Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Clay Chalkville goes from #1 in 6A to 0-9

Link

The AHSAA has been busy. That doesn't include Prattville's investigation either.

The AHSAA has ordered a total of 24 forfeits over the past two weeks from Class 6A Clay-Chalkville and Wetumpka, Class 5A J.O. Johnson, 4A Sumter Central and 2A Randolph County.

Of those, only Sumter Central will make the playoffs, albeit with a lower seed. The Jaguars fulfilled one requirement to make the playoffs by suspending coach Andre Pickering, who provided false information to the AHSAA during its investigation.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

2. Advertisement
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Clay Chalkville goes from #1 in 6A to 0-9

It sounds like NCAA football.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Here's the Birmingham News article on it. I'm not sure what I think about this. The player left Huffman and went to another school before transferring to Clay Chalkville. With this ruling, a player can never play athletics again after being expelled even if he or she transfers to another school and is in good standing there.

Ford did not name the player, but did provide a reason for his departure from Huffman.

“From what I understand the kid in question was dismissed from the Birmingham school system,” Ford said. “He got into some trouble and went to Restoration (Academy.) He called and told me that he got everything straight at Restoration and had transferred to Clay.”
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

(In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation All-American 230kv_barehand's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

The rule has ALWAYS been like that. Same deal with Chris Keys when he went to North Jackson. If you're not in good standing with your old school a transfer wont help unless you go to an AISA school...

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by 230kv_barehand View Post
    The rule has ALWAYS been like that. Same deal with Chris Keys when he went to North Jackson. If you're not in good standing with your old school a transfer wont help unless you go to an AISA school...
    So if I'm in the 9th grade and get suspended and transfer, I can't play at my new AHSAA school my senior year even if I haven't gotten in trouble at that school for over 2 years?
    Coach Bryant

BamaNation First Team

The player involved had been expelled from Huffman on December 13, 2010 for a period of one calendar year, which made him ineligible at any other AHSAA school until that time elapsed.
    "And the roses in this grand old stadium are once again Crimson." -- Eli Gold, 1/7/10

"ZERO DOUBT" -- Tuscaloosa News Headline 1/10/12

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jref View Post
    The player involved had been expelled from Huffman on December 13, 2010 for a period of one calendar year, which made him ineligible at any other AHSAA school until that time elapsed.
    Ok thanks for the info. That makes more sense, but no one has included the length of the expulsion.
    Coach Bryant

BamaNation All-American 230kv_barehand's Avatar
    My Mood

It's been well reported he was suspended for one calendar year. That's what got him.

RTR you're not "done for good" if you left your school in bad-standing, but you'll be gone a year at least.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by 230kv_barehand View Post
    It's been well reported he was suspended for one calendar year. That's what got him.

RTR you're not "done for good" if you left your school in bad-standing, but you'll be gone a year at least.
    I didn't see the length of his suspension in the articles I read (B'ham News and Montgomery Advertiser). What you guys are saying makes more sense now.

I've wondered from the get-go - did CC not consider the repercussions for him playing?
    Coach Bryant

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

The AHSAA upheld its ruling today. CC goes from 9-0 and #1 in the state to finishing the season 1-9.
    Coach Bryant

My Mood
    Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    The AHSAA upheld its ruling today. CC goes from 9-0 and #1 in the state to finishing the season 1-9.
    Well you know the school admin. either knew and tried to get away with it or they should've known and they are incompetent!

Quote Originally Posted by Ldlane View Post
    Well you know the school admin. either knew and tried to get away with it or they should've known and they are incompetent!
    I agree, but there are a lot of teenaged kids on that team who might not. There are the victims here, and they are just kids. This has got to be heartbreaking for them.

My Mood
    Quote Originally Posted by SimplyTide View Post
    I agree, but there are a lot of teenaged kids on that team who might not. There are the victims here, and they are just kids. This has got to be heartbreaking for them.
    That's true, and that's the shame of the situation that should never have happened. If the adults knew, that's what happens when you go "all in"!

The AIA took our state softball championship and season away when they found out our coach wasn't certified to teach here in AZ. The AD knew as well as HR, yet it was allowed!

Whether we like it or not WE are role models.
    Last edited by Ldlane; October 28th, 2011 at 05:10 PM.