Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Jessica4Bama's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: DirecTV question...

I love Directv. The only problem we have had is it going out when it storms. That gets annoying but I would never have anything else. NFL Sunday ticket is awesome.
    So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. - 2 Corinthians 4:18

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American CHATTBRIT's Avatar
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

I should also add that with the Sports Package, the in-car-camera with Nascar is great.

With regard to the negative vibes re payments, I do not use automatic payments. I pay them using my debit card each month but I initiate the payment.
    My basset hound, Henry. 10-14-1998 - 04-09-2012
    Remembering Victor Ellis #9
    I would rather burn an American flag to protect the Constitution than burn the Constitution to protect the American flag

Looking a little further, I see that our neighborhood (no surprise) doesn't have U-verse yet. However, to my surprise, AT&T has a bundle deal with their phone and internet and DirecTV. I'm going to look into that...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation All-American 230kv_barehand's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Yes we used to bundle through AT&T with the home phone and DTV. If you can get their internet (which my brother has their DSL and to me its as fast as my Cable when browsing, big difference in HUGE downloads like shows and movies that I bootleg) its well worth it to get though. I would gladly swap to DSL here if they offered it. Charter has the monopoly here..

Quote Originally Posted by 230kv_barehand View Post
    Yes we used to bundle through AT&T with the home phone and DTV. If you can get their internet (which my brother has their DSL and to me its as fast as my Cable when browsing, big difference in HUGE downloads like shows and movies that I bootleg) its well worth it to get though. I would gladly swap to DSL here if they offered it. Charter has the monopoly here..
    It won't be as fast (have AT&T DSL at the office) as Comcast (when Comcast is working), but it will be a lot cheaper...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonSEC's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by SavannahDare View Post
    We have been customers of DirecTV for 12 years and it has become far more reliable in terms of signal strength. Even with the recent tropical storm we only lost signal a few times and for only about 15 minutes at a time, during the heaviest bands. Twelve years ago, we would lose signal if a small rain shower passed through the southern skies!

We used to purchase College Game Plan when we lived in NC and IL, but we haven't needed it since moving to MS. We finally got local channels a few years ago, and that was nice, so make sure you get your local stations where you are or you will miss some games you don't want to miss.

When we saw the advertisements recently for Sunday Ticket for new customers, Robert called up and asked what they could give us for our 12 years of loyalty. After a little back and forth, we got Sunday Ticket this season for $20/month for 5 months (it's normally around $70/month for 5 months). So, as a company, we've been pleased overall with their customer service. I think the only time we had a beef with them was with one of our moves when the installation guy jerked us around in terms of scheduling and rescheduling. Other than that, it has been a good company to deal with.

So, as for football viewing, so long as you get local stations, DirecTV will give you lots of options and excellent picture quality.
    Cool. I'm about to become a squeaky wheel.
    Lee

"A long way," he said after being asked how far the Crimson Tide had come since Coach Nick Saban arrived three years ago. "I guess you could say it's the distance from Shreveport to Pasadena."
    Mike Johnson

Woah, Sunday Ticket is $350?
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. 2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonSEC's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    Woah, Sunday Ticket is $350?
    Wow. When I quit buying it 2 years ago (when my Broncos started to suck wind) I think it was $200 in advance and $250 later. It is definitely not worth $350 IMO.
    Lee

"A long way," he said after being asked how far the Crimson Tide had come since Coach Nick Saban arrived three years ago. "I guess you could say it's the distance from Shreveport to Pasadena."
    Mike Johnson

We used to purchase College Game Plan when we lived in NC and IL, but we haven't needed it since moving to MS. We finally got local channels a few years ago, and that was nice, so make sure you get your local stations where you are or you will miss some games you don't want to miss.
    Staci, we have excellent air HD signal to the local stations (we have a couple of TVs on air, and I could put a couple more), but it appears that DirecTV does also have local stations here...

BamaNation Second Team

My sister just got U-verse, they love it but i'm not sure of the cost.

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamanut_aj's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Looking a little further, I see that our neighborhood (no surprise) doesn't have U-verse yet. However, to my surprise, AT&T has a bundle deal with their phone and internet and DirecTV. I'm going to look into that...
    that's what we did. I called about U-verse and they don't offer it here yet. So, they told us about their partner deal with Direct. We get 6 MEG DSL for 19.99/month for a year, and we're on the 34.99/month Direct TV package. We'll pay a little over 60.00/month for both for a year, then it will go up to around 85.00/month. We were paying Charter close to 120.00/month (we don't even have movie channels) for internet and cable ALONE. When we called to cancel, I expected customer-retention to beg us to stay and offer us something. They said "well, just bring your equipment back or you'll be charged $150.00" Wow....they don't even care.

Quote Originally Posted by bamanut_aj View Post
    that's what we did. I called about U-verse and they don't offer it here yet. So, they told us about their partner deal with Direct. We get 6 MEG DSL for 19.99/month for a year, and we're on the 34.99/month Direct TV package. We'll pay a little over 60.00/month for both for a year, then it will go up to around 85.00/month. We were paying Charter close to 120.00/month (we don't even have movie channels) for internet and cable ALONE. When we called to cancel, I expected customer-retention to beg us to stay and offer us something. They said "well, just bring your equipment back or you'll be charged $150.00" Wow....they don't even care.
    I expect the same out of Comcast. I've been with them so long my email is just "eself," and I've been with them for TV even longer. They've totally lost sight of the big picture...

BamaNation Hall of Fame uafan4life's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Hmm, maybe it's where you're at. I've always had good luck with Comcast.

Right now I've got my phone, internet, and TV through Comcast. I wouldn't have phone, but I have to have it to have it for work. I get all the TV I want, the fastest internet speeds available in the area, and a phone line with unlimited long distance for right at $150 a month.

That's cheaper than I can get the TV I want from DirecTV plus phone and internet from AT&T.
    I have yet to figure out why common sense and common courtesy are called common.
    - Unknown

I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you've earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money.
    - Thomas Sowell