Recipe: Easy Cobbler

BamaLuver

G&C | FB Moderator
Aug 16, 2000
Mobile, AL
Saw this easy recipe in an issue of Southern Living:

Apple Cobbler

Two 20-ounce cans sliced apples, undrained (or fruit of your choice)
1-2 tea. cinnamon
1 cup light brown sugar
1 package yellow cake mix (9 ounce)
1 cup melted butter

Spread apples in the bottom of a greased 13x9 dish. Sprinkle with cinnamon, and brown sugar. Top evenly with dry cake mix and drizzle with melted butter. Bake at 350 deg. for 50-55 minutes.

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
That sounds good and easy. I like Southern Living recipies. I can't help feeling though I am setting myself up for failure. I don't know what it is. I just can't seem to bake a decent pie or biscuit. I can't even make a biscuit from Bisquick, no lie.

I had an aunt growing up that seemed to make a cobbler every day. She made apple, peach, balckberry, cherry, all the good stuff they had on their farm. I think her cobblers spoiled me.

I

It's On A Slab

Saw this easy recipe in an issue of Southern Living:

Apple Cobbler

Two 20-ounce cans sliced apples, undrained (or fruit of your choice)
1-2 tea. cinnamon
1 cup light brown sugar
1 package yellow cake mix (9 ounce)
1 cup melted butter

Spread apples in the bottom of a greased 13x9 dish. Sprinkle with cinnamon, and brown sugar. Top evenly with dry cake mix and drizzle with melted butter. Bake at 350 deg. for 50-55 minutes.
I'm waking up a 5 year old thread to try to this one tonight.

We had our 1st snow overnight, and I'm in the mood for comfort food.......Mama Mandola's Chicken Soup, and I'm trying your cobbler as well.

I

It's On A Slab

Wow -- we're still in the 80's today. I'm jealous. :(

Chicken soup sounds delicious. Any cornbread?
Someone reminded me that our Fall came on June 21st.

We had the most awesome Summer you could imagine. We had our windows open most days in July and August.

Then, I kept waiting for Indian Summer to arrive in September and October. I think we won't be getting any more mild weather. This 1st snow came awfully early. I've seen years where we didnt get snow until December.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
Slab, this recipe is darn good on a dutch oven over a campfire. I've hauled dutch oven's in to camp over a mile.

Put half a stick of butter on the bottom, dump in the fruit, cake mix, 20 oz sprite, mix up a bit and put other half a stick of butter on top.

This would be a paddling camping favorite I bet.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.