Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 14 to 26 of 88
  1. #14
    BamaNation First Team
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    352
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What to expect in 2012

    It all depends on whether or not we keep our OC and DC. A change in one of those rolls would be a bit of a disruption for the Saban machine.

  2. Advertisement
  3. #15
    BamaNation All-American Crimson1967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,880
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    Re: What to expect in 2012

    Are we for certain playing Georgia next year? I know they were next up on the rotation, but will that change with the expansion? I'm assuming A&M/Missouri will be permament rivals, but someone has to have Missouri for their rotating opponent next year.

  4. #16
    BamaNation All-SEC TheTradition's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Alabaster, AL
    Posts
    1,472
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What to expect in 2012

    Offense

    QB- With a year of experience under his belt, I expect AJ to perform really well. He should have a lot more freedom much like McElroy did his second year.

    RB- There is still a possibility TR stays for his senior year, but for right now, let's assume he leaves. EL is very capable of carrying the workload, and I'm sure Hart and Fowler will get plenty of carries.

    WR- Carter adds a big, physical threat at WR. Bell, White, and Norwood are all back, and we could even see some newcomers get playing time.

    TE- I hate losing Brad Smelley. He has been a nice surprise this year. But Williams returns, and we've still got some of young guys like Harrison Jones and Brian Vogler.

    OL- We return Warmack, Steen, Fluker, and possibly even Barrett Jones on the OL. If Jones does return, he will take over for Vlachos at center. If not, we're gonna need some young guys to step up. CyKo will probably take over at LT regardless of what B.J. decides to do.

    Defense

    DL- We should be fine here. Square, Williams, and Dial will all be back. We lose Chapman, but Ivory can step in or even possible JUCO signee Daniel McCullers.

    LB- We lose 3 of our 4 starting LBs with Nico returning. With as much as Moseley plays, you can count him as a returning starter too. Adrian Hubbard played a lot this year, and although he can't fully replace Upshaw, he should be fine at Jack. Xzavier Dickson could see time as well.

    CB- Milliner, John Fulton, and some possible JUCO guys will replace Menzie and maybe even Dre if he leaves.

    S- I think Lester will be back for another year, and I have full confidence that Sunseri can replace Barron.
    "We don't really hire people to come in here and do what they do - we hire them to come in and do what we want them to do."

    Coach Nick Saban - Press Conference: 3/21/11

  5. #17
    BamaNation All-American
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Auburn/near a cow pasture
    Posts
    2,728
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

    Re: What to expect in 2012

    Really cant say much other than we will be a good team. I think we are at the point talent wise that we will compete for a championship every year. May slip up and lose a game or 2 or 3 but we will have a team that can beat anyone. If AJ can become the QB some think he can the sky can be the limit

  6. #18
    BamaNation Hall of Fame RJ YellowHammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Memphis, Tn
    Posts
    6,469
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

    Re: What to expect in 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson1967 View Post
    Are we for certain playing Georgia next year? I know they were next up on the rotation, but will that change with the expansion? I'm assuming A&M/Missouri will be permament rivals, but someone has to have Missouri for their rotating opponent next year.
    At the moment, we're not even sure how many conference games we'll be playing.
    "This is not the end. This is the beginning." - Nick Saban, at the 2009 NC celebration at B-D.

  7. #19
    BamaNation First Team CrimsonCrusade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Cookeville, TN
    Posts
    524
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

    Re: What to expect in 2012

    I think Bama will be undefeated National Champs. Then again, I always think that.
    "Oderint Dum Metuant. (Let them hate, so long as they fear.)" - Lucius Accicus

  8. #20
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TideFan in AU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Almost close enough to the pasture to smell it!
    Posts
    5,013
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    Re: What to expect in 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by TheTradition View Post
    Offense

    QB- With a year of experience under his belt, I expect AJ to perform really well. He should have a lot more freedom much like McElroy did his second year.

    RB- There is still a possibility TR stays for his senior year, but for right now, let's assume he leaves. EL is very capable of carrying the workload, and I'm sure Hart and Fowler will get plenty of carries.

    WR- Carter adds a big, physical threat at WR. Bell, White, and Norwood are all back, and we could even see some newcomers get playing time.

    TE- I hate losing Brad Smelley. He has been a nice surprise this year. But Williams returns, and we've still got some of young guys like Harrison Jones and Brian Vogler.

    OL- We return Warmack, Steen, Fluker, and possibly even Barrett Jones on the OL. If Jones does return, he will take over for Vlachos at center. If not, we're gonna need some young guys to step up. CyKo will probably take over at LT regardless of what B.J. decides to do.

    Defense

    DL- We should be fine here. Square, Williams, and Dial will all be back. We lose Chapman, but Ivory can step in or even possible JUCO signee Daniel McCullers.

    LB- We lose 3 of our 4 starting LBs with Nico returning. With as much as Moseley plays, you can count him as a returning starter too. Adrian Hubbard played a lot this year, and although he can't fully replace Upshaw, he should be fine at Jack. Xzavier Dickson could see time as well.

