Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American TIDEnGA's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Saban doesn't want the team watching LSU-Arkansas game

I'm confused. I get the fact he'd rather they be watching film of Auburn. I don't get how the guys would be able to watch the LSU-Arkansas game. It's a 2:30 game so wouldn't the team either be practicing or travelling or a combo of the two? I know they don't fly to Auburn, so I assume they bus there. Maybe they'll be on the bus as the game is being played. Maybe that is what he's talking about. Gonna be hard for the guys not to want to take a peak at that game.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American Florida Tom's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Saban doesn't want the team watching LSU-Arkansas game

There focus Better be on the Barn & CNS knows it, heck, I had rather they watch the 2nd half of last years IB over & over. It has been said that it was played in the locker room at camp, I hope so.

This Team has Heart, the coaches will make sure they are focused.

But what happens on Friday ain't got a dang thing to do with the business at hand for the Tide.

My Mood
    Persnickety on TideFans.com

I for one am glad he has them concentrating on the Barner's!

The ls who's vs Hawg's game is of no consequence to Bama if they don't come out on top vs the Barn.....

They can TVo it and watch it after they beat the burn out of awburn!

'This Is Crimson Tide Football'
    Where The A Says It All!

ROLL~TIDE~ROLL
    This Above All: To thine own self be TRUE!
    [William Shakespeare - (Hamlet)]

News|BB|FB|REC
    Super Moderator
    My Mood
    Amused on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TIDEnGA View Post
    I'm confused. I get the fact he'd rather they be watching film of Auburn. I don't get how the guys would be able to watch the LSU-Arkansas game. It's a 2:30 game so wouldn't the team either be practicing or travelling or a combo of the two? I know they don't fly to Auburn, so I assume they bus there. Maybe they'll be on the bus as the game is being played. Maybe that is what he's talking about. Gonna be hard for the guys not to want to take a peak at that game.
    It is not too hard figure out CNS is talking about them taping or video recording the game to watch later. I am sure that is what CNS is talking about. They will get plenty of time after the Auburn game to watch that tape, over and over. lol

CNS is just saying stay focused. None of what happens in the LSU vs. Arkansas games means anything to Bama unless they win against Auburn.

The game's on Friday. What else might the team be doing? I don't know the schedule.
    Last edited by DaleC76; November 22nd, 2011 at 08:15 PM.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by DaleC76 View Post
    The game's on Friday. What else might the team be doing? I don't know the schedule.
    They normally fly out about 3:00 for away games. Since they're not flying I assume they'll bus and leave about that same time. I know they have a strict ritual night before and day of game. They'll get settled in, have meetings, eat, have more meetings, bed check, etc... I assume they still stay in Montgomery but don't know for sure.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Surfer View Post
    It is not too hard figure out CNS is talking about them taping or video recording the game to watch later. I am sure that is what CNS is talking about. They will get plenty of time after the Auburn game to watch that tape, over and over. lol

CNS is just saying stay focused. None of what happens in the LSU vs. Arkansas games means anything to Bama unless they win against Auburn.
    Yep, I guess my question sounds stupid now. I wasn't even thinking about taping it. I'm sure they will. I was mainly thinking they wouldn't have the opportunity to watch since they'll either be travelling, meeting or a little of both. I know he wants 100% focus. I'm not sure he got that this past Sat. Absolutely no excuse on anyone's part not to come in 100% focused on Auburn and Auburn alone.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

They can record it, but they wouldn't have access to it (assuming they leave T-Town before/during the game) until sometime Sunday. By then they'll know the score and likely seen highlights. Watching it would be anticlimatic.

If what happened last year in the Iron Bowl is not enough to get them focused they will never be! If they ain't madder than a wet hornet when they go into Jordan Hair I will be very disappointed!

BamaNation First Team

I will do everything within my power to get these suggestions to CNS. Clearly he is inexperienced preparing for big games.

BamaNation Second Team

This is what CNS means when he talks about avoiding "clutter". The team needs to be focused on dismantling *uburn (and nothing else) until the clock hits 00:00 Saturday.
    "Let them hate us, as long as they fear us." --Caligula

BamaNation All-American CHATTBRIT's Avatar
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

If the guys don't realize that all they have to do is beat the Barn Saturday and they are in the BCS Championship game. They don't even have to whoop them -- although it would be fun and provide pay back for last year -- and they are in. Assuming LSU beats Arky, they still have to play GA with the added potential for injury.

To the men of the Alabama Football Team - NEVER FORGET!
    My basset hound, Henry. 10-14-1998 - 04-09-2012
    Remembering Victor Ellis #9
    I would rather burn an American flag to protect the Constitution than burn the Constitution to protect the American flag

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by TIDEnGA View Post
    The buses they take have satellite TV/wifi so it would be available there. I'm guessing Coach won't let them watch it on the bus TVs but it will also be streaming online which many of the players will have access to on laptops, smartphones, iPads, etc.