LSU is #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Re: LSU new number 1 in AP

I thought the Hat winning last year really helped the LSU fan base grow up in their attitude towards Coach Saban.
I like the Mad Hatter and always have.........if he beats us this year that might change a little though. Never could understand the complaining.

He still won his NC with multiple losses and has been on the winning side of some of the biggest chokes in history, but he recruits well, his players play hard and he is definitely in charge. He kind of makes it look too easy, so he obviously has a lot of natural ability at coaching. Like you alluded too, we don't hear complaining from the fans much at all anymore.

I think a lot of the fans that did complain were young. They went through multiple coaching busts over a 15 year period. The older fans will never forget the multiple interception while sitting on a lead in the fourth quarter loss at Auburn. I believe that was the peak. It started getting better after that.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

I don't want to be number one. I pray that the media continues their slobberfest with LSU. I pray they do. LSU is like our talent without the discipline. They are much less mature, it seems they just want to go out their and have fun, they're showing off for the camera, really enjoying theirselves. But they don't want it as badly as we do. Not near as badly. And they will learn that in November.

Not impressed with their victory over Oregon. This is the same Oregon that only managed to score 18 points on Auburn's lauded 65-ranked defense. They scored 27 on LSU. Ergo LSU has the best defense? Wait a minute. LSU's defense is and has always been bend but don't break. Bama, on the other hand, gets three-and-outs allowing the occasional drive. We would have caused more turnovers than LSU if our secondary didn't have butterfingers.

However, there is one thing to be concerned about. They will save our best game for us. Our game will be the one game where they actually play to their full potential. We did that against Arkansas. They haven't done that yet. But they will against us. They might lose two other games, but beat us.

However I am delighted with them being number one, and pray they stay that way until they play us. However I fear that LSU may lose to Florida.
I reckon I'm right the opposite..I'd rather be #1 & let everyone else try to knock us off the hill..Bama has a target on our back if we're #1 or #3..Every team will bring their "A" Game when they play us regardless of our rankings..I'd just assume to be #1 watching everyone else fight for the #2 spot..

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN

Dear coaches and players,I'm going to admonish everyone - this should not be our focus. We are heading to unbeaten Florida fir an SEC road game. What we did last week don't mean jack down there. We have a game against a lame duck head coach who lost to Vandy and pulls rabbits out of hats by beating teams he has no business beating ( insert either Tide or LSU here). LSU has a coach who was dropped on his head as a baby (how else do you explain it? Mental illness?) and will probably find a way to lose to a nobody but wind up in New Orleans because LSU always plays N.O. Title games.

In short - we are good but another test this week in Gainesville. Forget the rest and concentrate on the process.

10-4 and Roll Tide
and for the posters on an internet message board whose discussions have no effect on the game or seasons, carry on as you were..... :)

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001

I reckon I'm right the opposite..I'd rather be #1 & let everyone else try to knock us off the hill..Bama has a target on our back if we're #1 or #3..Every team will bring their "A" Game when they play us regardless of our rankings..I'd just assume to be #1 watching everyone else fight for the #2 spot..
I was watching some ESPN show this morning, a thirty minute deal that covered sports in general. They covered the LSU game, and the Aggie/Okie State game, not a word about the Bama/Hogs game. I don't think they'd skip us like that if we were at number 1.

TideFactor

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 26, 2009

Appreciate all the responses. I for one, don't want to be #1, however I do believe we look like the best team 4 weeks into the season. I'm fine with OU being #1 until they lose or until we beat LSU. I don't believe LSU has shown enough to JUMP Bama in the Polls... I don't care what Herbie says.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

I was watching some ESPN show this morning, a thirty minute deal that covered sports in general. They covered the LSU game, and the Aggie/Okie State game, not a word about the Bama/Hogs game. I don't think they'd skip us like that if we were at number 1.
I too have noticed the lack of coverage for steamrolling the #12 team. Of course, it was at home, but it seems to have been quickly dismissed as an overrated Arkansas team.

I'm not buying LSU at this point. Their defense is good, but Alabama's is working on a whole nother level right now. I don't mind the media gushing all over LSU, they are a mostly uneducated lot (football-wise) and get caught up in meaningless details when it comes to these things. If Alabama can maintain it's record over the next few weeks, it will be settled on the field with LSU. We control our own destiny, and I'll take that every time.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011

Hopefully, we will can run the ball as well as pass it when we play them as well as get a few turn-overs and punt return/s.