    CB- Milliner, John Fulton, and some possible JUCO guys will replace Menzie and maybe even Dre if he leaves.

    S- I think Lester will be back for another year, and I have full confidence that Sunseri can replace Barron.
    Great run down. I think Tana Patrick and Trey DePriest will be big contributors at the LB position, and Ha Ha will definitely see some serious PT in the secondary. I think Geoffrey Pagan, and from some of the buzz coming from practice, even DJ Pettway may be in the DL rotation. Marvin Shinn and Christian Jones should get a look at WR, and may see some K/P return duty as well.

    The biggest spots to fill are going to be for Upshaw, Hightower, Barron, Menzie and possibly Kirkpatrick on defense, and Maze, Hanks, Smelley, Vlachos and, of course, Trent on offense. The think the offensive guys can be replaced sufficiently, and think the running game will be strong, even without Trent. I think the play of whomever replaces Upshaw, Hightower, and the DB's is going to be crucial to determining whether we are really good team or a great team.
    “And the roses in this grand ol’ stadium are once again Crimson!” - Eli Gold, Jan 7th, 2010

    Alabama wasn’t just dominating Monday night. They were some word that has yet to be invented in the English language. - Aaron Torres, Jan 10th, 2012

    "If this was a prize fight, they'd call it off!" - Brent Musberger, Jan 7th, 2013

  9. #21
    BamaNation First Team Padreruf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    High Point, North Carolina USA
    Posts
    985
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What to expect in 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by TideFan in AU View Post
    Great run down. I think Tana Patrick and Trey DePriest will be big contributors at the LB position, and Ha Ha will definitely see some serious PT in the secondary. I think Geoffrey Pagan, and from some of the buzz coming from practice, even DJ Pettway may be in the DL rotation. Marvin Shinn and Christian Jones should get a look at WR, and may see some K/P return duty as well.

    The biggest spots to fill are going to be for Upshaw, Hightower, Barron, Menzie and possibly Kirkpatrick on defense, and Maze, Hanks, Smelley, Vlachos and, of course, Trent on offense. The think the offensive guys can be replaced sufficiently, and think the running game will be strong, even without Trent. I think the play of whomever replaces Upshaw, Hightower, and the DB's is going to be crucial to determining whether we are really good team or a great team.
    Right on target. They are not only fast, they are big and strong and stop the other offense at the LOS. But, this is the greatness of college football.
    "The greatest evil in the world is not 'not knowing;' it is not knowing that you do not know." Alfred North Whitehead

  10. #22
    BamaNation Hall of Fame CapstoneGrad06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    7,105
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What to expect in 2012

    I expect something similar to 2010, but without the hype entering the season. That being said, we'll still be a pre-season Top 10 team in 2012. We should return six starters on defense, along with seven starters on offense. I think we can expect another Top 10 defense nationally, and a more experienced offense. Though we're going to miss Trent Richardson and Marquis Maze on in key situations. However, I like the guys we have coming back and the young guys that gained experience this season. All in all, somewhere between 9-12 wins, depending on the breaks we get and the development of the new starters.
    "Each play has a history and a life of its own. How is that play going to be remembered? If you're focusing on that play and what you have to do that single play, usually you'll do pretty good on it." - Coach Nick Saban

  11. #23
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Birmingham,Alabama
    Posts
    455
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Psychedelic on TideFans.com

    Re: What to expect in 2012

    Who will take over as LSU's starting QB?

  12. #24
    BamaNation Second Team Bamajimbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    102
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amused on TideFans.com

    Re: What to expect in 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by TheSabanator View Post
    Who will take over as LSU's starting QB?
    I guess the front runner is Zach Mettenberger.

  13. #25
    BamaNation First Team
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    England
    Posts
    859
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What to expect in 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by UA94 View Post
    While we wait for the next game, I was wondering what to expect for next year.

    What kind of team do you think we will have? I know lots of things could happen, players leaving, coaches possibly doing the same. But big picture-- any glaring weaknesses?
    It will be a rebuilding year. I think O-line and secondary are the major concerns next year. We do have depth, but it will take a year for players to fully develope in Saban system (just like 2010).

    I'm curious how our offense will develope. It will all depend on AJ and Sims.

  14. #26
    BamaNation All-SEC GoBama#1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Midlothian, Virginia
    Posts
    1,499
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What to expect in 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by STONECOLDSABAN View Post
    Lsu...yes....georgia (depends on who they lose and/or are they gonna get lazy because richt is off the hot seat?) michigan........until BIG ten it can prove anything other than being the sec's whipping boy.....im not gonna be sweating to much. (not saying michigan couldn't be a problem first game out of the gate).
    The thing about Michigan is they are already being anointed a darkhorse contender for the NC next year, I can see why but still think they have alot to prove.
    "Destiny will guide as me as I climb aboard and finally and take the last train...That blood red engine pulls a chain of crimson and takes me home...

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
'Gear UP! Get your University of Alabama Crimson Tide National Championship & Football Dynasty Gear!