Link: Receiver in South Bend, Ind., sets national record

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
Interesting, RTO. Who does he beat out among Ridley, Stewart and Foster?
From everything I've seen, he's a different kind of player. He will be a great player to have on the field at the same time as Ridley. Gut hunch here, but I would guess he, Ridley, and Foster are our "starters" by the end of next year but all 4 will be on the field a LOT.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
From everything I've seen, he's a different kind of player. He will be a great player to have on the field at the same time as Ridley. Gut hunch here, but I would guess he, Ridley, and Foster are our "starters" by the end of next year but all 4 will be on the field a LOT.
I don't know how we take Stewart off the field but Dieter will give us added depth at the least.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Stewart stepped up big time in the second half of the 2015 season. Dieter may not take him off the field nor do I think Foster is at a huge risk of being benched either. I believe Dieter has a very specific role here: possession guy underneath and big body receiver in the red zone.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Stewart caught everything, knocked people's heads off on blocks, made soaring receptions at the biggest moments and did just about everything anyone could ask.

Can't see him being replaced other than sporadically. And Dieter better be very good to accomplish that.

Last edited:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I just can't see Stewart losing all his snaps considering how he grew up on the field throughout the season. If Foster came back with a vengeance, I kinda figured that Stewart may end up being relegated to the role of first WR off the bench. Ridley getting more time in the slot with Foster and Stewart being the typical outside guys in 3 wide. With Dieter coming in, it throws a huge wrench into what I thought it would look like rotationally.

I still think Dieter's transfer is more of negative for Falkins and Sims in the short term and a good sign that we do indeed intend to go more 3+ WR in 2016.

BAMAfan777

1st Team
Jun 25, 2010
We'll easily go six deep at WR this year....and that may be including injuries.

Don't forget about Charlot....he was an incredible talent out of high school.

Maybe we'll have a transfer out or two after spring.

No wonder we didn't sign too many 4/5 star receivers this year! ....our second string receiving corp is probably better than almost all the first string receiving corps in the country.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.