*** WR / RB Bo Scarbrough Signs With Alabama ***

CapstoneGrad06

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2006
Houston, Texas
Re: 2014 Bo Scarbrough

It has been a while since Tuscaloosa County produced a prospect of this potential caliber. I believe Markus Manson, in the 2004 class, was the last 5-star from the Tuscaloosa area.

Crimson Surfer

News|BB|FB|REC, Super Moderator
Jul 14, 2001
Henderson, NV

Your video viewing assignment.

http://www.tuscpreps.com/news/article/23310/sophomore-scarbrough-already-making-waves/
Scarbrough is a 6-foot-2, 215-pound sophomore who could start for any team in the state, regardless of classification, program or roster size. And there are some who believe and will tell you, with a straight face mind you, that, physically, he could start for some college programs, too.

As crazy as that sounds, they just might be right. After all, he runs a 4.3-second 40-yard-dash.

Last edited:

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006

It has been a while since Tuscaloosa County produced a prospect of this potential caliber. I believe Markus Manson, in the 2004 class, was the last 5-star from the Tuscaloosa area.
Manson wasn't a 5 star (he was a fairly high ranked 4).

Bearden

Aug 4, 2011
Re: 2014 RB Bo Scarbrough

Runs like a faster Shaun Alexander .A sophomore ? WOW will probably be top 10 in the country ,and hes in our backyard .Big Plus !

labamafan70769

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 3, 2010

Runs like a faster Shaun Alexander .A sophomore ? WOW will probably be top 10 in the country ,and hes in our backyard .Big Plus !

Please tell me this kid grew up a Bama fan. I am tired of Bama having to find elite backs out of state that are hard to pull.

Crimson Surfer

Jul 14, 2001
Henderson, NV

Please tell me this kid grew up a Bama fan. I am tired of Bama having to find elite backs out of state that are hard to pull.
According to his HS coach in the interview above, Scarbrough does not have any obvious allegiances. I am pretty sure Bama will zero in on him like a laser and there will be nothing to seriously worry about with his Bama recruitment. That is just a hunch. I certainly hope he likes mama's home cooking. ;)

Last edited:

bonehouse81

All-SEC
Jun 30, 2006
Clarksville, TN

Wow -- he's very impressive, especially for a sophomore.

(Wait ... those YouTube highlights were posted Aug. 26, 2011. Were those *freshman* highlights?)

Last edited:

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006

He was on one of the other sites that was more highly regarded at the time. Rivals and Scout didn't have nearly the reputation then, that they have now.
Rivals and Scout were both still top sites back in '04, granted they weren't as big back then as they are now, but that's indicative of how big recruiting has gotten (not what kind of company they were).

HITIDE

1st Team
Jul 6, 2003
TRINITY, AL., USA

May be a better receiver than RB.
With 2 years to grow, before college, he may be 6'4"-5", 230-240 lbs when he signs. That size with 4.3 speed could make him > than Julio........or even Ro (if he can play D).
Speed is a killer but on a big man it is even more lethal. Hope he likes Bama.

Crimson Surfer

Jul 14, 2001
Henderson, NV

He looks ENORMOUS compared to the QB, how long until his signing day:frown:
... Feb. 2014. He looks to be worth the wait and a heavy pursuit by the Bama staff. ;)

http://www.tuscpreps.com/news/article/23397/jaguars-scarborough-gashes-wildcats/
NORTHPORT | After seven years of trying, the time finally came for the Jaguars faithful. Northridge High beat Tuscaloosa County for the first time in school history, 35-21, on Friday night.

Bo Scarbrough carried the offense for home-standing Northridge (2-0) when it needed it most, rushing for 109 yards in the second half. The sophomore running back toyed with the TCHS (0-2) defense, running through and around defenders all night. He finished the game with 195 yards rushing and two touchdowns.

"We challenged Bo as a player. If you're going to be a great player, you have to do great things in great games," said Northridge coach Mike Smith. "He came through tonight."
http://alabama.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1260554

Last edited:

Braveheart

All-SEC
Feb 12, 2006

Wow. Amazing to be THAT big, strong and fast as a sophomore. Ought to be unbelievable by the time he's a senior.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.