West Virginia was one dimensional: passing the ball for almost 500 yards and got CLOBBERED! If someone gains that many yards on you, it's usually in a big win.

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL

Appreciate all the responses. I for one, don't want to be #1, however I do believe we look like the best team 4 weeks into the season. I'm fine with OU being #1 until they lose or until we beat LSU. I don't believe LSU has shown enough to JUMP Bama in the Polls... I don't care what Herbie says.
If you're ok with OU at #1 you should especially be ok with LSU. We get a chance to beat LSU, not so with OU unless we meet post season.

I would vote LSU #1 at this time. Until AJ really gets his game in top form there will be doubts about our team.

TheTradition

All-SEC
Nov 6, 2010
Alabaster, AL

I have no problem with LSU getting most of the attention. The less attention that is on us the better IMO. We'll get our chance against them.

1Dawn

1st Team
Sep 18, 2009

I am glad to read the posts and cover the discussion of LSU being #1. I, too, watched the coverage of ESPN. On ESPN2 last night, the reporters stated LSU was better than Alabama. When they reviewed tape of our game, they said Maze had a "good run" (you know, his spectacular 83 yard punt return) and said it in a very somber tone. Apparently, they see plays like his every day!!! They commented on Trent Richardson in a similar fashion, with a tinge more interest. I thought to myself, "wasn't Alabama's game particularly good this week"? I thought we had just played the #12 team and LSU played West VA, a team ranked lower than Ark. You would NOT have known it by the reporters.

In regard to being #3 or sharing #2, I really do not mind. I remember Saban saying when you are #1, there is no where to go but down. Something to keep in mind!

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Re: LSU is Very Good, but not buying the #1 Hype Quite Yet...

I would like to see LSU #1 when we play them.

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL

they said Maze had a "good run" (you know, his spectacular 83 yard punt return) and said it in a very somber tone. They commented on Trent Richardson in a similar fashion, with a tinge more interest. I thought to myself, "wasn't Alabama's game particularly good this week"? I thought we had just played the #12 team and LSU played West VA, a team ranked lower than Ark. You would NOT have known it by the reporters.
!
Those guys must hate us.:rolleyes:

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.

I was particularly surprised that LSU couldn't get to the WVU QB and at all the missed tackles by LSU. Not taking any thing away from LSU because The Mountaineers could only make short passes and runs.

MVKTR2

1st Team
May 29, 2008

LSU at this point is every bit Bama's equal in terms of talent and play! They also have accomplished more with their schedule thus far in the season.

Bama and LSU are 1A & 1B in terms of talent and depth of talent on the roster in the country, with Oklahoma being a solid 2nd place with not really anyone else for some distance below them.

Crimson Draw

3rd Team
Nov 8, 2008

I'm okay with LSU up top. They've played Oregon and WV, while we've played PSU and Ark. I'd say PSU and Arky are a better two, but PSU did struggle after playing us. Plus, there's no rush to be number one. However, I will be shocked if we're not number one if we dismantle UF this week.

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL

LSU at this point is every bit Bama's equal in terms of talent and play! They also have accomplished more with their schedule thus far in the season.

Bama and LSU are 1A & 1B in terms of talent and depth of talent on the roster in the country, with Oklahoma being a solid 2nd place with not really anyone else for some distance below them.
im glad they could beat mighty miss state in starkville cause you know bama can never do that ;)

i love how people act like LSU had to go so far out of there way to go one state over to texas. alabama had to go all the way up to to penn state and play in an increadibly hostile enviroment. not saying lsu won't be an increadibly challenging game but im getting sick of herbsteirt crying like a girl about there schedule when they look increadibly sloppy in every game this year.

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL

and for the record i don't care that LSU is number one...thats fine with me. It will all be settled on november 5th

GMacFan

Suspended
Oct 3, 2009

Not saying that LSU shouldn't be number one based on their schedule, but anyone with eyes and half a brain can see that Bama is better on both defense and offense.

GMacFan

Suspended
Oct 3, 2009

LSU has a good but not great defense. The talent level is great, but the discipline and desire for perfection isn't there. They gave up five hundred yards to WVU. The 2009 Bama D didn't let any team eclipse 350 in 14 games. And LSU has a mediocre offense.

Bama has an exceptional defense and a good offense. I like our chances. As long as AJ doesn't throw a pick six or a pick in our territory. That will be key.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.