LSU vs BAMA Predictions

TideFactor

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 26, 2009
I figured I'd start this thread, as I find it comical that LSU is still #1 in both polls. Don't get me wrong, I'm GLAD they are #1, because I would rather beat the "#1" team, than have someone else trying to beat us as the #1 team. However, without some "trick" or Special Teams Plays by LSU, I really don't think they have a legit chance of beating Bama and here's why:

You hear how "the game is won in the trenches" all the time, but it seems like the voters are all forgetting that. After West Virginia's beating Friday night, I think it's fair to say that the schedules of Bama & LSU are pretty even, meaning that statistics should give us a fair idea of what these 2 teams are made of. Bama's D is SOOO good this year, it has made this team VERY predictable as you will see my predictions of this years games at the bottom. When you understand that the matchup of the lines determines the outcome of the game, this Bama team is more predictable than any team I've seen in a while.

Team vs Team Breakdown

Offense - Bama has #1 Offense in SEC
QB's - Advantage Bama
RB's - Advantage Bama
WR's - Push, maybe Bama
OL - Advantage Bama
Running Offense - Advantage Bama
Passing Offense - Advantage Bama

Defense - Bama has #1 Defense in NCAA
DL - Advantage LSU
LB's - Advantage Bama
Secondary - Advantage Bama
Run D - Advantage Bama
Pass D - Advantage Bama

Special Teams - LSU
Coaching - Bama

Game Breakdown & Prediction:
As you can see, the ONLY areas LSU is superior to Bama is on the D Line and Special Teams. LSU will not be able to run on Bama, therefore making them 1 dementional in the area that is their weakness, passing. This will make for a long day and they will have trouble putting up 13 offensive points. I think 13 is their MAX number on offense, barring a special teams or defensive TD.

LSU's D Line is great, but Bama's offensive balance will keep them honest and with good play calling and the best RB in the country on our team, we will be able to score. LSU's secondary is NOT as good as everyone thinks. As WV showed, AJ will be able to throw on LSU and when he does, that will open up the running game and then LSU is in trouble. LSU has not played a team with athletes the caliber of their's all year nor an offense that is balanced. Because of that, I don't see any way LSU holds Bama under 24 pts.

The country will finally understand just how good this Bama team is after November 5th.
Final Score: 27-13, could be 31-13

My other predictions of meaningful games:
Penn State: 27-10 - was 27-11
Arkansas: 31-17 - was 38-10
Florida: 31-10 - was 38-10
Ole Miss: 45-6 - was 52-7
UT: 38-6 - was 37-6
LSU: 27-13 - TBD

ROLL TIDE!

wisten

Hall of Fame
Apr 30, 2003
Gulf Shores, AL, USA
Interesting, and while not disagreeing with you, LSU has something we have not seen all season... a credible "fast strike" ability and the depth to go all four quarters against us.

patriot34

Scout Team
Oct 27, 2009
Trussvegas
Dang! those are some very close predictions. Hopefully your latest will be just as accurate. My prediction is Bama wins 23-17 in a hard-fought 4 quarter slugfest. Both teams will wish the bye week were AFTER instead of before this game.

BamaBeta

All-SEC
Sep 18, 2008
Atlanta
The country will finally understand just how good this Bama team is after November 5th.
Final Score: 27-13, could be 31-13

ROLL TIDE!
Alabama beat Arkansas 38-14, but you were dang close. I like your enthusiasm.

Bama 30
LSU 24

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
The only area LSU gets us in is the kicking game, as you say. But that is a huge, huge element in a game like this. Their punter has the ability to pin an offense deep in their own territory, and our kicking game is well, a bit lacking. IF we don't lose the field position battle by a huge margin, and IF we don't turn the ball over, we'll win with some comfort (10-14 points). However, those are big, big ifs.

LSU is just as deep and talented as we are. I just think we're more disciplined.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Interesting analysis.
I think the LSU DBs are as good as Bama's.
One thing occurred to me, Coach Saban has an outstanding record in "revenge" games (beating a team that beat him last year). At the SECCG in 2009, one of the TV sports commentators mentioned Coach Saban just doesn't lose two in a row (although I do not recall what his record is in revenge games).
I think this will be key in the LSU-Bama game.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Interesting analysis.
One thing occurred to me, Coach Saban has an outstanding record in "revenge" games (beating a team that beat him last year). At the SECCG in 2009, one of the TV sports commentators mentioned Coach Saban just doesn't lose two in a row (although I do not recall what his record is in revenge games).
It's this as well as playing at home that really gives me comfort about this game. I know I'm extremely biased here, but after last year and what has happened this offseason, LSU winning this game just doesn't "feel" right.

Bamabw

Suspended
Oct 14, 2011
I have been telling anyone who will listen...BAMA by 21. Been saying that for a few weeks now. I will not quantify nor will I qualify...gut feeling. The only game I have missed this year was Tennessee...I did not think Bama would cover 30 due to looking past that game to the lsu game...I am sticking to my guns...BAMA by 21...

TydDFens

1st Team
Feb 5, 2011
Birmingham, AL
At least we don't have to hear the "talking heads" say that Oklahoma is going to jump Bama during the off week and then the game won't be a #1 vs #2.

BAMA by 2 touchdowns.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Interesting analysis.
He has a pretty good record in non-revenge games as well...

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Interesting analysis.
HCNS has not lost to the same college football team in consecutive years in over 10 years. 10/6/2001 to be exact. He is 13-0 in such games since then. He was 8-1 in those games at LSU and is 5-0 at Bama.

LSU will be #14. *U will be #15. SC gets the honor to be #16 if they make it to Atlanta.

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003
Alabama 30
LSU 10

LSU's reliance on the other team to screw up comes to bite them against a well disciplined Tide team.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.