Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Auburn to Tuscaloosa: Best route

A Georgia Southern fan has asked me what the best route from Auburn to Tuscaloosa is and I have no clue if it's faster to go north all interstate or head towards Montgomery and take Hwy 82.

Any advice would be appreciated
    "The first fifty yards I was praying no one would catch me, the last fifty yards I was praying that someone would." Lee Ozmint

2. Advertisement
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Auburn to Tuscaloosa: Best route

Depending on the driver's speed, he/she can get from Auburn to Montgomery in about 45 minutes. Montgomery to Tuscaloosa is just under 2 hours. So that route will be around 3 hours.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation Hall of Fame DiamondDust's Avatar

I had to make the drive this weekend. I actually went 280 to the interstates and got home in 2:30.
    “We have 45 men suited up. They're all supposed to be ready to play.”

-Bill Belichick

BamaNation All-American TIDEnGA's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by MOBILE-BAMA View Post
    A Georgia Southern fan has asked me what the best route from Auburn to Tuscaloosa is and I have no clue if it's faster to go north all interstate or head towards Montgomery and take Hwy 82.

Any advice would be appreciated
    I grew up in Opelika and travelled back and forth for years both before and during my years at the University. Mind you this is all before the stadium expansions. We always went 82 on game day to avoid B'ham. That said B'ham is an "easier" way but usually longer on game day. I would think for the slightly earlier start you'd probably need to add an hour on the time if going thru B'ham. This will probably be a game where traffic will be much more congested for a certain period of time vs. a late start where traffic has all day to come in.

Thanks for the advice!
    "The first fifty yards I was praying no one would catch me, the last fifty yards I was praying that someone would." Lee Ozmint

BamaNation Second Team grlindsey08's Avatar

Any route that gets you out of Auburn and into Tuscaloosa is a good route. But I like going the Montgomery way.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!

“Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning takes care of itself.” - Coach Paul "Bear Bryant"

Thanks to everyone for the info. I'm that GSU fan. Don't judge me cause I'm coming from the barn!

Quote Originally Posted by GATA_eagles View Post
    Thanks to everyone for the info. I'm that GSU fan. Don't judge me cause I'm coming from the barn!
    Just hold your nose coming through Barnville.
    What's your 68?

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

I live here and Auburn and the best route IMO is 280 into BHam then hit the interstate. pretty much a straight shot

Quote Originally Posted by gamersfuel View Post
    I live here and Auburn and the best route IMO is 280 into BHam then hit the interstate. pretty much a straight shot
    I'm heading to Tuscaloosa Friday night so gameday traffic shouldn't be a problem if that changes the fastest route. Thanks again!

We live in Tuscaloosa and frequently visit friends who live in Auburn. I know, I know friends don't let friends live in Auburn!! But they insist. So, with that being said the fastest route we have found is Hwy 82 out of Montgomery. No stop lights after Prattville until Centreville and then just a couple whereas hwy 280 is nothing but stop lights. Also, its shorter distance wise than going all interstate. But, be on the lookout for State troopers they love cruising up and down Hwy 82.

Quote Originally Posted by GATA_eagles View Post
    I'm heading to Tuscaloosa Friday night so gameday traffic shouldn't be a problem if that changes the fastest route. Thanks again!
    B'ham traffic, weekend before Thanksgiving and high school football playoffs. I'd ride through the country.
    Champagne for real friends and real pain for sham friends. (Unknown)

10-4 fayette, i like the country view better anyway.