Question about going to Jordan Hare for the Iron Bowl

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
My cousins are big Auburn fans, and I just had a thought that I would take them to the Iron Bowl this year. Me being an Alabama fan has me worried, however. I really don't want to get hassled or cursed at, etc. just for wearing Bama stuff. Would I have anything to worry about me being female (going with a female and male cousin that is younger than me) while at Jordan Hare?

I've heard of some bad experiences, but I would love to go the Iron Bowl this year.

Last edited:

Black Warrior

Suspended
Mar 30, 2010
We've all read and seen how irrational they are. All it would take is 3 or 4 of them to turn your game day into a nightmare.

SavannahDare

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Gulf Breeze, Florida
I've had both good and bad experiences there. It will mostly depend on where you sit in the stadium. If you sit amongst other Bama fans, you'll have a much better experience. If you're in amongst the barners, it'll be luck of the draw in terms of how you're treated. I've had the good fortune to sit near good, well-behaved barners and I've had the misfortune to sit near horribly foul-mouthed barners that I would've liked to kick down the bleachers rather than have to hear one more word bad-mouthing our coaches and players.

I will likely be there this year. I hope we pound the ever-loving life out of them.

Gibson09

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 5, 2010
I went in '09 when we made the comeback and I set in the student section with my best friend who went to AU (I was a student at UA at the time). I had all my Alabama stuff on and the worst I got was a few people coming up and saying War Eagle... Not that bad, just remember where you are and let the little stuff like that go.

Last edited:

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
I've never really had a bad experience at Auburn (except for a loss or 2). Most of their fans are pretty cordial...they are suspicious of us just like we are a little suspicious of them.
Their fans are VERY intense for the Bama game.

I AM SPARTACUS!

Scout Team
Oct 2, 2000
Hamilton, Georgia
My brother is a barner and I went to an Auburn game with him in 2000. That was the disastrous year that Alabama was ranked #3 or so preseason and finished 3-8. Nonetheless, I wore my Bama gear (much to my brother’s dismay) and I clearly stood out in the crowd. Most of the Auburn fans I encountered were good sports. Of course I heard Alabama jokes, but it was all in good fun. However, there was one guy sitting near us who was a complete jerk. My presence there absolutely ruined the game for him. He spent almost the entire game bad-mouthing Alabama and everything associated with it. I did not say one word directly to me, but he spoke to his date loud enough for the entire section to hear. He was so focused on the vitriol that I really don’t think he even watched the game. With the exception of that one person, my experience was fine, but that was an Auburn-Vandy game. I would imagine that there would be a lot more tension at the Iron Bowl—especially this year.

Bama By Birth

3rd Team
Dec 3, 2010
Ellaville, Ga
I think it is "Luck Of The Draw". I was dealt Jokers when I went. Too many drunk rednecks for me. You may luck out and have a good time.

I will never set foot in the place again.

JD95

All-American
Oct 18, 1999
Birmingham, AL
It's really not a fun trip to make. I've been there for Bama wins, which mostly left me relieved and just wanting out of there, as well as Bama losses, which are downright unbearable. My hat's off to the Bama faithful who venture in there to support the Tide, but I doubt I'll be among them this year.

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
It's really not a fun trip to make. I've been there for Bama wins, which mostly left me relieved and just wanting out of there, as well as Bama losses, which are downright unbearable. My hat's off to the Bama faithful who venture in there to support the Tide, but I doubt I'll be among them this year.
I agree. I don't go to Jordan Hare and I'm married to one of them. I just pretty much established that years ago. He will come to Bryant-Denny with me, but only because he enjoys a good college football game no matter the team. Me in Jordan Hare with him though, nope!

BamaMTA06

All-SEC
Sep 9, 2007
I went during the Shula years while I was a student at Bama. I got caught in the tiger walk b/c my phone switched to eastern standard time and I didnt realize I was walking to the stadium 2 hrs before the game instead of 1 hour before. Anyway, I didn't run into any trouble. A few of them actaully helped me through the crowd b/c they knew I didn't want to be caught in that. I can honestly say I've seen auburn fans treated much worse in Tuscaloosa than I was that day.

jaakRTR

3rd Team
Nov 21, 2010
Lexington Alabama
A few years back (2007) my Dad and I went to the Iron Bowl at Jordan Hare stadium, and it was a good experience. All the Awbarn fans we spoke with were real friendly and courteous. Now there was one drunk/abnoxious fan sitting near us, but it didn't ruin the experience for us. But we did experience some "ribbing" while leaving the stadium after the game though.

Jason

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.