UGA Joke

thunderz7

1st Team
Nov 6, 2001
northeast alabama usa
When the University of Georgia football team took the field Saturday in their dreadful Nike Combat Uniforms, Barbara and Vince Dooley were in their sky box with friends. Vince, upon seeing the pathetic uniforms the Bulldogs were wearing, fell on the floor and started rolling over and over, causing great alarm to all. When he was stopped by friends, Barbara said "Vince, what in the world were you doing"? Vince replied," Practicing rolling over in my grave"!

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
They've lost their way. Worried more about uniforms than improving their play.

And what makes me really mad is they had a chance to shut Boise St. up, but now we'll have to hear about them in the NC discussion the rest of the year because they play nobody from here out.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
When the University of Georgia football team took the field Saturday in their dreadful Nike Combat Uniforms, Barbara and Vince Dooley were in their sky box with friends. Vince, upon seeing the pathetic uniforms the Bulldogs were wearing, fell on the floor and started rolling over and over, causing great alarm to all. When he was stopped by friends, Barbara said "Vince, what in the world were you doing"? Vince replied," Practicing rolling over in my grave"!
Then Derek called his mom and asked her to stop talking to Vince because it is hurting his recruiting.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I agree that Boise St. will be in the discussion for the rest of the year now. I did decide though that we are a couple of years removed from the Utah debacle and we seem to have better focus this year. In saying that, maybe we get to shut them up in the BCS championship game this year. There has to be something on the line for the bigger schools to take these teams seriously. A championship would be great motivation.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
the sad part is how people are now saying boise has "proved themselves" by beating the sacred heart of the poor jv field hockey team that UGA trotted out disguised as a football team this season.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
That loss had nothing to do with the uniforms. No, UGA is just not a good football team. They're going to battle Vandy for the bottom spot in the east. I don't understand how any sane football fan could have picked UGA to win that game. I never had any faith in UGA beating Boise State. In fact, UGA played exactly like I expected them to and they will lose big this week as well.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
That loss had nothing to do with the uniforms. No, UGA is just not a good football team. They're going to battle Vandy for the bottom spot in the east. I don't understand how any sane football fan could have picked UGA to win that game. I never had any faith in UGA beating Boise State. In fact, UGA played exactly like I expected them to and they will lose big this week as well.
I picked them because I bought the hype that I kept hearing. I kept telling myself that UGA wouldn't be much better than last year, but then I bought the hype. I even asked a UGA coworker last week to explain to me why UGA is supposed to be so much better. I didn't really buy his reasons, but then I went and picked them anyway. I also thought LSU would be much more physical than Oregon, but I bought into the Oregon hype and the LSU suspensions. I should have stuck with the SEC with LSU and sold UGA down the river. You are correct about the sane part with UGA: both my gut and my brain were telling me not to pick UGA, and I did it anyway. Fortunately, I don't bet money and just love college football; therefore, I just feel foolish and don't have to get a second mortgage on the house. ;)

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
They've lost their way. Worried more about uniforms than improving their play.

And what makes me really mad is they had a chance to shut Boise St. up, but now we'll have to hear about them in the NC discussion the rest of the year because they play nobody from here out.
I don't think they worried about the uniforms at all. The players & coaches didn't design them or pick them out, the UGA administration gave permission to Nike to make some changes.

Most UGA fans know have now accepted the fact that Richt needs to go. The UGA fan I know is hoping Boise & Alabama run the table so Boise can see how a "real SEC team" plays football. ;)

drjohn432

1st Team
Nov 28, 1999
mobile
Uniforms are joke 1, Richt is joke 2. I always thought he was to long on special motivational techniques; and short on blocking and tackling.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
I rather like UGA and was thinking (hoping) they would pull off an upset against BS State. But alas, no such luck. At one time Mark Richt was a good coach, but he's lost either his ability or will to instill and maintain discipline within and respect of his team. This will likely be his last season there, whether it's by his choice or the AD's.
I know a lot has been said about Kirby Smart going there if/when Richt leaves. But I wonder if family ties are maybe strong enough to make Derek Dooley a contender for the job as well.

