fans, the much bigger threat for Scarbrough remains in the classroom, not Oxford.

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms

He has been Bama's for so long, it would be surprising to go somewhere else; but there had to be disappointment over him knowing he was a big time recruit for several years and still missing out on academics
I think the only threat is the class room. Bo is just enjoying the process. He is a bama lock.

hacksaw830

2nd Team
Jan 20, 2007

Awe Buzzard, you know that little greater than thou, woodchuck looking, buck toothed bible thumper of a coach wouldn't dare have a player on his roster that was on the take.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

In terms of actual news, Bo will be in Tuscaloosa this weekend. His academics will be first and foremost on the agenda.

Phil4Bama

Nov 25, 2007
Re: *** 2014 WR / RB Bo Scarbrough commits to Alabama ***

Bo is recruiting others awfully hard for Bama not to be coming here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

Like the mods said I'm more worried about his grades than him going to Ol Siss.

BJ4TIDE

All-SEC
Aug 11, 2007

At least he'll be closer to UA this year...

Andrew Bone@AndrewJBone 2m
Five-star athlete Bo Scarbrough will transfer from IMG Academy to Tuscaloosa County next week to complete his senior year. #Alabama
I would love to know the behind the scenes info on this story. It would be interesting to know if there was some loophole found to assist Bo in catching up on school related things, etc. Situations like this concern me. If a kid is so far behind on school work, as he evidently was, that they may not be eligible to graduate or gain entry into colleges, why isn't it addressed far sooner by the schools?

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006

people are working to find out what this means academically.....i could see it being good or "no chance".....
Doesn't AL have an exit exam and FL does not? That'd be a hurdle BS would have to jump academically at Tuscaloosa Aca. Going back to the school where he had academic issues initially doesn't bode well imho. Hopefully I'm wrong.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Way too early to read the tea leaves on this one just yet. As RTO mentions, this could mean bad news or good news on his academics, and frankly no one should rule out the possibility that he may just be ready to move back home. He's got some very close ties to his family, and that has been mentioned several times the past couple of months as being difficult for him so far away from home.

We'll see. Stay tuned.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville

He looked really good in the slot at the UA game. He could be another percy Harvin type player who can multiple positions. Whatever he did at IMG, I hoped it worked.
RTR

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al

This is all speculation, but I can only see it (as said above) as one of two things:

1.) He has no chance of finishing up and so he might as well come home and do what he can.

or

2.) He caught up enough at IMG during his first semester, that he can now come home to finish out his year close to family and the University.

I HOPE this is #2, because I think Bo is going to be special no matter where he plays on the field, and I'd much rather have him sooner rather then him having to go the juco route.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn

I have an account over at tidesports and Bone seems to think that our staff isnothappy about this. TIFWIW

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama

Doesn't AL have an exit exam and FL does not? That'd be a hurdle BS would have to jump academically at Tuscaloosa Aca. Going back to the school where he had academic issues initially doesn't bode well imho. Hopefully I'm wrong.
Bo should have already taken the exit exam, or the majority of it--you start taking it in your 10th grade year and have until your 12th to complete it. It is no longer a requirement if you are Class of 2015 and down, though.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.