BamaNation All-American RogueElephant's Avatar
    Recipes
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Mediterranean Beef Stew

Description: Good Beef flavored Stew. It takes a while to cook but worth it once in a while.
    About 15 or so minutes to prepare
    Around 2 hours cooking time
    Serving Size: 4
    Difficulty: Easy

Ingredients:
    1. 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
    2. 1 med red onion chopped
    3. 1 med green pepper, seeded and chopped
    4. 1 lb beef chuck or round, cut into 1 inch chunks
    5. 3 garlic cloves, minced
    6. 1/2 cup beef broth
    7. 3/4 cup dry red wine
    8. 1 (14.5 oz) can chopped tomatoes, undrained
    9. 1/2 cup sliced sun-dried tomatoes
    10. 1/2 cup black olives, sliced
    11. 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
    12. 1 tbsp chopped fresh parfsley
    13. Crumbled feta cheese
    Preparation:
    1. In a large heavy-bottomed pot heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and bell pepper; cook 5 minutes or until softgened. Transfer to a plate, set aside.
    Instructions:
    1. In the same pot heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Season beef with salt and pepper to taste. Add to pot; cook 10 minutes or until all sides are well-seared, stirring occasionally. Add garlic; cook 1 minute. Transfer beef to a plate and set aside.

2. Add broth to pot, stirring up browned bits. Simmer over high heat until broth is reduced to half. Stir in wine, tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, olives, thyme ande 1/2 cup water. Return beef and vegetables to pot; stir to combine; bring to boiling. Reduce heat to low; simmer, covered for 1 1/2 hours or until beef is tender, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
    3. Sprinkle with parsley and feta and serve.
    Why did Tennessee choose orange as their team color? You can wear it to the game on Saturday, hunting on Sunday, and picking up trash along the highways the rest of the week.

The avatar is my former assistant who I think of as my adopted daugther. She is smart, funny, likeable and a Acct & Finance grad of Fullerton and given the right guidance would light the world on fire. Just don't tell her I said that.

2. Advertisement

Re: Mediterranean Beef Stew

Thanks for this one. It looks like an easy yummy!