What is Chris Jordan's status?

Andy

3rd Team
Jan 21, 2005
I noticed in one of the participation charts that he did not play. He has played a lot on special teams in the past and has contributed at linebacker. Is it possible that he is being red shirted this year, so that he can compete to start next year, since most likley we will lose three starters at linebacker? I know that is unusual, but it is just a thought. Anyone?

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Re: What is Chris Jordan's staus?

From the official participation report, it looks like a DNP. He was definitely suited up though.

REBELZED

All-American
Dec 6, 2006

Chris Jordan is one of the guys that I always kinda felt bad for. He is an excellent player and would start for almost any other school, but he had the misfortune of coming into the program when we've had some of the best talent at LB that we've had in a loooong time. I actually wouldn't mind at all to see him get a RS and be able to man the middle next season...

Lost in TN

1st Team
Sep 20, 2009
Collierville, TN

:BigA:I agree. He is a great talent that is the victim of too much talent around him. I think that the redshirt idea makes sense because of what we will be facing next year.

AlexD

1st Team
Jun 19, 2009

Wow I'm glad you brought this up. It will be interesting to find out.

Crimson Surfer

News|BB|FB|REC, Super Moderator
Jul 14, 2001
Henderson, NV

I was hoping for a strong ST and LB performance for Jordan this season. I really thought this would be his year to get into the rotation at LB. I have not heard anything about any injury to him or any other concerns that would have kept him from playing. I was expecting him to get some good playing time against KSU. I looked for him throughtout the game and did not see him in the game at all.

MVKTR2

1st Team
May 29, 2008

hmmmm enkramestin

Unless he's injured one's got to assume that he's still ahead of some of the MLB/WLB who saw action Sat. It's a great plan for both he and Alabama if they are attempting to redshirt him.

I think enough of Chris Jordan that I believe he makes an NFL roster if he were leaving this year even playing behind Mosley, Hightower, & Johnson... he's a good player with solid measurables.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

Well the young man has always impressed me as a player.

If he is indeed being redshirted and accepting it for the good of both the team and possibly himself it shows me a great deal of character.

Still, If you think about it a redshirt would actually make sense. You have a guy with experience that would be staying for another year and you have some younger guys who will be gaining experience and becoming a year older to replace Hightower and probably Nico and possibly Harris.

If Saban is that in depth with his strategy and roster maintenance he is even more incredible than I already think he is.

sip

LCN

FB | REC Moderator
Sep 29, 2005

Trey Depriest flew by him and I don't think a redshirt would make things any different come next Fall either . Chris is a talented player , but unless he were to move over to SLB next Spring I don't think we'll see as much of him going forward .

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al

Trey Depriest flew by him and I don't think a redshirt would make things any different come next Fall either . Chris is a talented player , but unless he were to move over to SLB next Spring I don't think we'll see as much of him going forward .
seems to be a good leader and very solid backup, Cant see a reason not to try and keep him around for extra time, if that is indeed whats going on.

LCN

FB | REC Moderator
Sep 29, 2005

Chris and Arie Kouandijo are still nicked up a bit and not suiting up .

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.