Question: DE / LB Jordan Jenkins Commits to Georgia (Page 11)

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Re: DE Jordan Jenkins status/updates?

Last word, we led, with Florida not far behind. Saturday didn't hurt us a lick. Tidesports/Rivals had an update for its subscribers. The teaser indicated JJ was impressed by his visit for the Arkansas game. That may turn out to be the understatment of the year.

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC

He says that UA and UF are his leaders with UGA, UT, and AU still in there. But it looks to be a 2 horse race between UA and UF. Will be at the game this week and not planning on deciding yet.

andystokes

Jul 24, 2008
Raleigh, NC

Thank you ALL! Maybe after Bama serves up a little "gator tail" this w/e it will seal the deal. Roll Tide!

Crimson Surfer

News|BB|FB|REC, Super Moderator
Jul 14, 2001
Henderson, NV
Re: DE Jordan Jenkins Updates

http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/201...er-11-de-may-be-nearing-his-college-decision/
Jordan Jenkins, who is a candidate to be Georgia’s No. 1 overall college football prospect, may be close to the end of his recruiting journey.

The 6-foot-4, 250-pound defensive end from Harris County High School made an unofficial visit to Alabama last weekend, and is headed to Florida this Saturday. Alabama and Florida are the co-leaders for Jenkins, followed by Auburn, UGA and Tennessee.

“I think after this Florida visit, I think his announcement is nearing,” his father, Ronald Jenkins, told the AJC. “I anticipate it definitely before the end of the season, in my opinion, or right after the end of the season. I really think he’s getting closer to his decision.

Last edited:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Fabulous news. The #1 recruit in GA by most services and along with Smith, Lee and Drake would give us 4 out of the top 10 players in GA. You know where you want to go Jordan so go ahead and pull the trigger.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

Vadal Alexander, Dalvin Tomlinson, Freitag ... all still on the vine. This would be almost embarrassing ... except it's not embarrassing in the least. When Larry Munson commits, I'd say this year's job is done.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

I was watching In The Huddle on CSS and Barton Simmons of 247 Sports is one of the co-host. He also said we lead for Jordan. They showed a list of the top 10 players in GA with Jordan at #1 and most likely committing to us along with #2 Geno Smith, #3 Dillon Lee and #7 Kenyon Drake. They were wondering what Richt was doing letting these guys go out of state and complimenting Bama for their efforts. The state of GA is ours and with Foster committed for 2013 (#1 or #2 recruit) and us leading for Nmideke (sp?) the trend continues.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville

I was watching In The Huddle on CSS and Barton Simmons of 247 Sports is one of the co-host. He also said we lead for Jordan. They showed a list of the top 10 players in GA with Jordan at #1 and most likely committing to us along with #2 Geno Smith, #3 Dillon Lee and #7 Kenyon Drake. They were wondering what Richt was doing letting these guys go out of state and complimenting Bama for their efforts. The state of GA is ours and with Foster committed for 2013 (#1 or #2 recruit) and us leading for Nmideke (sp?) the trend continues.
Is anyone else getting warm fuzzies?:wink:

jnhgiela

Suspended
May 26, 2011
Mobile, AL

Blurb from some FL writer on Jenkins at the UF-UA game. Just interesting, not earth-shattering.

"I do think one tangible result that this game may have had on an important prospect involves buck linebacker Jordan Jenkins, or should I say jack linebacker (which is what Alabama calls the same position). Jenkins said before the game that Alabama has a slight edge over Florida in his top 2. Well, Saturday’s blowout most likely solidified that status. Jenkins has a good relationship with Florida’s Ronald Powell. He looks up to the former No. 1 overall recruit in the nation. He has watched intently to see what Powell could do in Will Muschamp’s defense now that he’s lined up in the buck linebacker position. He didn’t see a whole lot of splash if he was watching Powell against Alabama. On the other side of the field, he could see Bama’s jack linebacker, Courtney Upshaw, absolutely wreak havoc with a pick six, a sack that knocked out UF’s starting quarterback and three tackles behind the line of scrimmage. Ask yourself this: If you were one of the nation’s best defensive end/linebacker prospects and you just watched that game, which team would you think is more likely to develop your talents?"

http://recruiting.blogs.gatorsports.com/11657/the-outbox-105/?pa=2&tc=pg

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

Certainly some speculation in the writer's post, but sound reasoning. I do believe he may have underestimated Alabama's lead for Jenkins coming into the game.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.