Saban doesn't want the team watching LSU-Arkansas game

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
I'm confused. I get the fact he'd rather they be watching film of Auburn. I don't get how the guys would be able to watch the LSU-Arkansas game. It's a 2:30 game so wouldn't the team either be practicing or travelling or a combo of the two? I know they don't fly to Auburn, so I assume they bus there. Maybe they'll be on the bus as the game is being played. Maybe that is what he's talking about. Gonna be hard for the guys not to want to take a peak at that game.

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
There focus Better be on the Barn & CNS knows it, heck, I had rather they watch the 2nd half of last years IB over & over. It has been said that it was played in the locker room at camp, I hope so.

This Team has Heart, the coaches will make sure they are focused.

But what happens on Friday ain't got a dang thing to do with the business at hand for the Tide.

Crimson Surfer

News|BB|FB|REC, Super Moderator
Jul 14, 2001
Henderson, NV
I'm confused. I get the fact he'd rather they be watching film of Auburn. I don't get how the guys would be able to watch the LSU-Arkansas game. It's a 2:30 game so wouldn't the team either be practicing or travelling or a combo of the two? I know they don't fly to Auburn, so I assume they bus there. Maybe they'll be on the bus as the game is being played. Maybe that is what he's talking about. Gonna be hard for the guys not to want to take a peak at that game.
It is not too hard figure out CNS is talking about them taping or video recording the game to watch later. I am sure that is what CNS is talking about. They will get plenty of time after the Auburn game to watch that tape, over and over. lol

CNS is just saying stay focused. None of what happens in the LSU vs. Arkansas games means anything to Bama unless they win against Auburn.

DaleC76

3rd Team
Dec 5, 2006
The game's on Friday. What else might the team be doing? I don't know the schedule.

Last edited:

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
The game's on Friday. What else might the team be doing? I don't know the schedule.
They normally fly out about 3:00 for away games. Since they're not flying I assume they'll bus and leave about that same time. I know they have a strict ritual night before and day of game. They'll get settled in, have meetings, eat, have more meetings, bed check, etc... I assume they still stay in Montgomery but don't know for sure.

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
It is not too hard figure out CNS is talking about them taping or video recording the game to watch later. I am sure that is what CNS is talking about. They will get plenty of time after the Auburn game to watch that tape, over and over. lol

CNS is just saying stay focused. None of what happens in the LSU vs. Arkansas games means anything to Bama unless they win against Auburn.
Yep, I guess my question sounds stupid now. I wasn't even thinking about taping it. I'm sure they will. I was mainly thinking they wouldn't have the opportunity to watch since they'll either be travelling, meeting or a little of both. I know he wants 100% focus. I'm not sure he got that this past Sat. Absolutely no excuse on anyone's part not to come in 100% focused on Auburn and Auburn alone.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
They can record it, but they wouldn't have access to it (assuming they leave T-Town before/during the game) until sometime Sunday. By then they'll know the score and likely seen highlights. Watching it would be anticlimatic.

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
Swearengin, Alabama, United States
If what happened last year in the Iron Bowl is not enough to get them focused they will never be! If they ain't madder than a wet hornet when they go into Jordan Hair I will be very disappointed!

MBA_99

1st Team
Jan 11, 2010
A, A
I will do everything within my power to get these suggestions to CNS. Clearly he is inexperienced preparing for big games.

TheProcess

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 29, 2007
Cottondale, AL
This is what CNS means when he talks about avoiding "clutter". The team needs to be focused on dismantling *uburn (and nothing else) until the clock hits 00:00 Saturday.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
If the guys don't realize that all they have to do is beat the Barn Saturday and they are in the BCS Championship game. They don't even have to whoop them -- although it would be fun and provide pay back for last year -- and they are in. Assuming LSU beats Arky, they still have to play GA with the added potential for injury.

To the men of the Alabama Football Team - NEVER FORGET!

BamaDude06

1st Team
Sep 15, 2006
The buses they take have satellite TV/wifi so it would be available there. I'm guessing Coach won't let them watch it on the bus TVs but it will also be streaming online which many of the players will have access to on laptops, smartphones, iPads, etc.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I honestly see no harm in the team watching the game. You know they're going to be wondering what's going on which will make it harder to focus on their Auburn preparation. Plus, since, as Coach Saban say's, "It doesn't matter what happens in that game", then even more reason to let them watch it. If this was a regular game instead of AU they'd probably be allowed to watch. So I say don't make this game so important that we over prepare.
That concerns me a bit.
The players need to be relaxed and ready to do their jobs, not uptight and over motivated.
Just my two cents.

sip

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
Swearengin, Alabama, United States
I honestly see no harm in the team watching the game. You know they're going to be wondering what's going on which will make it harder to focus on their Auburn preparation. Plus, since, as Coach Saban say's, "It doesn't matter what happens in that game", then even more reason to let them watch it. If this was a regular game instead of AU they'd probably be allowed to watch. So I say don't make this game so important that we over prepare.
That concerns me a bit.
The players need to be relaxed and ready to do their jobs, not uptight and over motivated.
Just my two cents.

sip
Agree. Don't see how watching that game will have any effect on how they come out and play Saturday. They already know they blowed out Arkansas and blowed the LSU game.

DrollTide

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2008
Hunts Patch
My old boss used to talk about maniacal focus. This is what makes great companies and great teams. Now, the LSU-Ark game would be fun to watch, and you could convince yourself that it is relevant to your goals. But it is much lower value than being fully prepared for the next thing, which is some practice or other related to Auburn. I remember coach saying one time that the most exciting thing for him was the next practice, or the next workout, whatever it happened to be. Anything else is a distraction, because the LSU-Ark game is about the national championship, not beating Auburn.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
Thankfully us fans can watch the game. I can see how it would be a major distraction for the players though even if it isn't on the same day.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.