Description: Good Beef flavored Stew. It takes a while to cook but worth it once in a while.
About 15 or so minutes to prepare
Around 2 hours cooking timeServing Size: 4Difficulty: Easy
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 med red onion chopped
- 1 med green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 lb beef chuck or round, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 3/4 cup dry red wine
- 1 (14.5 oz) can chopped tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup sliced sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup black olives, sliced
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parfsley
- Crumbled feta cheesePreparation:
- In a large heavy-bottomed pot heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and bell pepper; cook 5 minutes or until softgened. Transfer to a plate, set aside.Instructions:
- In the same pot heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Season beef with salt and pepper to taste. Add to pot; cook 10 minutes or until all sides are well-seared, stirring occasionally. Add garlic; cook 1 minute. Transfer beef to a plate and set aside.
- Add broth to pot, stirring up browned bits. Simmer over high heat until broth is reduced to half. Stir in wine, tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, olives, thyme ande 1/2 cup water. Return beef and vegetables to pot; stir to combine; bring to boiling. Reduce heat to low; simmer, covered for 1 1/2 hours or until beef is tender, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle with parsley and feta and serve.