ESPN Documentary: "The Play That Changed College Football."

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
Remember it like it was yesterday:

Announcer: "That thud you heard came from Tallahassee"!

I was in college living in a Studio apartment and living on a steady diet of Raman Noodles!

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC
I like that but still my favorite is GeorgeTeague chasing down Lamar Thomas and taking the ball from him. My unit was shipping out 2 days later so we were on stand by and forced to remain in the barracks. Half the guys in my unit were Miami fans and I loved that moment after they had been telling me how the U would roll the Tide.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Great post and I can't wait to see it.

I still would not trade the Langham/Teague CB/FS player combo for any other off a particular Bama team. That could change, but they came through in crunch time at the end of the 92 season. We didn't have the offense that we do now imo and Langham's pick 6's in the Iron Bowl and the SEC championship were crucial.

Last edited:

skipster63

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2010
Buchanan Dam
I was on the 40-yard line about 20 rows up. At the end of the celebrating on that play, I was about 40 rows up on the 30-yard line. The greatest play I have ever seen in person.
That has got to be the coldest temps for a football game I have ever been t. I did not dress properly for that game. But that play got me thawed out in the celebration. I was in the end zone when he intercepted that ball and I could not believe my eyes. I remember being delirious in celebration.

ART

1st Team
Thanks for sharing!! Can't wait to watch the entire show. Sadly, that's the only SECCG my husband & I have ever attended. We were so young and broke, but we were going to that game!! It was so easy to get tickets ($60 ea). Just to say we were there was all that mattered and the TIDE didn't let us down. = )

BornCRIMSON

1st Team
Sep 28, 2009
Trussville ALABAMA
I was about 30 rows up in the endzone straight in front of the interception, As soon as he released the ball I could see it was going to be a pick, and Langham ran it straight back to us, the place went wild. That play and when the "biscuit" hit Steve Burlien are tied for first place in my greatest plays to witness.

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
I'm trying to remember if the modern tie breaker rule was in effect back then. I believe that in 92 that games could end in a tie, but the SEC playoff game would not end in a tie. Therefore, some type of tie breaker was created for this game. Can anyone remember what they were going to do if the game was a tie?

I'm trying to remember if the modern tie breaker rule was in effect back then. I believe that in 92 that games could end in a tie, but the SEC playoff game would not end in a tie. Therefore, some type of tie breaker was created for this game. Can anyone remember what they were going to do if the game was a tie?
They had the full broadcast of the game on recently, and the announce team brought up the tie-breaker. They would have used what I-AA and all other divisions of football used for their tie-breaker: The overtime procedure that is in place now.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.