IH8Orange

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2000
Trussville, AL, USA
I didn't pay much attention to UGA before the game, but I also wonder why they were ranked so highly. They were 6-7 last year and 0-4 against top 25 teams. They've got a good young quarterback, but they lost their top receiver and they lost much of their running back corp from one thing or another. I can't see a justifiable reason for them to be ranked in the top 25.

Now, to pull out the tin foil hat, they were scheduled for the Chick-Fil-A Kickoff game with Boise State, who everyone knew would likely be ranked high. The past Chick-Fil-A kickoff games have all been top 25 vs. top 25 games, but the rankings for most of those seemed more reasonable than UGA at #19. Perhaps the voters just wanted to give the game a bit more importance or maybe they knew that Boise State needed a victory against a respectable SEC team to get a head start on a BCS-busting season.

Jazzman

1st Team
Feb 13, 2001
Wetumpka, Alabama
If I were a Georgia fan, not only would I be mad at the team for playing so pathetic, I would be embarrassed by their uniforms. Mark Richt is a good man but a bad coach for the SEC. I expect he'll be gone after this year and Alabama will be looking for another defensive coordinator.

Just Win

All-SEC
Dec 22, 2003
Alabaster, AL, USA
I don't know why everyone jumps on Richt. he has averaged 9.6 wins per year at GA, and people have to remember that in the SEC, everybody can't win every game. He's just unfortunate that he plays in the same league as Alabama, LSU, Arkansas, Florida, Tennessee, and South Carolina. He's a quality individual and a smart coach, with character and integrity. I say this every time this discussion comes up - WHO DO THEY THINK THEY'RE GONNA GET????? And don't start with the Kirby Smart comments. Georgia would be foolish to hire another unproven coordinator as head coach. Kirby Smart is in a good spot, but if you don't think Nick Saban designs and runs this defense, you're kidding yourself.

KentuckianaBFan

All-SEC
Jan 26, 2011
Lakeland, FL, 2018
echoaffiliate.com
I didn't pay much attention to UGA before the game, but I also wonder why they were ranked so highly. They were 6-7 last year and 0-4 against top 25 teams. They've got a good young quarterback, but they lost their top receiver and they lost much of their running back corp from one thing or another. I can't see a justifiable reason for them to be ranked in the top 25.

Now, to pull out the tin foil hat, they were scheduled for the Chick-Fil-A Kickoff game with Boise State, who everyone knew would likely be ranked high. The past Chick-Fil-A kickoff games have all been top 25 vs. top 25 games, but the rankings for most of those seemed more reasonable than UGA at #19. Perhaps the voters just wanted to give the game a bit more importance or maybe they knew that Boise State needed a victory against a respectable SEC team to get a head start on a BCS-busting season.
THIS

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
I don't know why everyone jumps on Richt. he has averaged 9.6 wins per year at GA, and people have to remember that in the SEC, everybody can't win every game. He's just unfortunate that he plays in the same league as Alabama, LSU, Arkansas, Florida, Tennessee, and South Carolina. He's a quality individual and a smart coach, with character and integrity. I say this every time this discussion comes up - WHO DO THEY THINK THEY'RE GONNA GET????? And don't start with the Kirby Smart comments. Georgia would be foolish to hire another unproven coordinator as head coach. Kirby Smart is in a good spot, but if you don't think Nick Saban designs and runs this defense, you're kidding yourself.
He averaged 9.6 wins per year before coaches like Saban, Petrino, Spurrier, Miles, Mullen, Meyer (before he left) came on the scene. Those coaches weren't in the league when he was compiling most of his wins.

The Bulldogs have seen their win total decrease for 4 straight seasons under Richt. When the rest of the conference decided to up the ante and go after the best coaches in the business, UGA found itself in the lower half of the league in terms of coaching ability.

Sure it was easy to win 10+ games a year when you're coaching against Croom, Zook, Lou Holtz (in the twilight of his career) Shula, Nutt, Orgeron etc... but it's not so easy now.

And the "good guy" argument gets tiresome. I've heard the same things you have, as we all have. He's a great guy. How is it that the nicest & best guy in the SEC also seems to have the most guys arrested or suspended? Perception doesn't line up with reality. If he's such a good guy, how come he can't control his players better?

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.