Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

What to expect in 2012

While we wait for the next game, I was wondering what to expect for next year.

What kind of team do you think we will have? I know lots of things could happen, players leaving, coaches possibly doing the same. But big picture-- any glaring weaknesses?

2. Advertisement
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: What to expect in 2012

Who knows? But I'll be willing to bet we won't suck

BamaNation All-SEC TheTradition's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Probably pretty similar to last year with a slightly more experienced defense.
    "We don't really hire people to come in here and do what they do - we hire them to come in and do what we want them to do."

Coach Nick Saban - Press Conference: 3/21/11

Post Thanks / Like

I guess the question stems from wondering why Auburn keeps using the excuse of being "young" while having Top-5 recruiting classes for a couple of seasons now.

BamaNation First Team Bear Disciple's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I think we will still be a quality team, top 10 in my opinion. The worst defense since the first year Coach Saban arrived was obviously last year, yet we still could have easily won in all of our 3 losses, similar to how we could've beaten LSU this year but didn't make the plays to do so. AJ will be far improved and he's only gotten better as the season has progressed thus far, Lacy will be a great runner I believe, if Trent does decide to go pro. Tough to tell exactly at this point, but this coaching staff has taught me to be nothing but optimistic about our chances.

BamaNation All-American Florida Tom's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

When will A Day be played I know it is usually mid April but when will they give date?

We are going to need kickers, punter, Offensive Line tight ends and wide receivers

Defense ill be great even with the ones we lose.

The way our coaches try to keep the D as fresh as possible they are building next years stars all along.

BamaNation First Team STONECOLDSABAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i actually think the O-line will be ok...the Kouandjio brothers will be back in action Cyrus was coming along real well befor his injury..and there is a chance barret jones might be back..also being injuried the last few games may have hurt his draft status (not that im wishing this on him of course, absolutley not but it might be the case) also i think i heard someone on here say he was working on his masters, so if thats the case, thats a big reason to stay.

i agree the tight end position is something we will need to work on...but what we lose in that we make up with stronger receiving core. duron carter will finally see the field and bell, carter, and norwood will be back along with some of the great guys we have recruited.

the kicking game.....yeah i don't think i can say anything that hasn't already been said by everyone else. XD

Defensively we could get alot of help from some juco guys at Cornerback we are recruiting...linebacker and saftey concern me even with vinnie stepping up and mosley and johnson (i think) coming back....if we can get some solid play from whoever replaces chapman at noseguard, Our D line could be sick with williams, dial, and square being back.
    Last edited by STONECOLDSABAN; November 27th, 2011 at 04:05 PM.
    ALABAMA FOOTBALL RULES AND THATS THE BOTTOM LINE BECAUSE STONE COLD SAID SO!!!!!!!!!

BamaNation Second Team Bamajimbo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amused on TideFans.com

One big question is if we will have the same OC and DC as this year? That could have a significant effect on our success.

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

I expect 10-2. I'm woried about LSU, Michigan, Georgia.

BamaNation First Team gtowntide's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

I think LSU will be picked to win the west based on what they return. That being said, we'll be a top ten team that will get stronger as the year progresses ,we've got a lot of very talented young ones that have had playing time.

BamaNation First Team STONECOLDSABAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Neos View Post
    I expect 10-2. I'm woried about LSU, Michigan, Georgia.
    Lsu...yes....georgia (depends on who they lose and/or are they gonna get lazy because richt is off the hot seat?) michigan........until BIG ten it can prove anything other than being the sec's whipping boy.....im not gonna be sweating to much. (not saying michigan couldn't be a problem first game out of the gate).
    ALABAMA FOOTBALL RULES AND THATS THE BOTTOM LINE BECAUSE STONE COLD SAID SO!!!!!!!!!

BamaNation First Team TidePride50's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Most likely top 10, and 9-11 win season. It's gonna be a down year.

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that we will be as talented as any team in the nation and have a great chance at another BCSCG.