*** WR / RB Bo Scarbrough Signs With Alabama ***

Airborne Tider

All-American
Aug 2, 2008
Fort Benning
Re: *** 2014 WR / RB Bo Scarbrough commits to Alabama ***

Uh, I get that - I was responding to the "if it helps" post. I would not think that a RB recruit would have been "blown away" yesterday. But he has been to better games at Alabama before, so it is probably meaningless.
If that was your response there is never a time having a recruit on campus is bad thing.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

If that was your response there is never a time having a recruit on campus is bad thing.
Sorry, could not disagree more. Not every game experience is a good one, and all it takes is one really bad experience to sour a recruit.

Airborne Tider

All-American
Aug 2, 2008
Fort Benning

Sorry, could not disagree more. Not every game experience is a good one, and all it takes is one really bad experience to sour a recruit.
That's fine. Completely entitled to your opinion. I have followed Bo's recruitment for a long time. I will stick to what I said, getting him on campus is never a bad thing.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

You are right that every experience isn't a good one, but for the most part recruits don't tend to pay a great deal of attention to the game itself. Frankly, a lot of times kids even leave well before it's over. Typically, they are much more concerned with campus, campus life in general, interactions with the coaching staff, tours of facilities, speaking with academic advisers and administrators, etc.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al

If quality of the game mattered so much I'd like someone to explain Kentucky and Tennessee recruiting classes right now.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

If quality of the game mattered so much I'd like someone to explain Kentucky and Tennessee recruiting classes right now.
Well, UK girls like to tweet boob pics.... :biggrin2:

(and if anyone doesn't know what I'm talking about, after Matt Elam announced his top two of Bama and UK, he got quite a few boobs tweeted to him by UK girls)

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL

Two friends and I are going October 11th to Bradenton to see IMG play Lake Minneola. I will post info that weekend about the game and Bo's night.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Scarbrough was in Oxford this weekend, taking an official visit to Ole Miss for the Texas A&M game. Also, no clue if it holds up, but he's currently planning on going to South Bend this weekend for the USC v. Notre Dame game.

Not sure why a kid with that much academic work to do would be doing all of that jetsetting in October, but I guess you can call me the cynic.

allybama2009

1st Team
Jan 1, 2009
Conway, SC

I have a feeling he will not stick with the Tide. He has moved ( i know to get academics in order) but now all these trips. I know kids want to get the different experiences at the different universities, but I'm with you BET, if he has this much work to do with his academics, stay home and get your work done. You are already committed to the #1 team in the land. Roll Tide

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Scarbrough was on campus in Tuscaloosa this weekend after taking official visits to Ole Miss and Notre Dame the past two weekends.

Still nothing new of note on his academic status. There has been some talk about his academic situation improving, but nothing definitive and you just about always hear that with potential academic casualties regardless of their actual academic standing. Stay tuned.

sdm24

Dec 30, 2012
Bo scarbrough

Why is he listed as a soft verbal on some recruiting sites now?? Does anyone have any ideas?

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Re: Bo scarbrough

A guy from 247 Sports recruiting was asked on Memphis radio yesterday about Scarbrough being a possible surprise pick-up for Ole Miss. (Already forgot his name and may not remember it if I heard it again.) He may have just been pumping up the locals but he said that there is a good chance on this; also mentioned large number of running backs at Bama being a factor. Said he expects Ole Miss to have at least one big surprise commitment on signing day...

Anyone heard anything new regarding Scarbrough's commitment to Bama?

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.