Link: Receiver in South Bend, Ind., sets national record

Crimson Surfer

News|BB|FB|REC, Super Moderator
Jul 14, 2001
Henderson, NV
Gehrig Dieter says he plans to sign with Notre Dame.

http://www.highschoolsports.net/spo...Gehrig-Dieter-football-receiving-record_n.htm
Gehrig Dieter is named for Hall of Fame baseball player Lou Gehrig, but he is making a name for himself in football.

The Washington (South Bend, Ind.) senior wide receiver and cornerback set a national record Friday night with 447 receiving yards in a 63-10 defeat of Elkhart Central. The old national high school record was 421 in a 2008 game by J.D. Felice of Red Bud, Ark.

Gehrig's national record came three weeks after he set a state high school record with 373 receiving yards (eight catches, including five touchdowns) in his team's opening 46-23 defeat of Class 5A Bloomington North. Last week in a 40-21 defeat of another 5A school, Michigan City, Ind., Dieter came close to that mark with 11 catches for 346 yards and three touchdowns.

"I play with a chip on my shoulder," Dieter said. "I always try to play physical. My greatest strengths are probably my hands and ability to run after the catch."

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Don't know the guy from Adam's house cat.

But if he's willing to go up against Calvin Ridley, ArDarius Stewart, Cam Sims, Robert Foster, and OJ Howard for receptions, I have to like his competitive spirit.

He also vaults to the 1st Team All-SEC name team the first day he hits campus.

Last edited:

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
I'll move discussion of Gehrig Dieter to this thread, though I'm not sure it should stay on recruiting.

While I can't give many details, I got a pretty good indicator that he's a lock.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
I'll move discussion of Gehrig Dieter to this thread, though I'm not sure it should stay on recruiting.

While I can't give many details, I got a pretty good indicator that he's a lock.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
leave it here until it becomes a little more mainstream.... when I first heard, it was still sensitive.... since only a couple of public sources have made comment still, we will keep it relatively on the down low

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.